Top 50 rap albums of the decade...(according to hip hop blog Passion of the Weiss)

Originally Posted by Dapper D

29. Wale - The Mixtape About Nothing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

35. Lil Wayne - The Carter III Not sure why this even made the list...I dont care how much it sold.

[h3]Top 50 rap albums of the decade[/h3]
16. Nas - Stillmatic
Should also be top 5

10. 50 Cent - GRODT
Should be top 5
7. Kanye West - Graduation
Not sure why this is 7th.

Where is Ready to Die,Only Built for a Cuban links,etc

!$$$ this list
laugh.gif

If your gonna put Wale's mixtape might as well throw Drake's "So Far Gone" mixtape on there
laugh.gif

tired.gif

^ yeah i had to go back and see if I saw the Cool ... SMH ...

I can't really rock w/ half this list ... I like the Clipse and all ... but really ?

Lost Tapes should be higher. Add God's Son.

- King + Trap Muzik

I could deal w/ the Minstrel Show in the mix too ...

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Looks like they just took all the popular mainstream and backpack choices and lumped them all onto one list.
Except a few ghostface pretty tony album. One of my favprite albums ever but def not mainstreem as far as mainstreem is concerned but yaotherwise it is for the most part with the exeption of a few

i think whoever made this list is off on their dates cus a lot of that music was made more than 10 years ago. besides that i actually dont have a big problemwith this list even tho its missing a few classics. Why no Gangstarr, 9th Wonder-Buckshot, Styles P, etc.. good list for the most part

He had the right idea... He just ****## up when he decided he was in a position to properly rank them... Prolly a fake *## student of hip hop...

I was happy to See:
Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
Aesop Rock - Labor Days
Reflection Eternal - Train Of Thought
The Game - The Documentary

Don't understand how ALL 3 of Ye's albums are in the top 20... Graduation @ 7?? Are you kidding me... The Carter III?? Really??

Would've liked to see
Diplomatic Immunity (or was it on there??)
Young Buck - Straight Outta Cashville
Mood Musik 2 or 3
NaS - Untitled
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Black Rob - Life Story
Beanie Sigel - The B Coming
Freeway - Philadelphia Freeway

There's certain people that listen to a MF Doom or El P album and hear genius... Then there's people that listen and hear noise... I'm part of the2nd group... Nothing either one of them touched belongs on this list (except Labor Days & Cold Vein)... Never cared to listen to The Streets... Always knewabout him tho... He just seemed like he sucks...

I didn't think the list was bad at all, music is a subjective thing and he hit most of the albums that should be on there.

-Jonathan Bradley, Feature Editor

50. Deltron 303 - Self-titled
49. Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor
48. DOOM - Born Like This
47. Cam'ron - Purple Haze

And this is where i realized the list would be bs. Really Purple Haze better than Food and Liquor?
eyes.gif
And Come Home With Me was better than Purple Haze. I agree with number 1tho
happy.gif

How the hell is Common's "Be" better than Like Water for Chocolate? Hes out of his damn mind. Once we all saw every Kanye album in the top 20,along with both clipse albums in the teens, we knew it was wrong.....period.

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

35. Lil Wayne - The Carter III Not sure why this even made the list...I dont care how much it sold.

[h3]Top 50 rap albums of the decade[/h3]
16. Nas - Stillmatic
Should also be top 5

10. 50 Cent - GRODT
Should be top 5
Not sure why this is 7th.

Where is Ready to Die,Only Built for a Cuban links,etc

!$$$ this list
laugh.gif

If your gonna put Wale's mixtape might as well throw Drake's "So Far Gone" mixtape on there
laugh.gif

tired.gif

?

Dapper D wrote:.
35. Lil Wayne - The Carter III

huh? Graduation at 7? that's his 3rd best album. other 2 quoted have NO business on that list. Carter 1 and 2 were 10X better than 3

I like King but Trap Muzik is way better.
indifferent.gif
@ Carter III and Wale's mixtape making the list.
No Thug Motivation 101? No Back For the First Time or Word of Mouf? No Country Grammar? No Face Off?

Back
Top Bottom