Today is national Tequila day

Originally Posted by ikari XD

I'll go ahead and give some shine to Corralejo, Arette and Siete Leguas. If someone was putting you onto Patron before 2002, that would be Siete Leguas. Arette is the well at Tres Agaves in SF, and to have a well that tastes better than Patron is too @@@$*#* good. Corralejo is my personal favorite. Easy to find, the Blanco is good and relatively cheap.

As for cocktails, I love a solid margarita, but the El Diablo is probably one of the best cocktails I've ever had.

Last year, I was really going deep with Tequila tasting, probably hit more than 15 different kinds, though I'm sure there are a couple of posters who far outweigh my experience with it.
Corralejo is VERY underrated , how I forgot to list it I can't understand.

That @*+% is delicious

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Cazadores & Don Julio > Patron

get familiar after you gather the strength to hop off your favorite rappers tip

images
images

you should give this a try its real good sheesh try all 3

get familiar after you gather the strength to hop off your favorite rappers tip

images
images

you should give this a try its real good sheesh try all 3

Tequila is one of the few types of liquor I dont have a favorite brand of. Ive only tried Jose Cuervo and Patron. Patron seems very overrated and wayyy overpriced.

Other than those mentioned what else does NT suggest? How is 1800?

Tequila is one of the few types of liquor I dont have a favorite brand of. Ive only tried Jose Cuervo and Patron. Patron seems very overrated and wayyy overpriced.

Other than those mentioned what else does NT suggest? How is 1800?

Del Dueño Añejo is a really good tequila as well.  I still see this every now and then, but I'm under the impression that they may not be restocking this.  If you see this laying around, get it!

Del Dueño Añejo is a really good tequila as well.  I still see this every now and then, but I'm under the impression that they may not be restocking this.  If you see this laying around, get it!

if u guys ever see this try it 1 of the best i ever had,, so smooth,, u can taste vanilla and carmel notes in this
Adan%20y%20Evan%20Reposado.JPG

if u guys ever see this try it 1 of the best i ever had,, so smooth,, u can taste vanilla and carmel notes in this
Adan%20y%20Evan%20Reposado.JPG

I'll go ahead and give some shine to Corralejo, Arette and Siete Leguas. If someone was putting you onto Patron before 2002, that would be Siete Leguas. Arette is the well at Tres Agaves in SF, and to have a well that tastes better than Patron is too @@@$*#* good. Corralejo is my personal favorite. Easy to find, the Blanco is good and relatively cheap.

As for cocktails, I love a solid margarita, but the El Diablo is probably one of the best cocktails I've ever had.

Last year, I was really going deep with Tequila tasting, probably hit more than 15 different kinds, though I'm sure there are a couple of posters who far outweigh my experience with it.

That @*+% is delicious
Truth. First time I had it was the first time I understood how much of a waste that training wheels were
laugh.gif
. They have handles of the Repo at Costco for 50, but I can't bring myself to get it since most of the people that would be drinking at my place don't enjoy tequila.

Here's a protip for those unsure if they should bother with a tequila. At the very least, if it doesn't specifically state "made from 100% blue agave," don't drink it. You will not feel good afterwards. You will not feel good in the morning. Especially Cuervo. That Cuervo gold has a bunch of additives like caramel that increase the likelihood if a hangover. Kirkland has a decent 100% blue agave Anejo for 25ish for 1L if you're on a budget.

That @*+% is delicious
Truth. First time I had it was the first time I understood how much of a waste that training wheels were
laugh.gif
. They have handles of the Repo at Costco for 50, but I can't bring myself to get it since most of the people that would be drinking at my place don't enjoy tequila.

Here's a protip for those unsure if they should bother with a tequila. At the very least, if it doesn't specifically state "made from 100% blue agave," don't drink it. You will not feel good afterwards. You will not feel good in the morning. Especially Cuervo. That Cuervo gold has a bunch of additives like caramel that increase the likelihood if a hangover. Kirkland has a decent 100% blue agave Anejo for 25ish for 1L if you're on a budget.

Originally Posted by JD214

I've never tried Don Julio, But Cazadores is
pimp.gif
>>>

Just got these imported from Mexico.

http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/JD903/?action=view&current=DSC01290.jpg
smokin.gif

You're a real Mexican if you've had salt shakers made out of the plastic tops at least once in your life
laugh.gif

Ikari school me on that kirkland, I always see it when I go to costco and have wanted to try it every time.

Originally Posted by JD214

I've never tried Don Julio, But Cazadores is
pimp.gif
>>>

Just got these imported from Mexico.

http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/JD903/?action=view&current=DSC01290.jpg
smokin.gif

You're a real Mexican if you've had salt shakers made out of the plastic tops at least once in your life
laugh.gif

Ikari school me on that kirkland, I always see it when I go to costco and have wanted to try it every time.

^ its a pretty basic anejo. pretty rich flavor, not the most smooth anejo youll find, but its good for the price. ive only had it as shots so i dont have too vast of an idea with the actual tasting notes, though i didnt find it particularly smoky or anything. i picked up my bottle during the before 4th of july sale so it was only $20. well worth it for 1L
laugh.gif

^ its a pretty basic anejo. pretty rich flavor, not the most smooth anejo youll find, but its good for the price. ive only had it as shots so i dont have too vast of an idea with the actual tasting notes, though i didnt find it particularly smoky or anything. i picked up my bottle during the before 4th of july sale so it was only $20. well worth it for 1L
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not sure but I think the bottle from the US has a different taste.

That's why most people that drink Cazadores just get them imported.

laugh.gif

I'm not sure but I think the bottle from the US has a different taste.

That's why most people that drink Cazadores just get them imported.

Back
Top Bottom