Today is national Tequila day

OH YEAH!

There is so much to celebrate, from the Eagle's "Tequila Sunrise" to belly shots to lost weekends. To help you celebrate, we asked a bartender at the tequila bar Barrio about the Top 5 bottles the restaurant serves most, along with a few other agave-juice facts. We're also passing along the Top 5 tequilas from Tequila.net, home to super tequila geeks.http://
Eduardo, the bartender at Barrio Tequila Bar in Minneapolis , serves more than 100 kinds of tequila. He answered a few of our tequila-related questions:

What is the most popular tequila at Barrio?
That would be between Maestro Dobel, Milagro, Cazadores, Hussong's, and 1942 Don Julio.

What should a person look for in a tequila?
It depends on your taste--some taste peppery, like chocolate, or cocoa. It is all about what you like.

What is the most popular mixed drink you serve with tequila?
Enter the Dragon, made with passion fruit, muddled pepper, and cava.

For true connoisseurs, we thought we'd also pass along the Top 5 tequilas from the editors of Tequila.net, with their comments:
1. 1921Tequila Reserva Especial100% blue agave, limited production, estate-grown agave from the highlands of Jalisco. Hand crafted, copper distilled, and aged between 9 and 14 months. Aged in American oak barrels, perfectly toasted, and used only five times.
2. Casa Noble Single Barrel Añejo
Single-barreled tequila produced in a limited number, aged in French white oak barrels that are slightly charred, and aged for five years.

3. Muchote Tequila Reposado
Made from hand-selected 100% blue Tequilana Weber agave, grown in the fields of Don Feliciano Vivanco, a third-generation agave farmer. Aged in charred American bourbon casks for at least seven months.

4. Riazul Tequila Anejo
100% agave, extensively aged in European white oak barrels. .

5. Don Pilar Tequila Anejo
100% blue agave harvested at peak maturity, fermented with Champagne yeast, and improved with the assistance of baroque music during the 200-hour fermentation process. Double distilled in stainless steel pot stills, aged in lightly toasted American White Oak barrels for a minimum of 12 months.

OH YEAH!

There is so much to celebrate, from the Eagle's "Tequila Sunrise" to belly shots to lost weekends. To help you celebrate, we asked a bartender at the tequila bar Barrio about the Top 5 bottles the restaurant serves most, along with a few other agave-juice facts. We're also passing along the Top 5 tequilas from Tequila.net, home to super tequila geeks.http://
Eduardo, the bartender at Barrio Tequila Bar in Minneapolis , serves more than 100 kinds of tequila. He answered a few of our tequila-related questions:

What is the most popular tequila at Barrio?
That would be between Maestro Dobel, Milagro, Cazadores, Hussong's, and 1942 Don Julio.

What should a person look for in a tequila?
It depends on your taste--some taste peppery, like chocolate, or cocoa. It is all about what you like.

What is the most popular mixed drink you serve with tequila?
Enter the Dragon, made with passion fruit, muddled pepper, and cava.

For true connoisseurs, we thought we'd also pass along the Top 5 tequilas from the editors of Tequila.net, with their comments:
1. 1921Tequila Reserva Especial100% blue agave, limited production, estate-grown agave from the highlands of Jalisco. Hand crafted, copper distilled, and aged between 9 and 14 months. Aged in American oak barrels, perfectly toasted, and used only five times.
2. Casa Noble Single Barrel Añejo
Single-barreled tequila produced in a limited number, aged in French white oak barrels that are slightly charred, and aged for five years.

3. Muchote Tequila Reposado
Made from hand-selected 100% blue Tequilana Weber agave, grown in the fields of Don Feliciano Vivanco, a third-generation agave farmer. Aged in charred American bourbon casks for at least seven months.

4. Riazul Tequila Anejo
100% agave, extensively aged in European white oak barrels. .

5. Don Pilar Tequila Anejo
100% blue agave harvested at peak maturity, fermented with Champagne yeast, and improved with the assistance of baroque music during the 200-hour fermentation process. Double distilled in stainless steel pot stills, aged in lightly toasted American White Oak barrels for a minimum of 12 months.

Tequilla gives me a horrible hangover. Actually any dark liquor really messes with me....so no reason to celebrate. Dah well...

Tequilla gives me a horrible hangover. Actually any dark liquor really messes with me....so no reason to celebrate. Dah well...

Cazadores & Don Julio > Patron

get familiar after you gather the strength to hop off your favorite rappers tip

Damn... still feeling the tequila from yesterday.
Don't even wanna hear that word.

Damn... still feeling the tequila from yesterday.
Don't even wanna hear that word.

intro.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

This. I'm so glad I didn't drink yesterday. I'm fully ready for debauchery tonight
pimp.gif

This. I'm so glad I didn't drink yesterday. I'm fully ready for debauchery tonight
pimp.gif

This is exactly what I tell people.

This is exactly what I tell people.

Espolón Añejo and Casa Noble Single Barrel Añejo are my personal favorites.  Patrón is straight
sick.gif
.  Don't believe the hype.

Espolón Añejo and Casa Noble Single Barrel Añejo are my personal favorites.  Patrón is straight
sick.gif
.  Don't believe the hype.

I'll go ahead and give some shine to Corralejo, Arette and Siete Leguas. If someone was putting you onto Patron before 2002, that would be Siete Leguas. Arette is the well at Tres Agaves in SF, and to have a well that tastes better than Patron is too @@@$*#* good. Corralejo is my personal favorite. Easy to find, the Blanco is good and relatively cheap.

As for cocktails, I love a solid margarita, but the El Diablo is probably one of the best cocktails I've ever had.

Last year, I was really going deep with Tequila tasting, probably hit more than 15 different kinds, though I'm sure there are a couple of posters who far outweigh my experience with it.

I'll go ahead and give some shine to Corralejo, Arette and Siete Leguas. If someone was putting you onto Patron before 2002, that would be Siete Leguas. Arette is the well at Tres Agaves in SF, and to have a well that tastes better than Patron is too @@@$*#* good. Corralejo is my personal favorite. Easy to find, the Blanco is good and relatively cheap.

As for cocktails, I love a solid margarita, but the El Diablo is probably one of the best cocktails I've ever had.

Last year, I was really going deep with Tequila tasting, probably hit more than 15 different kinds, though I'm sure there are a couple of posters who far outweigh my experience with it.

I can't believe no one is hyped for this magical day that honors the liquid that makes the most panties drop. Shame on you NT, for shame.

Drinking Tequila right now. 6:18 west coast. 3 parties to go. It's gonna be a long one. Let's gooo!

I can't believe no one is hyped for this magical day that honors the liquid that makes the most panties drop. Shame on you NT, for shame.

Drinking Tequila right now. 6:18 west coast. 3 parties to go. It's gonna be a long one. Let's gooo!

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Corralejo is VERY underrated , how I forgot to list it I can't understand.

That @*+% is delicious

Back
Top Bottom