Top 10 MLB players of all time.

So im sitting in my cousins house in Hyde Park, Mass. Dude says Ricky Henderson is top 10 players of all time. I said dude is out of his mind, Ricky isn't even top 30. Co-Sign me.

So im sitting in my cousins house in Hyde Park, Mass. Dude says Ricky Henderson is top 10 players of all time. I said dude is out of his mind, Ricky isn't even top 30. Co-Sign me.

Greatest lead off hitter of all time is most definitely in the top 30. Ricky was so dynamic and electric for his teams.

Top 10:

Ted Williams
Joe DiMaggio
Mickey Mantle
Lou Gherig
Babe Ruth
Jimmy Foxx
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Pete Rose
Barry Bonds (roids or not, dude was too damn good to not be in the top 10)

Greatest lead off hitter of all time is most definitely in the top 30. Ricky was so dynamic and electric for his teams.

Top 10:

Ted Williams
Joe DiMaggio
Mickey Mantle
Lou Gherig
Babe Ruth
Jimmy Foxx
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Pete Rose

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Top 10:

Ted Williams
Joe DiMaggio
Mickey Mantle
Lou Gherig
Babe Ruth
Jimmy Foxx
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Pete Rose

Thank you sir. Ever after that there's Ken Griffey Jr, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, etc. And all of these names , other than Barry and Griffey Jr, never even came close to the 21st century. Albert Pujols and Joe Mauer will go down in history as much better players than Henderson, period.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Top 10:

Ted Williams
Joe DiMaggio
Mickey Mantle
Lou Gherig
Babe Ruth
Jimmy Foxx
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Pete Rose

Thank you sir. Ever after that there's Ken Griffey Jr, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, etc. And all of these names , other than Barry and Griffey Jr, never even came close to the 21st century. Albert Pujols and Joe Mauer will go down in history as much better players than Henderson, period.

co-sign...7 MVPs...including 4 straight...
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

sick.gif
sick.gif

straight filth.Henderson is the best baserunner of all time. Other than that, no.

sick.gif
sick.gif

straight filth.Henderson is the best baserunner of all time. Other than that, no.

More like Kent was given it for no reason.

No pitchers in the top 10? It's hard to do a list like this when all we can go by is stats.

More like Kent was given it for no reason.

No pitchers in the top 10? It's hard to do a list like this when all we can go by is stats.

rickey was the greatest leadoff hitter/baserunner of all time
as far as top 10 goes, i can't list an exact 10 but barry bonds is definetely in there

rickey was the greatest leadoff hitter/baserunner of all time
as far as top 10 goes, i can't list an exact 10 but barry bonds is definetely in there

Ricky is the greatest base stealer and greatest leadoff hitter of all time, but it is hard to know where to rank him...Not top 10.. If top 30 (hitters & pitchers) it would be toward the bottom of the 30.. But I'm not so sure he gets in there..To be safe he is top 50 no doubt to me..

As for Barry: top 20... Putting him top 10 doesn't sit right with me when if his stats had natural progression he would be sitting 150 homeruns less, 100's of walks less (Regular and Definitely IBB)...His On Base %, His Slugging %, His OPS, his batting average all would be heavily decreased... Without whatever substance he was on he wouldn't be top 10..

Ricky is the greatest base stealer and greatest leadoff hitter of all time, but it is hard to know where to rank him...Not top 10.. If top 30 (hitters & pitchers) it would be toward the bottom of the 30.. But I'm not so sure he gets in there..To be safe he is top 50 no doubt to me..

As for Barry: top 20... Putting him top 10 doesn't sit right with me when if his stats had natural progression he would be sitting 150 homeruns less, 100's of walks less (Regular and Definitely IBB)...His On Base %, His Slugging %, His OPS, his batting average all would be heavily decreased... Without whatever substance he was on he wouldn't be top 10..

In Bonds first 14 years he averaged a .288 BA./ .408 OBP./ .559 SLG. / .957 OPS./ 32HR's/ 92RBI's...That is not top 10...Good career numbers but not top 10.

I am to believe miraculous at 35 he hits a new career HR total of 49HR's... Then the next year hits 73...Then the 3 years after hits 45+... 5 years with 45+ and in his career just barely did it before then

At the end of his career he avg. a .298BA./ .444OBP./ .607SLG/ 1.051OPS 41hrs/year 108rbi's/year

His first 14 years he averaged a HR in 19.7ABs... To the next 5 years a HR in every 8.22ABs.. He somehow hits a hr from age 35-39 twice in the time it would take him to hit 1 from 21-34...

To be generous if you say he hits a HR in the same amount of at bats from age 21-34 when he is 35-39.. He only hits 108 HR's.... 150less than he actually got.. And that is generous with age the AB/HR would increase he'd probably be sitting at Mark McGwire Homerun total.. And that is nothing to frown at but that is insane.. 180 less than he is at now...

He hit 45 HR's in 373 AB's at age 39 he had the 5th best AB/HR ever... At age 36 he has the 1st best season AB/HR ratio.. Beating out McGwire by about .75 ABs/HR in 1998.. And we all know McGwire was on the PED's...

He would have never won those 4 straight MVP's..

It is 100% obvious he took steroids.. How are we to know he didn't take them in 1993-1999? and instead of 38 HR's a year he is 25 HR's a year his whole career..

He may not even be top 20.. As I previously claimed.

In Bonds first 14 years he averaged a .288 BA./ .408 OBP./ .559 SLG. / .957 OPS./ 32HR's/ 92RBI's...That is not top 10...Good career numbers but not top 10.

I am to believe miraculous at 35 he hits a new career HR total of 49HR's... Then the next year hits 73...Then the 3 years after hits 45+... 5 years with 45+ and in his career just barely did it before then

At the end of his career he avg. a .298BA./ .444OBP./ .607SLG/ 1.051OPS 41hrs/year 108rbi's/year

His first 14 years he averaged a HR in 19.7ABs... To the next 5 years a HR in every 8.22ABs.. He somehow hits a hr from age 35-39 twice in the time it would take him to hit 1 from 21-34...

To be generous if you say he hits a HR in the same amount of at bats from age 21-34 when he is 35-39.. He only hits 108 HR's.... 150less than he actually got.. And that is generous with age the AB/HR would increase he'd probably be sitting at Mark McGwire Homerun total.. And that is nothing to frown at but that is insane.. 180 less than he is at now...

He hit 45 HR's in 373 AB's at age 39 he had the 5th best AB/HR ever... At age 36 he has the 1st best season AB/HR ratio.. Beating out McGwire by about .75 ABs/HR in 1998.. And we all know McGwire was on the PED's...

He would have never won those 4 straight MVP's..

It is 100% obvious he took steroids.. How are we to know he didn't take them in 1993-1999? and instead of 38 HR's a year he is 25 HR's a year his whole career..

He may not even be top 20.. As I previously claimed.

Originally Posted by DMan14

sick.gif
sick.gif

should have had the mvp in 2000 also, but kent took it.
Should have won in 1991 too. Terry Pendleton robbed him
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom