Too Much Exercise Can Kill White Men, Scientists Find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't know about y'all but I'm over white comfort. Anything race related to white folks the conversation gets changed, while when it comes to us, no matter the issue, big or small there is in depth discussion with input from all types. I'm in no way racist, just over being told how, when and what to discuss when it comes to white people and race.

What are you talking about?

The alt-white thread the convo got changed?

The white supremacist thread it got changed?

This article is stupid, threads pointless. Whats to be gained by any discussion on this topic?

Even if so, minorities can't be racist. We can be prejudice or be racially stereotypical but not racist.

Nonetheless, the article is deeply flawed and has so many holes in its hypothesis and actual findings.

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I feel like these articles are flares to Spark up that fear of dwindling white superiority in America, and serve to enrage the "base" enough to try everything in there power to keep "control".
Let us not start the semantics game.

People using the fact minority groups don't have the collective power to sysemtically oppress white people as an excuse for them doing vile **** is said and done is a deflection.

Let us remember I was talking about someone making the argument of genetic inferiority. It is disgusting when people like Charles Murray try to argue minorities are interlectually inferior, and it would be disgusting if a minority did the same about white people's physical inferiority.

And please, a minority can definitely be racist. To other minorities (hell tons of help prop up the system of white male superiority) and too white people. Like I said they just don't have the collective power to sysemtically oppress other groups like is done to them.

Last edited:
Lol wut

So another minority calling me racial slurs isnt a racist?

**** outta here with that BS

Not coming at you. But the "ism" part is where being prejudiced and a racism differ.

ism
ˈizəm/
noun
informalderogatory
  1. a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.
    "of all the isms, fascism is the most repressive"
Black people aren't in control of any systems or mechanisms that keep non-black people from advancing in anything in this country. The words have become synonymous, but they have (until recently) different meanings. Prejudice is pre-judging and racism is a system based on prejudices. Black people can be prejudiced.

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I feel like these articles are flares to Spark up that fear of dwindling white superiority in America, and serve to enrage the "base" enough to try everything in there power to keep "control".

Agreed. The following is from Fox news.

Whites Genetically Weaker Than Blacks, Study Finds

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...cally-weaker-than-blacks-study-finds.amp.html

What are you talking about?

The alt-white thread the convo got changed?

The white supremacist thread it got changed?

This article is stupid, threads pointless. Whats to be gained by any discussion on this topic?

Yes, those two threads on NT (one very in your face) formed my world view on this. The point of a discussion is to discuss, you can refute, disagree, or even agree. I myself don't play the genetic superiority/ deficiency game, but let the discussion be had.

Also I guarantee you that a thread on the reverse went differently.

Not coming at you. But the "ism" part is where being prejudiced and a racism differ.

ism
ˈizəm/
noun
informalderogatory
  1. a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.
    "of all the isms, fascism is the most repressive"
Black people aren't in control of any systems or mechanisms that keep non-black people from advancing in anything in this country. The words have become synonymous, but they have (until recently) different meanings. Prejudice is pre-judging and racism is a system based on prejudices. Black people can be prejudiced.

I get it about minorities not being in control of any systems.

If i, a minority, come up to you, another minority, and start calling you the N word, wouldnt i be racist?

School me here if im missing something. Anytime anyone has made offensive comments to me about my race/ethnicity ive always thought of them as racist.

Yes, those two threads on NT (one very in your face) formed my world view on this. The point of a discussion is to discuss, you can refute, disagree, or even agree. I myself don't play the genetic superiority/ deficiency game, but let the discussion be had.

Also I guarantee you that a thread on the reverse went differently.

I agree with you about the whole genetic superiority /deficiency game, thats why I think the threads pointless, what else will be discussed? Also the article its based off of is stupid. Its got nothing to do with "white comfort"

I guess essentially my point, I remember having to engage and defend myself in these discussions back when I would. That i'm not inferior, crazy. White folks can do the same. *shrugs.

I guess essentially my point, I remember having to engage and defend myself in these discussions back when I would. That i'm not inferior, crazy. White folks can do the same. *shrugs.

I can respect this

That study is trash. Where is the mention of diet? That's going to be the largest factor.

I get it about minorities not being in control of any systems.

If i, a minority, come up to you, another minority, and start calling you the N word, wouldnt i be racist?

School me here if im missing something. Anytime anyone has made offensive comments to me about my race/ethnicity ive always thought of then as racist.

My response would be "I'm a ******? YOU'RE a ******!" Or something like that. But I feel you. The words prejudice and racist have become synonymous as I said.

Too Much Exercise Can Kill You - Especially If You're a White Man: Study Finds 7.5 Hours a Week of Fitness DOUBLES Your Risk of Heart Disease
318E121500000578-0-image-a-1_1456416905909.jpg

• Researchers in Chicago assessed exercise patterns over the course of 25 years
  • They found that very active white men are 86 percent more likely to experience a buildup of plaque in the heart arteries by middle age
  • This was not the case in black men, based on 3,175 participants
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4988992/Too-exercise-kill-white-man.html

Too much exercise can kill you, scientists have revealed.

White men who work out at least seven-and-a-half hours a week are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease than those who do a moderate amount, a new study shows.

Researchers in Chicago assessed exercise patterns over the course of 25 years and made the surprising discovery that very active white men are 86 percent more likely to experience a buildup of plaque in the heart arteries by middle age.

But this didn't apply to black men, they discovered.

456CCAA900000578-4988992-image-a-1_1508250116023.jpg

Researchers in Chicago assessed workouts over 25 years and found that white men who exercised at least seven-and-a-half hours a week are 86 percent more likely to experience a buildup of plaque in the arteries (file image)

It was suggested high levels of exercise over time caused stress on the arteries leading to higher coronary artery calcification - CAC.

However scientists warned people should not stop exercising.

The team from the University of Illinois at Chicago and Kaiser Permanente looked at the physical activity trajectories of 3,175 black and white participants in the longterm CARDIA study and assessed the presence of CAC.

The presence and amount of CAC, is a significant warning sign to doctors that a patient may be at risk for developing heart disease and a signal to consider early preventive care.

Dr Deepika Laddu, assistant professor of physical therapy in the UIC College of Applied Health Sciences, said: 'We expected to see that higher levels of physical activity over time would be associated with lower levels of CAC.'

However they found that at the top level of exercise, there was no extra risk for black men, but an 86 percent increased risk for white men.

Unique to the new study is the evaluation of long-term exercise patterns, from young adulthood into middle age.

The study group had eight follow-up examinations over 25 years, from 1985 through 2011, starting at age 18 to 30 and finishing at 43 to 55.

Researchers split participants into three distinct groups, based on physical activity patterns.

Group one was defined as exercising below the national guidelines of less than 150 minutes a week, group two as meeting the national guidelines of 150 minutes a week and group three was exercising three times above the national guidelines over 450 minutes a week.

Overall, those in group three were 27 percent more likely than those in group one to develop CAC by middle age.

When these findings were divided by race and gender, they found that white men were at the highest risk as they were 86 per cent more likely to have CAC.

There was no higher odds of CAC for black participants who exercised at this level, and while there was a similar trend for white women it was not statistically significant.

Prof Laddu added: 'Because the study results show a significantly different level of risk between black and white participants based on long-term exercise trajectories, the data provides rationale for further investigation, especially by race, into the other biological mechanisms for CAC risk in people with very high levels of physical activity,'

Study co-author Dr Jamal Rana, a cardiologist at Kaiser Permanente in Oakland said: 'High levels of exercise over time may cause stress on the arteries leading to higher CAC.

'However this plaque buildup may well be of the more stable kind, and thus less likely to rupture and causes heart attack, which was not evaluated in this study.'

However he added: 'It does not suggest that anyone should stop exercising.'

The findings are published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

Too Much Exercise Can Kill You - Especially If You're a White Man: Study Finds 7.5 Hours a Week of Fitness DOUBLES Your Risk of Heart Disease
318E121500000578-0-image-a-1_1456416905909.jpg

• Researchers in Chicago assessed exercise patterns over the course of 25 years
  • They found that very active white men are 86 percent more likely to experience a buildup of plaque in the heart arteries by middle age
  • This was not the case in black men, based on 3,175 participants
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4988992/Too-exercise-kill-white-man.html

Ssshhhhhh!!!!
Let them exercise :pimp:

They say:

Exercising will kill you; exercising will keep you in shape
Smoking will give you cancer; smoking can help prevent dementia
Drinking will kill you; moderate drinking can keep your heart healthy.

So basically scientist don't know what the hell does what, because they forgot that everyone's body isn't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom