Traveling across the world? Tips, experiences, suggestions. . Help me out NT

Can i get more information on these jobs in other countires?
"I just got lucky" What did you do to go to all those countries.

Im gonna be a freshman in college so im only 18 and im really interested in traveling and maybe even find a career that will have me travel if theres good careers out there for that.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

So I just finished college, and i realized that im not completely ready for a 9-5. I want to go back to school but im in no position to take out another set of loans for graduate school. 
Ive been talking to some avid travelers, and they've suggested finding a part time job, save up and go to countries where the dollar goes along way. Such as Argentina,Brazil,Czech,Egypt, Taiwan, etc, etc. 

Are there any Nters that have been to 2nd and/or 3rd world countries? If possible could you share experiences good or bad. 

Thank

2nd/3rd world countries? My dude bought to end up on Locked Up Abroad. 

So I just finished college, and i realized that im not completely ready for a 9-5. I want to go back to school but im in no position to take out another set of loans for graduate school. 
Ive been talking to some avid travelers, and they've suggested finding a part time job, save up and go to countries where the dollar goes along way. Such as Argentina,Brazil,Czech,Egypt, Taiwan, etc, etc. 

Are there any Nters that have been to 2nd and/or 3rd world countries? If possible could you share experiences good or bad. 

Thank

2nd/3rd world countries? My dude bought to end up on Locked Up Abroad. 

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

pimp.gif
I envy the crap outta you man. You stay true to ur avy.
pimp.gif
Hope I get lucky too.

I have traveled alone with one set of backpack through N. Africa, then crossed into Spain from Morocco. I would definitely recommend Morocco, it is something out of the old Indiana Jones movies. You can go to this city called Marrakech and you can see all types of crazy stuff (basically they have snake charmers, singers, shops, and all that type of exotic stuff). You can climb the Atlas Mountain. You can drive down 8 hours to Western Sahara and sleep in the desert, ride camels. You can go into Rabat and see the royal kings palace, this city is advanced and they've everything you would need. They have places like Zara, Macdonals on one side of town and you can go into a place called Medina, which is like totally exotic and different. Agadir is filled with european people, beaches, chicks, so on and so forth. Their is Fes, Tangier (the city at the top near before you cross into Spain). A lot to see.

$100 = 875dh. It goes far.

I have traveled alone with one set of backpack through N. Africa, then crossed into Spain from Morocco. I would definitely recommend Morocco, it is something out of the old Indiana Jones movies. You can go to this city called Marrakech and you can see all types of crazy stuff (basically they have snake charmers, singers, shops, and all that type of exotic stuff). You can climb the Atlas Mountain. You can drive down 8 hours to Western Sahara and sleep in the desert, ride camels. You can go into Rabat and see the royal kings palace, this city is advanced and they've everything you would need. They have places like Zara, Macdonals on one side of town and you can go into a place called Medina, which is like totally exotic and different. Agadir is filled with european people, beaches, chicks, so on and so forth. Their is Fes, Tangier (the city at the top near before you cross into Spain). A lot to see.

$100 = 875dh. It goes far.

Check out Prague if you can... Ive been to a bunch of different countries/cities in Europe and Prague might have been my favorite.

And much of "i just got lucky's" advice is right on point

Check out Prague if you can... Ive been to a bunch of different countries/cities in Europe and Prague might have been my favorite.

And much of "i just got lucky's" advice is right on point

I've been to Australia (Sydney, Townsville, Darwin), Singapore, Japan (Tokyo, Sasebo, Nagasaki, Fukuoka), Guam, Philippines, Thailand, Dubai, Bahrain, Djibouti (Africa),

Tips to save money:

- Learn how to use public transportation (Buses, trains, shuttles) - Avoid taxis as much as possible and if you use a taxi make sure its a METERED Taxi. It depends what country you are on, they are mostly to rip you off if they know you are a tourist.
- Stay in Hostels.
- Eat where the locals eat. Not the sketchy type and use your best judgment, you don't to get sick (food poisoning and Hepatitis) Eating local and exotic food is probably one of the best experience when it comes to traveling. You can't go to Thailand and eat McDonald's that would just be ******ed.

How to maximize your experience:
- Meet the locals.
- be open minded. Your not in America - some of the things that won't usually do in US is most likely legal in some of these countries. Some might be gross and (or) dangerous...just don't get killed - again use the best of your judgment.
- IMO meeting college exchange students (from the US) that currently reside in that county would mostly be the ones who will give you a tour for free. The only problem here is meeting or finding them. So far my time in Singapore and Australia was the only time I got to do this.
- Check the travel channel or websites for ideas on things to do on that country.

Avoid:
- DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL. Make sure to read up on Local laws, their CUSTOMS and Courtesies, the do's and don't of each country. The only thing you probably do not want to do is get stuck in a 3rd country prison. There are books you can buy at borders that will tell you all of this. (Trust me, the last thing you want to do is act like a tourist...I've learned from my experiences that trying to get to know their customs and trying to speak their language and showing respect could go a long way.) I've gotten free meals and rides from locals.
- Do not GO IN RAW W/ANYONE YOU MEET. Herpes does not come with a return receipt.
- Do not buy prostitutes. No matter how hot they are...Local women love Americans.

My top 3 places I've been to:
1) Tokyo, Japan
2) Singapore
3) Sydney, Australia

I swear, Japan has the nicest people in the world. I haven't been to country where everyone is so damn polite. Singpapore...best local food - if you love SEAFOOD, this is the place to be. Sydney Australia - women love americans (mostly our accent). The first time I met a Filipina girl with an Australian accent *SIMP MODE: OFF [ACTIVATE]* Good times.
pimp.gif
Ha, thanks for that. How long did you stay in your top 3 places. And isn't Japan pretty expensive?
Japan - I was in Tokyo for a month.  - I spent like $5k in a month.  Definitely not cheap.  I had a lot of fun, after a month, I honestly wanted to stay and i didnt want to go back home. 
nerd.gif

Singapore - i was there for about 3 months because of work.  Lodging was free so I pretty much spent most of my money on everything else.  I dont even remember how much money I spent...
Sydney - check you pm.

I've been to Australia (Sydney, Townsville, Darwin), Singapore, Japan (Tokyo, Sasebo, Nagasaki, Fukuoka), Guam, Philippines, Thailand, Dubai, Bahrain, Djibouti (Africa),

Tips to save money:

- Learn how to use public transportation (Buses, trains, shuttles) - Avoid taxis as much as possible and if you use a taxi make sure its a METERED Taxi. It depends what country you are on, they are mostly to rip you off if they know you are a tourist.
- Stay in Hostels.
- Eat where the locals eat. Not the sketchy type and use your best judgment, you don't to get sick (food poisoning and Hepatitis) Eating local and exotic food is probably one of the best experience when it comes to traveling. You can't go to Thailand and eat McDonald's that would just be ******ed.

How to maximize your experience:
- Meet the locals.
- be open minded. Your not in America - some of the things that won't usually do in US is most likely legal in some of these countries. Some might be gross and (or) dangerous...just don't get killed - again use the best of your judgment.
- IMO meeting college exchange students (from the US) that currently reside in that county would mostly be the ones who will give you a tour for free. The only problem here is meeting or finding them. So far my time in Singapore and Australia was the only time I got to do this.
- Check the travel channel or websites for ideas on things to do on that country.

Avoid:
- DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL. Make sure to read up on Local laws, their CUSTOMS and Courtesies, the do's and don't of each country. The only thing you probably do not want to do is get stuck in a 3rd country prison. There are books you can buy at borders that will tell you all of this. (Trust me, the last thing you want to do is act like a tourist...I've learned from my experiences that trying to get to know their customs and trying to speak their language and showing respect could go a long way.) I've gotten free meals and rides from locals.
- Do not GO IN RAW W/ANYONE YOU MEET. Herpes does not come with a return receipt.
- Do not buy prostitutes. No matter how hot they are...Local women love Americans.

My top 3 places I've been to:
1) Tokyo, Japan
2) Singapore
3) Sydney, Australia

I swear, Japan has the nicest people in the world. I haven't been to country where everyone is so damn polite. Singpapore...best local food - if you love SEAFOOD, this is the place to be. Sydney Australia - women love americans (mostly our accent). The first time I met a Filipina girl with an Australian accent *SIMP MODE: OFF [ACTIVATE]* Good times.
pimp.gif
Ha, thanks for that. How long did you stay in your top 3 places. And isn't Japan pretty expensive?
Japan - I was in Tokyo for a month.  - I spent like $5k in a month.  Definitely not cheap.  I had a lot of fun, after a month, I honestly wanted to stay and i didnt want to go back home. 
nerd.gif

Singapore - i was there for about 3 months because of work.  Lodging was free so I pretty much spent most of my money on everything else.  I dont even remember how much money I spent...
Sydney - check you pm.

Back
Top Bottom