TOM BRADY SHOULD NOT BE M.V.P!!

the only thing the pats are doing for me this year is making me feel like less of a douche when i drop 50 points in my madden season every game ... itsactually had to keep up with the pats O on madden lol ... but forreal, if i was the rest of the league I would just declare this season for naught and play aseperate playoffs without the pats ... give them a seperate ceremony and everything ... give the whole team the MVP and a pat on the back

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

TOM BRADY SHOULD NOT BE M.V.P!!

That's actually the best argument you could make for him not being the MVP. Type it in capital letters with an exclamation mark and hope that some idiot listens to you.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Tom most likely will not share this award, even though the addition of Moss has proven to be genius.

The Pats without Moss would lose to Dallas, Pittsburgh, Indy, Greenbay, and possible one other team in the L.

The Colts would've won the game by 2 TDs at least without Moss.

If you don't see that, then you're crazy.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Before everyone starts killing me here. he does deserve to win the mvp, just not the only one. I think him and moss should both win! Co- MVPs! There is no argument you can make that Brady would be having this type of season without moss. He would put up pretty good numbers but not like this. By seasons end moss will have anywhere between 20-25 tds that would damn near 50% of bradys tds. Put it to you this way, if Brady had a NT account he would make a Randy Moss appreciation post every damn week.

The only person that should be challenging Brady for MVP is Brett Favre...

Plain and simple, MVP is the most valuable to your tea, there is no question that if Favre was not with the Packers they would be nowhere near 9-1 and same tobe said with Brady on the Patriots.

Randy Moss is not making the Patriots good. Randy Moss cannot make any team good... only better. No question he is helping Brady and the Pats but he should notbe MVP because he is not the one making the Pats good just better. You cant put Randy Moss on a bad team and have him make them good. A la his days in Oakland.If you have the Patriots without Brady, you got a maybe .500 team, without Moss they could still potentially be 10-0 or whatever but just not as dominant.

I agree that Moss should be in consideration for the Co-MVP. However, Brady doesn't just pass the ball to him, he distributes it amongst all of thereceiving threats. And when the pocket somehow collapses, he's able to make the right decision every time that otherwise may cause his team a significantloss of yardage. That's if it does collapse. His offensive line does so damn much for that team, it's crazy. One can make an argument that any lowertier receiver can get the job done just as Moss has done week in and week out with the time Brady is given. But, what remains true and doesn't depend on"what ifs," is that Moss is doing it. He is attracting at least two backs and a safely every play to open up receiving lanes for those otherreceivers and still manages to have 16 touchdowns through sixteen games.

But as mentioned, the offensive line protects Brady from every defender out for his head. Why should they get the MVP? What about the Defense? They keep theiropponents to a low scoring average and also facilitate the offense by allowing them time back on the field.

Should we start passing out the MVP award to everyone that makes a viable impact on the team? No, we shouldn't. An argument can made for the o-line toBrady to Moss to the defense. As long as someone from this historic team wins is all that matters.

Also, Favre is having an amazing year for the Packers, but he's overshadowed by New England. Yes, if he was not on the team, they would not be 9-1 rightnow. That is very evident. But what's more evident is that the Patriots are making history. Brett Favre understands that we all can't win.

The Pats without Moss would lose to Dallas, Pittsburgh, Indy, Greenbay, and possible one other team in the L.
And where would the Pats be with Cassel throwing to Moss? Not close to 10-0.

The funny thing is, without Moss, the Pats are probably still at least 9-1. When you beat teams by 35 points, you can take away a star WR and still win thegame. Stallworth and Welker are enough for Brady to win. He's not like Manning, who morphs into an average QB when his buddy Marvin misses a few games.

Stallworth and Welker > Moorehead and Gonzalez.

Injuries took away way more than Marvin, man.

Stallworth and Welker > Moorehead and Gonzalez.
^ Stallworth and Welker > Wayne, Morehead, and Gonz???? Prolly not...But Brady makes them better. Just like he turned Deion Branch into asuperbowl MVP. Where is Deion now, anyway?

If you have the Patriots without Brady, you got a maybe .500 team, without Moss they could still potentially be 10-0 or whatever but just not as dominant
It really depends on the Qb. I f you have someone that don't make mistakes and is willing to put his ego aside, the Pats will always begood.Tom Brady is a system QB meaning he's nothing without BB. Its the scheme not him, if you ever watch a pats game you see that he is always throwing towide open receivers. He never has to make that great throw. Even before this year it was like that.And if he does have to make that great pass he throws apick. If you put Tom Brady anywhere else but New England he would be no more than a average QB.

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

If you have the Patriots without Brady, you got a maybe .500 team, without Moss they could still potentially be 10-0 or whatever but just not as dominant
It really depends on the Qb. I f you have someone that don't make mistakes and is willing to put his ego aside, the Pats will always be good.Tom Brady is a system QB meaning he's nothing without BB. Its the scheme not him, if you ever watch a pats game you see that he is always throwing to wide open receivers. He never has to make that great throw. Even before this year it was like that.And if he does have to make that great pass he throws a pick. If you put Tom Brady anywhere else but New England he would be no more than a average QB.

In the pathetic name of S4L, LOL.

The man has done everything exactly the way your supposed to do it as an NFL QB and does not only have 1, not 2, but 3 Superbowls and STILL there's idiotsout there saying he's an "average" quarterback. now THAT is funny. Get a grip on reality, buddy. Obviously you're a fan of the ********,but it's really quite comical to hear Tom Brady is an "average" quarterback after he has completely destroyed the league for the last 7 years. The only two that are even close are HALL OF FAME quarterbacks (manning/favre). Where do you get off saying something like that? It's just completelyretarded at this point...surely you're only making an!%%$ of yourself.

Tom Brady has never made a great throw?? Get the **** out of here with that ****, you call yourself a football fan??

and I HATE the Pats...smh

Originally Posted by Stoker55

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

It really depends on the Qb. I f you have someone that don't make mistakes and is willing to put his ego aside, the Pats will always be good.Tom Brady is a system QB meaning he's nothing without BB. Its the scheme not him, if you ever watch a pats game you see that he is always throwing to wide open receivers. He never has to make that great throw. Even before this year it was like that.And if he does have to make that great pass he throws a pick. If you put Tom Brady anywhere else but New England he would be no more than a average QB.

In the pathetic name of S4L, LOL.

The man has done everything exactly the way your supposed to do it as an NFL QB and does not only have 1, not 2, but 3 Superbowls and STILL there's idiots out there saying he's an "average" quarterback. now THAT is funny. Get a grip on reality, buddy. Obviously you're a fan of the ********, but it's really quite comical to hear Tom Brady is an "average" quarterback after he has completely destroyed the league for the last 7 years. The only two that are even close are HALL OF FAME quarterbacks (manning/favre). Where do you get off saying something like that? It's just completely ******ed at this point...surely you're only making an!%%$ of yourself.

Tom Brady has never made a great throw?? Get the **** out of here with that ****, you call yourself a football fan??

and I HATE the Pats...smh

Ist what does me being a skins fan have to do with anything. And how many Pats games have you watched before this year. He does nothing special. He throwsto people who are wide open. Any average Qb could do that. Give me Brees, Palmer, Mcnabb, hell even Romo in the Pats would be doing the exact same thing. Butif you Brady on them teams and they might be .500. I watch Pat games because my brother is a fan so I've seen all the superbowls and playoff games andseason games. And for them to mention him with the likes of Elway, Marino, Montana, Manning, is a joke. His kicker had to come and save his butt all the timethats how they won games before. They would have been went 16-0 if Peyton was the QB of that team. The only reason people put Brady so high is because of hisrings. Well if it wasn't for Vinatari and that defense he wouldn't have one. Hell against the raiders the refs made a rule up on the spot. I stilldon't know how they did that.He is a product of great coaching. Even Bledsoe came in for brady and help the Pats win a playoff game. He's Average lookat his numbers before this year they are numbers of an average Qb. He can thank Moss for this season, Because he would never have these numbers if itwasn't for him. How many MVPs he got.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

And where would the Pats be with Cassel throwing to Moss? Not close to 10-0.

The funny thing is, without Moss, the Pats are probably still at least 9-1. When you beat teams by 35 points, you can take away a star WR and still win the game. Stallworth and Welker are enough for Brady to win. He's not like Manning, who morphs into an average QB when his buddy Marvin misses a few games.

But Moss opens up a lot of space, I'm not saying Moss for MVP, but I can't see the Pats being better than a 12-4 team at the end of the regularseason without him. In the playoffs I have no doubt Moss will win them the Super Bowl... that's if the Packers don't make it there of course
laugh.gif

On the other hand, we haven't seen the rest of the team given a shot without Moss. For all we know Maroney would be
pimp.gif
I don't doubt it with that offensive line. Draws ALL DAY.

Favre and Brady for MVP (It is going to happen, just like when Favre didn't deserve it but still shared it with Sanders)

i personally think Favre should win MVP with the type of season hes having but Brady is having probably the best NFL season hes ever had so it'll be close. The only thing that pisses me off (kinda offtopic but watever) is how everyone says that hes never had good receivers before this season and he carried histeam by himself. Hes always had good help maybe not the greatest but enough to be a contender for the Superbowl last year and win 3 Superbowls before that.

With that being said these are my main MVP nominations:
1.Favre
2. Brady
3. Moss

Randy Moss is the reason that Tom Brady is having this kind of year. Randy Moss requires so much attention from the opposing defense that it gives so manyother players room to move around and even when he is doubled teamed he seems to come down with the ball. Wes Welker would never have this kind of year ifRandy Moss was not on the Patriots. Not trying to say that Welker is not a hell of player but hes even better when hes on the same side as Randy Moss. I thinkthat it should be a co mvp because they are both having an amazing year.

A lot of you have great points and all...but it still comes down to who is more valuable to the Patriots. Moss def. does open up the field for Wes. And Mossdoes go up and catch EVERYTHING that comes his way. But can the Pats win without Moss? Undefeated? Prolly not. But they can win and go pretty far into theplayoffs without Moss. Can the Pats win without Brady? Prolly not. Theres a reason wideouts rarely win the award.

I wouldnt mind co-MVP's...but I think Brady def. deserves it if its only going to one person.

EDIT: Favre should def be up for consideration when you take into account what hes done with that offense in GB

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

A lot of you have great points and all...but it still comes down to who is more valuable to the Patriots. Moss def. does open up the field for Wes. And Moss does go up and catch EVERYTHING that comes his way. But can the Pats win without Moss? Undefeated? Prolly not. But they can win and go pretty far into the playoffs without Moss. Can the Pats win without Brady? Prolly not. Theres a reason wideouts rarely win the award.

I wouldnt mind co-MVP's...but I think Brady def. deserves it if its only going to one person.

EDIT: Favre should def be up for consideration when you take into account what hes done with that offense in GB

At the end of the day, the Press will agree with you and either Favre or Brady will get it. Favre might get it if a) Brady doesn't break the touchdowns ina season record b) If Favre leads the Packers to the Superbowl c) If Packers go 15-1 d) If Brady gets a disease from smashin' all those broads.
sick.gif

Really though, I think that might affect his votes. Ditching the pregnant chick for Gisele is
pimp.gif
but I don't think the press agrees.

To the dude who said Favre has always had good receivers

indifferent.gif

That is like saying Brady had elite receivers last year
roll.gif
You rememberBill Schroeder? Robert Ferguson (I'll admit he was good for a couple of years)? The list goes on and on. All of those players were pretty much scrubs ontheir own, but Favre delivers passes where you catch them just to not get hit by them and risk fractures. QB's like Brady, Favre, and maybe Peyton (Idon't remember him playing well without Harrison) just require receivers who can catch in traffic, because they're so good it's only a matter ofcatching the ball. We're witnessing this year what happens when you combine an elite receiver with an elite QB.

maybe Peyton (I don't remember him playing well without Harrison)
^ thank you

Yeah Favre really has had squat to work with the past couple of years. He hasnt had an elite corp since the days of Brooks and Freeman in the 90s.
Brett's been doing an amazing job considering the talent around him.

Just give me a healthy Colts vs. a healthy Pats, that's all I ask.

Then we'll see who wins and who would really be most valuable.

Btw

Manning and Moss > Brady and Moss
Manning and TO > Brady and TO
Manning and Marvin > Brady and anyone, ever.

Manning and Moss > Brady and Moss
Manning and TO > Brady and TO
Manning and Marvin > Brady and anyone, ever.
laugh.gif
....the score is 3-1 Brady right now

And I've never seen Manning and Marvin do what Brady and Moss are doing...so you have no arguement

BTW...you do realize Peyton can't fuction without Marvin...so maybe Marvin is the MVP of the soft little team from Indy

Back
Top Bottom