Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees Series Thread (6/3 - 6/5)

pimp.gif
we have a better winning percentage than the Mets.

laugh.gif
Rivera only needed seven pitches to get through that 9th inning.

And please keep Dan Giese on this team. If he continues to pitch as well as he has in his two previous outings, this bullpen can definitely use him.

i liked what i saw today from joba. he was pretty solid IMO. he looked a lot better than hughes or kennedy this season. we should definitely keep geise around.good win today

I was in NY when Joba made his first start. He needs to continue being the setup man (word to Johnny Damon).

Remember when Mariano was setting up Wettland and was the next in line to close? Yeah, how did that work out for you guys?

Joba was the next in line. Until now. Lets see what happens, but so far Joba has been really unimpressive as a starter. (i know its early)

Originally Posted by dland24

I was in NY when Joba made his first start. He needs to continue being the setup man (word to Johnny Damon).

Remember when Mariano was setting up Wettland and was the next in line to close? Yeah, how did that work out for you guys?

Joba was the next in line. Until now. Lets see what happens, but so far Joba has been really unimpressive as a starter. (i know its early)

Naw, keep him as a starter. SP > RP..... (ESPECIALLY in the playoffs)

And he was better today & will continue to get better.... you have to remember he's making this transition during themiddle of the season, which makes it harder.

Originally Posted by dland24

From a blog I go to....

Here are the statistics for Joba Chamberlain since he came out of the set-up role:

Games: 4
Innings: 12
Hits: 9
Runs: 5
Earned runs: 3
Walks: 9
Strikeouts: 16
ERA: 2.25
Pitches: 243
Strikes: 143
Opposing BA: .200

Now obviously he needs to cut down on the walks and throw more strikes. But that will come as he learns the virtues of pacing himself. AsMike Mussina said the other day, a starter simply can't try to strike everybody out.

Why would you not want this guy to be a starter?

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I think he chipped a nail when he was too aggressive while nail-clipping.

Oh my lord...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

You made me spit my water all over the keyboard with that comment.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and that Sterling Shake is hilarious too
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Am I the only one following this game?

Mussina and Hochevar both pitched great games. Moose gave up a 2-run blast in the 7th but A-Rod answers right back with a 2-run A-bomb of his own.

2-2 now in the bottom of the 7th, 1 out

Michael K: "Mariano was very upset, you can see him pick up the rosen bag and think about slamming it back down on the ground, however, he remembered heis Mariano Rivera and placed it nicely back on the mound."

......then with men on second and third and 1 out, Kay wonders why they are walking a batter
to pitch to the next batter. Hmmmmm, it doesn't seem to make sense to him, but then after about 30 seconds he finally figures it out and says "well itdoes set up a double play".

sick.gif

He thought he could hit a grand-slam ground ball.

57e354a76337ccbe57428055682a5c2a1290abe.gif

We would have been screwed if this went to extra innings since we would've had no one left on the bench besides Shelley Duncan.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Melky can't take pitches?

smh.gif

Royals' closer was shaken up.

Seriously. Bailed him out.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
@ the Yankees

BACK to 500 once again, 32-32

Yankees can't sustain a nice streak for anything.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Michael K: "Mariano was very upset, you can see him pick up the rosen bag and think about slamming it back down on the ground, however, he remembered he is Mariano Rivera and placed it nicely back on the mound."

......then with men on second and third and 1 out, Kay wonders why they are walking a batter
to pitch to the next batter. Hmmmmm, it doesn't seem to make sense to him, but then after about 30 seconds he finally figures it out and says "well it does set up a double play".

sick.gif

John Sterling > *

That blown call on Melky killed us too in the 8th...

would have been 1st/2nd with NO outs
tired.gif
tired.gif

He was CLEARLY safe

^^ Yeah, that was a load of bull excrement.

Onto Oakland, where this team will most certainly continue to hover around .500.

indifferent.gif
if we finish 80-82 or 81-81.

Back
Top Bottom