Top Gear USA -vs- Top Gear BBC (original)

Nothing can beat the original but i like cars so i'll watch it. For those in the UK, how are you watching it?

Originally Posted by SuperDuperCudi

washanobotit wrote:
They don't seem to have any chemistry like the BBC version.

It was the first freaking episode, you idiot. No crap, three guys who just met a few months ago are going to have less chemistry than three that have known each other for 8 years. Have you ever watched the first few season of UK Top Gear? It was a lot worse than this.
How do you morons think it makes sense to compare US Season 1 to UK's Season 15?

Warned

washanobotit wrote:

It was the first freaking episode, you idiot. No crap, three guys who just met a few months ago are going to have less chemistry than three that have known each other for 8 years. Have you ever watched the first few season of UK Top Gear? It was a lot worse than this.
How do you morons think it makes sense to compare US Season 1 to UK's Season 15?

Warned

I thought they would have put their own little twist to it but it's basically a carbon copy minus the accent.

I also agree that the first episode was painful to watch, but I'll still tune in.

I thought they would have put their own little twist to it but it's basically a carbon copy minus the accent.

I also agree that the first episode was painful to watch, but I'll still tune in.

The show was okay.

...the first half of the show was bad especially the interview
indifferent.gif
but they did end it well with the Lambo run.

I was
roll.gif
when i saw the stig moving in the background

-Jay Leno should replace Rutledge

Ill still watch since Top gear UK is off the air at the moment

The show was okay.

...the first half of the show was bad especially the interview
indifferent.gif
but they did end it well with the Lambo run.

I was
roll.gif
when i saw the stig moving in the background

-Jay Leno should replace Rutledge

Ill still watch since Top gear UK is off the air at the moment

Its not going to compare to the original, so just enjoy the cars and ignore everything else.

Its not going to compare to the original, so just enjoy the cars and ignore everything else.

why are they even doing an american version of the show?
i'm sure just showing the original will get a lot viewers.

why are they even doing an american version of the show?
i'm sure just showing the original will get a lot viewers.

They really should take note on shows like entourage with regards to editin

And jokes....ppl think a show that fun to watch is so easy to produce...

Wrong.

They really should take note on shows like entourage with regards to editin

And jokes....ppl think a show that fun to watch is so easy to produce...

Wrong.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

usa version looks terrible.

it wasn't awful
grin.gif

i can see where they were lackin....da stig segment wasn't funny because of no radio....

some of da jokes were dryyyyyy........and some of da camera work was on a lil cheap (they use film extensively in da UK)

but imma give this show a chance....hell i like watchin fast cars.

Yeah i feel you on dat one

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

usa version looks terrible.

it wasn't awful
grin.gif

i can see where they were lackin....da stig segment wasn't funny because of no radio....

some of da jokes were dryyyyyy........and some of da camera work was on a lil cheap (they use film extensively in da UK)

but imma give this show a chance....hell i like watchin fast cars.

Yeah i feel you on dat one

washanobotit wrote:

Calm down.. Does your dad host or something?

washanobotit wrote:

Calm down.. Does your dad host or something?

washanobotit wrote:

hemad.jpg

washanobotit wrote:

hemad.jpg

just saw it online.
Definitely not as good as the British version.  But if you look at it as a regular car show, and not compare it to the british version its not too bad.  Though bearing the "top gear" title, we're expecting something much better. Some of the jokes are contrived too.  They just need to act more natural.

The Viper and Lambo scenes were nice though

If you look at the first couple seasons of the OG top gear, it wasn't as funny as the top gear we know now.  

just saw it online.
Definitely not as good as the British version.  But if you look at it as a regular car show, and not compare it to the british version its not too bad.  Though bearing the "top gear" title, we're expecting something much better. Some of the jokes are contrived too.  They just need to act more natural.

The Viper and Lambo scenes were nice though

If you look at the first couple seasons of the OG top gear, it wasn't as funny as the top gear we know now.  

If Adam Carolla's version of American Top Gear had made it to air, it'd crap on anything the Brits have. It was Carolla, Tanner Foust, and Eric Stromer (and Alonzo Boden was going to contribute as well). It could have been great.

If Adam Carolla's version of American Top Gear had made it to air, it'd crap on anything the Brits have. It was Carolla, Tanner Foust, and Eric Stromer (and Alonzo Boden was going to contribute as well). It could have been great.

Back
Top Bottom