Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

Man, those scans bring back a bunch of memories! I just finished reorganizing my retro game collection like 2 weeks ago.

View media item 179142
View media item 179143
View media item 179144
^^ Here's some pics prior to me reorganizing and dusting everything!

Hooked up to my 60" Panasonic Plasma

View media item 179176

Hooked up to my Sony CRT
View media item 179177

On the floor waiting to be dusted.
View media item 179178

I pretty much own every mainstream console released after the original NES. Most of these are from my childhood. I plan on picking up a Turbografx and CD-i soon to complete my console collection.
2e3sljk.gif

was this the one with bodyboarding? like bobsleding downhill on gravel? if so, game was lots o fun
They had that on there as well as skateboarding where you can knock other skaters off lol

^^ Here's some pics prior to me reorganizing and dusting everything!

Hooked up to my 60" Panasonic Plasma

Hooked up to my Sony CRT

On the floor waiting to be dusted.

I pretty much own every mainstream console released after the original NES. Most of these are from my childhood. I plan on picking up a Turbografx and CD-i soon to complete my console collection.
NeoGeo and 3DO... nice... didn't expect to see those on NT! 

I had a PC-Engine + CD-ROM (Turbografx to you!) back in the day, but sold it a while back.

Incidentally, I have a Pioneer LD (yes, LaserDisc) player that can play PC-Engine & MegaDrive (Genesis) games. Useful and saves space!

Is that from Canada or something, games were definitely not that much. PS games were $40, SNES were $30 I think.

I remember getting Jet Moto 2 and Tekken when I got my Playstation for Christmas. That **** was too damn epic at the time. I miss the old days.
tired.gif

**** you.
:x :x
i hate you
It's not really hard to amass a retro gaming collection, just takes patience and time. Unless you're loaded you can just pay eBay/Amazon prices and it won't take that long, but I have one golden rule, never pay more than $5 for any retro gaming stuff. I could of had a lot more, but due to my golden rule I only really game hunt at flea markets, goodwills, salvation army, and pawn shops.

:wow: :wow: :wow: Until now, I never really knew what the Neo Geo system looked like! Good stuff there! And do you have 4 copies of Zelda for NES? No Atari Jaguar? lol

Nah, I only have 2 copies of Zelda. One that plays and doesn't save (due to dead internal battery), the other plays and saves. The rest of those gold carts are unlicensed video games made by a company called Camerica http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camerica

I do have a Jaguar, but I have zero games, so it stays in the closet in the box.

Cool thing about my Neo Geo is it's modded!

awesome collection...you sir are a manimal..

Thanks! A lot of that stuff is from my childhood, I just recently got into collecting in August 2011. I find myself buying less sneakers, so I found a new hobby.

I had a PC-Engine + CD-ROM (Turbografx to you!) back in the day, but sold it a while back.

Incidentally, I have a Pioneer LD (yes, LaserDisc) player that can play PC-Engine & MegaDrive (Genesis) games. Useful and saves space!

Damn bro, pc engine? Never seen one in real life, but I have heard about them, seems like it did pretty well overseas. Too bad the Turbografx didn't pick up in the states. The TG16 is actually a good console with some fun games!

I love all my retro games and systems its just a clusterF and a pain in the *** to have all these systems hooked up got my 360 (xbox and 360 games), ps2 (ps2 and ps1 games), Sega Saturn , n64 , Snes, nes , Gamecube , genesis. Wish I could just have all my games saved on my 360 or something
I know what you are saying, but emulation doesn't cut it for me. I guess you can say I'm a purist, some games just run too smooth or too fast on emulators. Would love to see pics of your setup!

Last edited:

Damn bro, pc engine? Never seen one in real life, but I have heard about them, seems like it did pretty well overseas. Too bad the Turbografx didn't pick up in the states. The TG16 is actually a good console with some fun games!
Yeah, I live in HK where the PC-Engine was reasonably popular back in the day... actually, Asia in general.  The games were pretty limited back then, but the hardware was pretty powerful. I remember getting super-excited when they announced Street Fighter (1) for PC-Engine CD-ROM (incidentally, they called it Fighting Street lol).  It's a shame it didn't really pick-up in the US/Europe, ultimately, I think it came down to their games-library. Like you said, there were some good games, but the library was too small. In terms of comparison, it was probably equal to the Genesis, but Sega had better games to choose from.  

Lol @ this catalog thread having turned into an old-school-console thread...

Last edited:
where the action figures at...

most vivid toys r us flyer in my memory was back when batman returns was out. i wanted that batcave soooo bad

OG PS1 owners the OG swap trick. no mod chip or double swap trick needed.

you just needed to go to the audio music player, have it preload the tracks. swap it with the copied game. oh yea spring in place. then boot. WOW!

the first ps1s were nice too cause it had separate composite video output and you werent stuck to using the sony proprietary a/v wires

OG PS1 owners the OG swap trick. no mod chip or double swap trick needed.

you just needed to go to the audio music player, have it preload the tracks. swap it with the copied game. oh yea spring in place. then boot. WOW!

the first ps1s were nice too cause it had separate composite video output and you werent stuck to using the sony proprietary a/v wires
Haha, I didn't even bother with the spring... I just used a piece of Blu-Tack (Sticky-Tack, or whatever you call it) instead. LOL.

If memory serves, my method was to load the black PS1 original (I think I used Ridge Racer)... then as soon as the PS logo appeared and the disc stopped spinning, I swapped and voila... I think that' was what I did anyway... 

Yes, separate composite inputs FTW. First-gen right there!

:lol: at hearing Babbages and Funcoland in the same thread...at least Funcoland had the newspaper thing with how much they'd give you for a game...sorta like Beckett

Back
Top Bottom