Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

WOW. all this time I thought the prices of these games were inflated, turns out they have ALWAYS charged 60 for a single game....
Thinking about how much more advanced games are compared to these, I almost feel like theyre a value (not really)...the software at least

edit: nevermind, I just saw they had NBA Hangtime for the genesis for 70 bucks! I retract everything I just said, these companies were out there TAXING! lol

oh my goodness, I remember those Tamagotchi pets. People used to carry two or three of them on their necks haha

WOW. all this time I thought the prices of these games were inflated, turns out they have ALWAYS charged 60 for a single game....
Thinking about how much more advanced games are compared to these, I almost feel like theyre a value (not really)...the software at least
edit: nevermind, I just saw they had NBA Hangtime for the genesis for 70 bucks! I retract everything I just said, these companies were out there TAXING! lol
Cartridges were more expensive to manufacture than discs.

Cartridges were more expensive to manufacture than discs.
plus the systems..i mean ppl complain now, but they were like 200-500 range controllers...accesories about 50 bucks. so really no change. if you really think about it they actually were more expensive considering the time...

Wasnt much of a n64/gamecube fan but now playing on emulator and they werent half bad systems

I don't care what yall say, Mortal KombatS were better on SNES than Genesis. Even Part 1. I don't care if there was no blood. SNES was a better GAME.

Ahh, those were the days. This catalog is why I don't understand why people complain about the prices of video games. They were the same price back then. When you take inflation into account, they've gotten significantly cheaper.

I don't care what yall say, Mortal KombatS were better on SNES than Genesis. Even Part 1. I don't care if there was no blood. SNES was a better GAME.
um......................no street fighter ill give u...and thts even debatable (liked sega 6 button pad better). But blood fatalities etc...is what made mk w/o it its pretty much eternal champions

The first Clay Fighter was AWESOME braj....and word why hasn't Microsoft given us KI 1 and 2 on the Arcade?
i honestly have no clue...to be honest a good amount of classic games could be remade via updated to meet the new systems...ala like sleeping dogs reminded me of streets of rage... maybe a newer less side scrolling final fight, or earthworm jim, hell battletoads..strider...we need a new tmnt multi co-op player game

i honestly have no clue...to be honest a good amount of classic games could be remade via updated to meet the new systems...ala like sleeping dogs reminded me of streets of rage... maybe a newer less side scrolling final fight, or earthworm jim, hell battletoads..strider...we need a new tmnt multi co-op player game

Capcom came out with a loose Final Fight sequel called Final Fight - Street Wise...it was a Sandbox type game that came out horrible. Definitely need Battletoads, Double Dragon, and the musical masterpiece Streets of Rage to be done over. I think if they keep it 2D it could still be great.

Capcom came out with a loose Final Fight sequel called Final Fight - Street Wise...it was a Sandbox type game that came out horrible. Definitely need Battletoads, Double Dragon, and the musical masterpiece Streets of Rage to be done over. I think if they keep it 2D it could still be great.
yea but weve seen that...so i think adding a 3d open source world to alot of those side scrolling games..add a indepth plot/story line... and update movements etc... graphics with the times... like altered beast, golden axe, or shinobi... they have done this with other games....

eek.gif
 WOW! Nostalgia blast! Vectorman, Donkey Kong Country 2, Crash, Twisted Metal, NBA Jam, Super Mario 64, etc etc. My goodness, great times!

I know I'm late, but man I feel like a terrible son for begging so much for video games that were priced that high. The fact that my mom bought even 1/10 of what I begged for was great on her part! I didn't know any better 
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom