Today Aaliyah died 8 years ago 1/16/79 - 8/25/01 RIP

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This was a crazy period for me.. Pops died on August 5th 2001, Aaliyah died twoweeks later, then 9/11 happened[/color]
smh.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by gabbyflo

So beautiful.

She was my favorite singer when I was in elemntary school. I remember trying to emulate her dance moves on "Are You That Somebody" and wanting to dress just like her, with the whole tank top and baggy jeans.

what girl didn't want to be her??

i wish her style would come back in style...was so hot
pimp.gif
Let's do it .

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

nah...it just looks gay now...wouldn't attract nothing but the female basketball team...lol
im sure it will be back in still give or take 3 or 4 years when 90's retro comes into play
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Originally Posted by JRose5

Aw man, I can't really believe it's been that long.

On another note,
smh.gif
on the day she died or the day afterwards,
smh.gif
at someone on NikeTalk creating screen names like AaliyahisburntBBQ or AaliyahisDead

Originally Posted by Nash

It's too bad really, what a waste
tired.gif
What do you mean what a waste? It's not like she meant to die.
smh.gif

JR5

this reminds me when star from the star and buckwild show on hot 97 tried to spoof the whole plane crash thing on air. boy did jay go in on them.
smh.gif
I was just gonna post this...Miss Jones had just returned after she took a brief hiatus from the show (I think) and once Star played a sound clipof a plane crashing with people screaming, she stormed out of the studio.

I was listening live as this happened ... was this the incident that got Star fired from Hot 97?

On another note,
smh.gif
smh.gif
at someone on NikeTalk creating screen names like AaliyahisburntBBQ or AaliyahisDead.

tired.gif
smh.gif

JR5

Of course not. But it's a waste of talent, for her to die so early.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

On another note,
smh.gif
smh.gif
at someone on NikeTalk creating screen names like AaliyahisburntBBQ or AaliyahisDead

tired.gif
smh.gif

JR5

this reminds me when star from the star and buckwild show on hot 97 tried to spoof the whole plane crash thing on air. boy did jay go in on them.
smh.gif
I was just gonna post this...Miss Jones had just returned after she took a brief hiatus from the show (I think) and once Star played a sound clip of a plane crashing with people screaming, she stormed out of the studio.

I was listening live as this happened ... was this the incident that got Star fired from Hot 97?

im not sure if it was just this incident that got him fired, but im sure if it wasnt it was def the icing on the cake. he was constantly out of line. it wasfunny most of the time but when he did this i think everyone in the tristate area wanted to kill him.

If she was with us today no doubt she'll almost be at icon status.

One of my favorite singers of all time. I was 11 at the time.

R.I.P. Aaliyah we still love you!

Damn..i still remember when it came on the news that night, i was hella sad
RIP, so beautiful and so young
tired.gif

I was in 10th grade on an airplane coming back from my summer vacation when the news broke. Wow time flew . I remember when the movie Romeo must die came out,all the black chick was going wild for Jet li

still remember that day it was like my first couple of days using the internet for the first time ever and it was on the AOL front page, I turned on BET andwas stunned

beautiful girl with immense talent.

it happened the same day i started my freshmen year of university. won't forget it.

On another note,
smh.gif
smh.gif

tired.gif
smh.gif

JR5

smh.gif

speaking of which theres some hot97 tapes that are so deeply hidden or probably dont exist anymore of styles p and the lox going in on aaliyah, and I know fora fact I remember styles p said something like "just another *!+*@ dead in a rocawear suit" or some crap, it was so foul

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

On another note,
smh.gif
smh.gif

tired.gif
smh.gif

JR5

smh.gif

speaking of which theres some hot97 tapes that are so deeply hidden or probably dont exist anymore of styles p and the lox going in on aaliyah, and I know for a fact I remember styles p said something like "just another *!+*@ dead in a rocawear suit" or some crap, it was so foul

damn styles p is ruthless. i didnt know about this. was it recorded before her death then hidden after or was it like a post death diss?

Back
Top Bottom