TOILET THOUGHTS

Well, this is a couch, n I get that. But this is a love seat, does that mean I have to be in love to sit on it?

Well, this is a couch, n I get that. But this is a love seat, does that mean I have to be in love to sit on it?
Yo what movie did I hear this in
roll.gif

Wen you drink alcohol or get wasted...are you just borrowing happiness from tomorrow?

What was tommys job in Martin?

Son had to be slangin. He stay gettin fresh

Last edited:
Yea tommy sold drugs.

He was the only one who had a pager.
And u notice how wen he got a page he always had to leave.

One episode he pulled out a wad of cash to pay for a pizza.
They said he worked at "a building downtown wit no windows or signd on it"

traphouse

Last edited:
Yea tommy sold drugs.

He was the only one who had a pager.
And u notice how wen he got a page he always had to leave.

One episode he pulled out a wad of cash to pay for a pizza.
They said he worked at "a building downtown wit no windows or signd on it"

traphouse
but if he did sell why didnt he have a car? He always caught a ride with cole or pam...hell even shenaneh a few times.

^^^^^naaw they thought he was but it was a charity fashion show lol.

I think he was involved in a lil bit of everything.

Like wen they went skiing and at da end he told dat white girl "youre gonna work for me"

And also he also played tommy smalls in harlem nights...no job hustler ...coulda been a continuation of dat character.

Cant explain the car tho

Last edited:
I hate the way they portrayed Tommy as DD. Take the most refined, sophisticated and well to do character on the show and allude to him being a DD. :smh:

When I was younger it didn't bother me, but Martin is based around and reinforces SOOOO many negative black stereotypes.

I hate the way they portrayed Tommy as DD. Take the most refined, sophisticated and well to do character on the show and allude to him being a DD. :smh:

When I was younger it didn't bother me, but Martin is based around and reinforces SOOOO many negative black stereotypes.
It does but I assume it was deemed acceptable because it's a comedy....that's one of the few times stereotypes are pretty much accepted, a "lighthearted" spin on a usually negative topic. I didn't realize it myself until I got older also.

Last edited:

It does but I assume it was deemed acceptable because it's a comedy....that's one of the few times stereotypes are pretty much accepted, a "lighthearted" spin on a usually negative topic. I didn't realize it myself until I got older also.

Right... but its not just Tommy... it's pretty much every character in the show.

All the characters Martin played on the show were racist depictions

Jerome the Pimp

Roscoe the bad *** little kid

Bob the redneck

King Beef the shucker and jiver

Shanaynay the ratchet with the cartoonishly large butt

Im sure we all remember the episode where martin blows all his money on some Jordan Xs

I used to love the show, but as I grew older I realized that it does nothing but paint an ugly caricature of black culture in America.

Heres a good read if you get a chance:

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/15/arts/television-black-life-on-tv-realism-or-stereotypes.html

Right... but its not just Tommy... it's pretty much every character in the show.

All the characters Martin played on the show were racist depictions

Jerome the Pimp

Roscoe the bad *** little kid

Bob the redneck

King Beef the shucker and jiver

Shanaynay the ratchet with the cartoonishly large butt

Im sure we all remember the episode where martin blows all his money on some Jordan Xs

I used to love the show, but as I grew older I realized that it does nothing but paint an ugly caricature of black culture in America.

Heres a good read if you get a chance:

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/15/arts/television-black-life-on-tv-realism-or-stereotypes.html

Good read. I definitely see where your coming from and for the most part I agree. And the shows that are in the complete opposite direction or find a good middle ground are few and far in-between. I'd kill to see a modern day show similar to "A Different World" or "The Cosby Show". Most black sitcoms today are Tyler Perry creations which isn't really my thing.

Back
Top Bottom