TOM BRADY SHOULD NOT BE M.V.P!!

Before everyone starts killing me here. he does deserve to win the mvp, just not the only one. I think him and moss should both win! Co- MVPs! There is noargument you can make that Brady would be having this type of season without moss. He would put up pretty good numbers but not like this. By seasons end mosswill have anywhere between 20-25 tds that would damn near 50% of bradys tds. Put it to you this way, if Brady had a NT account he would make a Randy Mossappreciation post every damn week.

While Tom Brady was still winning games and going to the playoffs....Randy Moss was an afterthought in the league the past 2 years.

Brady is MVP hands down....yes Randy is great, but he has more to be thankful for in this situation than Brady

There is no argument you can make that Brady would be having this type of season without moss.

he may not have had the stats, but Brady was still winning without Moss

the real MVP of the Pats is their offensive line, but Tom Brady does an amazing job and gets the shine so he is MVP of the league

yeah Brady will be the first to admit:

his o-line > his wr's > himself

but even knowing that, i think Brady is the MVP. bottomline: the pats can win without moss, they cant win without Brady. without moss, the pats possibly loseto the colts this year and thats it.

I agree he was winning games, but not by 50 every damn week! Tom brady always gets credit for making other guys better. How come moss doesnt get some creditfor making brady better. i know brady was a great quarterback without moss, but now hes damn near unstoppable. i do agree that there O line is amazing! Bradyis more protected than the damn president!

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

yeah Brady will be the first to admit:

his o-line > his wr's > himself

but even knowing that, i think Brady is the MVP. bottomline: the pats can win without moss, they cant win without Brady. without moss, the pats possibly lose to the colts this year and thats it.

Agreed.

But how often does a WR get the MVP.

Brady and Moss do make each other better; but the QB will always get more of the credit. That is always the case man.

I agree he was winning games, but not by 50 every damn week!

it doesn't matter how much you are winning by, it is winning that counts.
brady and his o-line are the ones winning games, Moss is just blowing them wide open.

and Jerry Rice had some AMAZING individual seasons, but Young and Montana were winning the MVPs. however Rice still won NFL Offensive Player of the Year awardsfor all those MVP years of his QBs, so that is the precedent established and how this year should be done also.

Brady = MVP. Moss = NFL OPOY

His WR's > Him???

He was a play being made away from a SB last year with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and others...

^^ I dont see whats wrong with being Co- mvps! If moss wasnt on the Pats right now tom brady would be CONSIDERED for mvp! Now WITH moss hes a damn near lock!! IF moss wasnt on the pats they would be CONSIDERED one of the best teams but with moss they ARE THE BEST!

if there ever was a year to award co-mvp's this is it.

i truthfully think that moss is THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the nfl though and he should win it outright.

obviously i'm slightly bias, but come on. he deserves it if/when he breaks rice's single season touchdown record. no other player in the league has animpact on the game like moss.

If moss wasnt on the Pats right now tom brady would be CONSIDERED for mvp!

yeah, brady is considered for MVP every year.

and if the Pats were 10-0 without Moss that would make brady even more of a lock

MOSS SINGLE HANDEDLY prolonged the career of RANDALL CUNNINGHAM ( he was about 87 years old at the time), he made Culpepper one of the best qb's and howhas he been since? He has turned brady from a guy who you can game plan against into a guy who makes you burn your @+@$#%# dfensive playbook after a game.

He was a play being made away from a SB last year with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and others...
nah all i meant was that Brady would make that claim. he's the first to give credit to others on the team.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

if there ever was a year to award co-mvp's this is it.

i truthfully think that moss is THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the nfl though and he should win it outright.

obviously i'm slightly bias, but come on. he deserves it if/when he breaks rice's single season touchdown record. no other player in the league has an impact on the game like moss.

youve already professed your manlove for moss, hes not the MVP

co-MVPs will not come from the same team.

favre and barry sanders have already done this, for those of you who dont know

Here are some stats! in '06- they scored over 38 pts 3 times all season, in '07- 7 already! In '06- The pats scored 20 or less 7 times, in'07-0! In '06- they lost to the COLTS, BRONCOS, JETS, and DOLPHINS! 07- have beaten all of those teams with the excetption of the broncos only becuzthey havent played them.

Here are some stats! in '06- they scored over 38 pts 3 times all season, in '07- 7 already! In '06- The pats scored 20 or less 7 times, in '07-0! In '06- they lost to the COLTS, BRONCOS, JETS, and DOLPHINS! 07- have beaten all of those teams with the excetption of the broncos only becuz they havent played them.
^ yeah Moss is great and all....and he's def a reason we've been able to score so much. but still, Brady is the dude getting him the ball,and hes the dude getting Wes Welker (career td total prior to this season: 1) 7 tds as well. Like I said before, at the end of the day, you have to ask, who ismore important to the Patriots success? Anyone saying Moss is a damn fool. You think Matt Cassel is going to throw 16 td's to Moss? You think Matt Casselis going to make Wes Welker look like a pro-bowler (another arguement for a different thread)? Wes Welker had 1 career TD coming into this season, and Bradyhas thrown him 7 TD passes in half a season.

Brady and Moss both make each other better players. Hell, together, they've both become the best at their position for this season. BUT...who is morevaluable to the Patriot's success? It's Brady. Winning by 35 points isn't as important is as just getting W's. Brady gets you W's...Mossgets you 35 point victories.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

TOM BRADY SHOULD NOT BE M.V.P!!

That's actually the best argument you could make for him not being the MVP. Type it in capital letters with an exclamation mark and hope that some idiotlistens to you.

Any qb with time to throw can get Randy Moss the ball. For all the people that brings up Moss in oakland can You answer a few questions for me? How good wasthe offensive line? did they allow the qb enough time to throw deep? It wasn't Moss fault he didn't do good in Oakland them dudes suck they didn'thave an Oline Then and they don't have one now. And when all the coach is doing is sending him deep what can he do? BB is the first coach to actually besmart enough to send Moss acroos the middle. Ya'll act like he sucked or lost his skill in Oakland. They just wasn't using him right. They should be comvp's look at Brady stats before this year and look at them now. Moss is the reason for all these tds he's throwing if you don't think you yourcrazy.

some of yall are downplayig brady's talent.
dude is coooooooold. yes he has a lot of help...but the qb is the most important position and brady is killing all competition.

Brady has never had a guy that he can damn near close his eyes for, throw the ball up to, and come down with it! you think jabbar gaffney woulda made those twocatches for tds against the dolphins when guys were damn near molesting moss! %+%% NO! what aboout against the bengals when hes damn near jumping on top of adefender and making the grab in the end zone. You guys are downplaying the ability of moss and what he does for the team more than Im saying of brady. I neversaid brady wasnt a great qb and didnt deserve the mvp, im saying he is amazing now with moss and they should share the mvp.

i hate tom brady but he has to be the frontrunner obviously..but that o-line just gives him all day to throw..only the Colts were able to muster a pass-rushwhich is why they almost beat them (and should have)

Randy Moss is this good and he has always been this good (except those years in Oakland when he didnt care)

Brady on the other hand is playing outside of himself. Brady is great but he isnt this great in fact no QB ever has been. Tom Brady is completeing 74% of hispasses his career high before that was 63%. Aside from the touchdown passes I would consider Moss's ROOKIE season on par with if not better then thisseason. He averaged 19 YARDS PER CATCH that is unreal.

just for reference with almost exactly the same amount of catches (69 vs 66) here is Moss' prodcution from his rookie year vs this season
[table][tr][td]69[/td] [td]1313[/td] [td]82.1[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]66[/td] [td]1052[/td] [td]105.2[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][/table]

So I dont see how people can say that Moss is benefiting from Brady as much as Brady and the other WR's are from Moss.

just remember that Brady is playing better than any QB in history with Moss. Moss is having a great year no doubt but nothing he hasnt done before relativelyspeaking.

With that said.

Moss will never win the MVP over Brady.

Back
Top Bottom