Tony Parker is the third best PG in basketball.

Spurs are my least favorite team, but he is definitely the tim duncan of point guards: game is boring, but undeniably effective. Don't know if i'd puthim in my top 5, but he's surely top 10. The fact that he's surrounded by one of the game's best PF slong with the 'best' flopper takespressure off of him.

Shooting:8
Court Vision/ Passing: 7
Speed/ Quickness: 9
Basketball IQ: 8
Ball Handling: 8
Aggressiveness: 7

Third best? Who's better? IMO, he is the best. Its very close between him and Paul but Parker is the one with the rings. And he's gonna get another onethis year. I always thought he was solid but he didn't have the jumper. Now he's developed a jumper. If i'm the league i'd fear the Spurs. Howdo you guard TP when he can blow past you and you gotta play him for the jumper?

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Third best? Who's better? IMO, he is the best. Its very close between him and Paul but Parker is the one with the rings. And he's gonna get another one this year. I always thought he was solid but he didn't have the jumper. Now he's developed a jumper. If i'm the league i'd fear the Spurs. How do you guard TP when he can blow past you and you gotta play him for the jumper?

Sorry sir, Chris Paul is the best PG in the league and its not even close right now

But you get a pass for saying that because I remember you said your from Texas
laugh.gif

smh at the hype beasts coming in here reppin Harris> parker

1. parker has rings harris doesnt yet
2. parker has a finals mvp harris doesnt

Out of respect for devin harris lets wait and see if he is a playoff performer or not before passing judgement on whether he is better than tony parker. Cantbelieve the lack of hoops knowledge on this board sometimes

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Third best? Who's better? IMO, he is the best. Its very close between him and Paul but Parker is the one with the rings. And he's gonna get another one this year. I always thought he was solid but he didn't have the jumper. Now he's developed a jumper. If i'm the league i'd fear the Spurs. How do you guard TP when he can blow past you and you gotta play him for the jumper?

Sorry sir, Chris Paul is the best PG in the league and its not even close right now

But you get a pass for saying that because I remember you said your from Texas
laugh.gif

Well aight right now what can you say Chris Paul does better than TP? I'd say his vision is better. Defending wise they're both a wash even though Ithink Paul probably leads the league in steals due to gambling in the passing lanes. As far as attacking the basket goes you gotta give it to TP. Mid rangejumper is about a wash. Paul is the more consistent long range shooter. I think though with CP you could build a team around him. With TP I wouldn't butyou give me a solid cat next to him give me TP over any pg in the league.

And I don't know why cats bringin' up Devin. Don't get me wrong NETS committed robbery against the Mavs on that deal. Ridiculous. But the Mavs bitthe bait on that deal and when Kidd is retired they'll feel the effects of it. But give Devin some time before we consider him as a elite pg. I don'teven really consider him a pg.

I'm even gassed that Jalen Rose said that all-around Paul and D-Will are better
They are better.

To all the folks that keep talking rings Parker does play with one of the BEST players in NBA history and has had a GREAT team around him for the titles. Youcan't put his team in the conversation when you talk about Best PG. When you talk best PG you basically say if they all had the same team and the onlyplayer you could swap out was the PG who is the best? I think Tony would be 3rd out of those guys.

Originally Posted by JStar25

I'm even gassed that Jalen Rose said that all-around Paul and D-Will are better
They are better.

To all the folks that keep talking rings Parker does play with one of the BEST players in NBA history and has had a GREAT team around him for the titles. You can't put his team in the conversation when you talk about Best PG. When you talk best PG you basically say if they all had the same team and the only player you could swap out was the PG who is the best? I think Tony would be 3rd out of those guys.

Yea but you can't penalize TP for that. Do you penalize Troy Aikman for playing with one of the best receivers in the game of all time and one of the bestbacks of all time? I just think you can't penalize a guy for who he plays with. Actually I give him credit because he plays alongside Ginobilli and Duncanwho demand the ball themselves. CP and Deron demand the ball more than any player on their teams.

I'll put Parker 3rd. It sure as hell ain't Nash anymore. And for those sayign he rode Duncan, there is a lot fo skill in knowing how to be a 2nd orr3rd option. B Diddy doesn't know how to be one, but he isn't good enough to carry a team himself. Therefore TP>Diddy.

Yea but you can't penalize TP for that. Do you penalize Troy Aikman for playing with one of the best receivers in the game of all time and one of the best backs of all time? I just think you can't penalize a guy for who he plays with. Actually I give him credit because he plays alongside Ginobilli and Duncan who demand the ball themselves. CP and Deron demand the ball more than any player on their teams.
I hear that... I wasn't particularly trying to penalize Parker, after reading my post I can clearly see where people would think that, my badon that one.

Let's say you have to put the BEST 5 men on the court from current players in the league. Who is your PG? That's more or less what I was thinking...

hella naw, he might be the fastest pg right now. but, his overall game he is 6th. If Timmy D wasn't on his team, he be having a hard time trying to leadhis team to the playoff. And Manu takes some pressure of him too.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

I think you could put any one of those point guards you mentioned with Tim Duncan and they would have won some rings too

well then that negates Nash, so that leaves CP3 and DW.

top 3 as mentioned.

I think the argument about TD is overrated. Take a look at Nash last year or even this year, he has Shaq and Stat as well as a decent supporting cast yet theSuns remain without a ring. Also, TP has proven to win games when TD or Manu have been out due to injuries. If the same argument holds about having a goodsupporting cast + a superstar next to you, then both Nash and Billups should win a ring this year. Yet, we all know that both of these teams do not have achance winning a ring due to having to face teams like New Orleans/Lakers/Spurs/Boston/ Rockets? Anyway, I agree with the OP and Parker should be within theTOP 3 point guards of the league.

^ Nash is good, but it ain't like people wasn't saying he was overrated.

and I wont even get into this argument. This whole TP having hardware thing just amazes me when people bring that argument into play. this will not get meanywhere, so I'll just
smh.gif

and while Devin Harris isn't as good as TP, I think he definitely will be. and for the record...man F it, last time I made a post on this I got flamed soI'll let it go
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

smh at the hype beasts coming in here reppin Harris> parker

1. parker has rings harris doesnt yet
2. parker has a finals mvp harris doesnt

Out of respect for devin harris lets wait and see if he is a playoff performer or not before passing judgement on whether he is better than tony parker. Cant believe the lack of hoops knowledge on this board sometimes
I agree 100%

right now:

1. paul
2. tp
3. nash

paul is a given.

tony always has great first half seasons scoring the ball. it'll curb eventually but he shoul still finish with 18-19 ppg.

tp is one of the few players that are actually straight up unstoppable on court when he gets it going. his speed ans quickness are just too much for anydefender in the L.

nash is still averaging 8 ast in an anti-nash offense with fatass mcgee constantly plugging up the paint. and as always he's ridiculously efficientshooting the ball.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

right now:

1. paul
2. tp
3. nash

paul is a given.

tony always has great first half seasons scoring the ball. it'll curb eventually but he shoul still finish with 18-19 ppg.

tp is one of the few players that are actually straight up unstoppable on court when he gets it going. his speed ans quickness are just too much for any defender in the L.

nash is still averaging 8 ast in an anti-nash offense with fatass mcgee constantly plugging up the paint. and as always he's ridiculously efficient shooting the ball.
jazz-spurs-g5-tn-4587-791697.jpg

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^ currently shooting the ball like it's a cinder block with a jelly center.
so what, he's hands down better than TP.

dude has TP as the 2nd best PG in the league
laugh.gif
. yall dudes is somewave-riders for real

probably is....i cant stand dude though
laugh.gif

every time he goes to the basket im wanting him to get murked.....but he always pulls some crazy layup out of his $#@. dude can finish for a peon
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom