Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

I'll probably do this tomorrow and cop Uncharted 2. Question for the NY heads, what spots should I hit up and which should I avoid completely?

does anyone here on NT work at TRU?
nerd.gif

they better not be giving away our lil loophole/scam to there damn employers like suckers tryna get a pat on a back
mad.gif

The thing is, this isn't new. Any competent person can assume what you're doing. Some don't care. Others can't do anything about it because youwent around the policy when executed perfectly.

my TRU was already onto this...when i got a gift receipt, they would only give me one that had all 3 games on it.
I even told them that the 2 games were for 2 different people...gave me 1 gift receipt with all 3 games.
only have 2 TRU's around me, so i guess im out...
-sf77

Im just going to buy the 3 games and then return them when the other games come out.

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

okay im back.. it worked for me TWICE. i picked up madden & live .. for some reason 2k is sold out everywhere lol. anyway.. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR GIFT RECEIPTS FOR THE 2 GAMES YOU CHOOSE NOT TO KEEP.. THATS IMPORTANT. I GOT SHUT DOWN TWICE.. AND IT WORKED TWICE. UNFORTUNATELY MY FUN CAME TO AN END A FEW MINS AGO. i forgot to mention the gift reciept as they were ringing up the games.. they said umm its too late now.. we cant do it here go to CUSTOMER CARE. so i did and they SHUT ME DOWN. They told me that i would have to return all 3 games .. Get store credit and repurchase. So i did.. BUT ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT TO MENTION 2 SEPERATE GIFT RECIEPTS.

Now heres my problem.. The dude did gift me a gift receipt for the entire purchase of 3 games.. i wonder if i return later with just 2 of the 3 games.. will they credit me or will they demand that i also return the free game. I was gonna pretend i recieved the games as a gift.. decided to keep 1 and return the other 2 for something else. Think that might work ??

btw sorry for the long read.
ur kinda f'd there man. kinda like what i did. i tried returning 2 with my original receipt. they asked for the 3rd and asked if i wanted a full refund or get gift receipts. i took the gift receipts as if i didnt have em from the first time i purchased cuz i already did. imma have my girl do it at another location with the "gift receipts" on the policy it states if u exchange games with gift receipts you will get store credit without a doubt no other option. if returned with original receipt u get to choose from a full refund or even exchange. so ur not making that 4th game happen.
and for all those that dont know returns are good for 45 days if unopened. so that gives everyone til about mid november to wait for games to drop. i.e cod mw2
pimp.gif

we need help. def let me know how it goes. i need a way out of this

I just called Best Buy in my area and they said that they will match the TRU deal...So I'm going tomorrow to hopefully get Uncharted 2,NBA 2K10 and BrutalLegend...

my TRU was already onto this...when i got a gift receipt, they would only give me one that had all 3 games on it.
I even told them that the 2 games were for 2 different people...gave me 1 gift receipt with all 3 games.
only have 2 TRU's around me, so i guess im out...
-sf77

I hope this wasn't and employee who wouldn't give you a gift receipt cause i would of caused a ruckus

1. At the time of the purchase are you doing anything that is going against store policy?

NO!!

So they should give you a gift receipt. Ask them to show you something in writing where it states you can't get separate gift receipts.

Don't let these clowns jerk you around (no ayyo) stay one step ahead and always ask questions. Don't make threats, just keep it cool and play like youknow 100% what you are talking about

okay im back.. it worked for me TWICE. i picked up madden & live .. for some reason 2k is sold out everywhere lol. anyway.. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR GIFT RECEIPTS FOR THE 2 GAMES YOU CHOOSE NOT TO KEEP.. THATS IMPORTANT. I GOT SHUT DOWN TWICE.. AND IT WORKED TWICE. UNFORTUNATELY MY FUN CAME TO AN END A FEW MINS AGO. i forgot to mention the gift reciept as they were ringing up the games.. they said umm its too late now.. we cant do it here go to CUSTOMER CARE. so i did and they SHUT ME DOWN. They told me that i would have to return all 3 games .. Get store credit and repurchase. So i did.. BUT ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT TO MENTION 2 SEPERATE GIFT RECIEPTS.

Now heres my problem.. The dude did gift me a gift receipt for the entire purchase of 3 games.. i wonder if i return later with just 2 of the 3 games.. will they credit me or will they demand that i also return the free game. I was gonna pretend i recieved the games as a gift.. decided to keep 1 and return the other 2 for something else. Think that might work ??

ur kinda f'd there man. kinda like what i did. i tried returning 2 with my original receipt. they asked for the 3rd and asked if i wanted a full refund or get gift receipts. i took the gift receipts as if i didnt have em from the first time i purchased cuz i already did. imma have my girl do it at another location with the "gift receipts" on the policy it states if u exchange games with gift receipts you will get store credit without a doubt no other option. if returned with original receipt u get to choose from a full refund or even exchange. so ur not making that 4th game happen.
and for all those that dont know returns are good for 45 days if unopened. so that gives everyone til about mid november to wait for games to drop. i.e cod mw2
pimp.gif

wow come on, are times THAT hard, is it worth all this commotion? we are getting just a bit to silly to earn an extra buck
sick.gif

whatever happened to earning your money
tired.gif

i was going to do this but sounds too tedious... im just going to buy the games i really want which are uncharted 2 and 2k10 and madden... ill trade maddenwhen call of duty mw2 comes outs

Went to my local Best Buy & they priced match. Probably go back later this week to get that Uncharted & a few other ones. I need a new controller sowill probably take advantage of the accessories deal also.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I just called Best Buy in my area and they said that they will match the TRU deal...So I'm going tomorrow to hopefully get Uncharted 2,NBA 2K10 and Brutal Legend...
My local wal-mart matched it too for me. They did it for my friend but they gave him some trouble.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by budahbro

wow surprised that works... wouldn't they get suspicious when you ask for a gift receipt for only the two games you paid for....
only a matter of time before your local TRU spot gets blown up
^
laugh.gif
when i asked for only 2 gift receipts and i told the guy i was only gonna keep 2k10 he redid my check out so that 2k10 was the free game i got and gave me my gift receipts for the 2 placeholder games
laugh.gif

the guy was great, he knew exactly what i was doing.... he even asked me what games i was waiting for
roll.gif
Which store did you go to? The EG one sold out of everything I wanted. Bleh, it was closing too.
one in Roseville. they had a ton of 2k10s......... I've never been to a store and had a game sold out...

What if you bought 3 of the same game? Obviously returning 2 for gift receipts. Anyone try that? Obviously more sought after games would be hard to handle, buteither way the gift card is more important.

We in a recession dog

Yal are making it out like it's the hardest thing in the world to do

get your verbal game right head into TRU and do the damn thing

I've only spent 10 minutes in each TRU i went to and like I said maybe only got sweated like once or twice, but I played the situation

It's really easy and addicting just follow my guide step by step

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

pimp.gif

wow come on, are times THAT hard, is it worth all this commotion? we are getting just a bit to silly to earn an extra buck
sick.gif

whatever happened to earning your money
tired.gif

Relax its not the serious.. Dont knock the next person everyone in this thread is doing it. WHY WOULDN'T THEY BE. you sound like a mad hater.. probably thetype that got picked on in high school. Good luck for the rest of you guys out there. Learn from our mistakes lol

yea you guys sound desperate, probably aint got a job or on minimum wage
laugh.gif

edit: but 4real good luck but it aint worth the hassle imp

lol. shots fired w/ that min wage comment.. don't make me post pics of my car, crib.. and girl (while im at it).
in all seriousness.. if the opportunity comes.. why not take it?

Well I attempted and failed. The dude who rang me up scanned one of the games I wanted a gift reciept as the free game. Sucks...may try best buy tomorrowthough.

So, let me get this straight, so when you keep returning the 2 paid games, you get store credit, then buy 2 other games, get another 1 free. And repeat? whatwill you guys do with the store credit left over?

Also bestbuy is doing this also on accessories? explain
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom