To the guys who have high standards when it comes to women...

I'm proud to be light skin =/= light skin people are better

Ignorant =/= false

Whether it SHOULD is different from whether it DOES matter to women, to society.

Whats said solution? Pass some type of colorism law? "The gov hereby declares no one can ever say they are proud of their lighter skin, $100 fine and up to a year in jail" I mean, we already have a civil rights laws, a 1983 claim covers color discrimination, so what more do you want? There are issues which can be solved, such as criminal justice system and education. And honestly, tall dark dudes get mad yambs, tall Jamican looking cats be walking round with them damn accents got these womenz forgetting about light skin brothas with the wavy hair...pisses me off sometimes

Skin is different than height, the difference in skin tone is completely superficial, but still very real, while height is an actual physical advantage in life, like thats damn near plain as the nose on ones face, being tall means you can reach higher, see over more things, see further, hell, it even helps in something as mundane as walking (longer stride = less energy expended), being to tall is also a thing, but most people would rather be to tall than too short, in 2014 height isn't as big of a deal as it once was....but overall, taller people are seen as as more attractive

Sidenote: would love how my morals would offend Huey, Freedom, black unity, war if necessary, death if necessary, I'm also Riley, big *** and gold chains, proud of my black skin, proud of my black culture...either way if you agree with everything any one person believes, you are sure to hold some false beliefs, so no I don't agree with everythign he believes but I want to know how my core beliefs don't mesh with Hueys' core beliefs, at least to the point where I shouldn't have him as my avy, Huey's solutions are to boring for me, I'd vote for them as a tandum ..or is it just one of those things NT says because...

Long story short #teamlightskin #team6+

I'll assume he's in law school to be a prosecutor, cause there's no way someone can constantly post a bunch of aimlessly convoluted verbiage masked as something legit and be going into any other area.

As I always say...saying "your wrong" means nothing, tell me why I'm wrong...I'm open to discussion, but nah, I get a bunch of bs "you're stupid" it's like when I used to work with kids, they'd get into something , can't figure out why they are actually against what happened, so they say "well you're stupid" years of working with children has taught me that is the last refuge of the ill thought out response.

And that post had every ounce of condescension you read it with.

As I always say...saying "your wrong" means nothing, tell me why I'm wrong...I'm open to discussion, but nah, I get a bunch of bs "you're stupid" it's like when I used to work with kids, they'd get into something , can't figure out why they are actually against what happened, so they say "well you're stupid" years of working with children has taught me that is the last refuge of the ill thought out response.

And that post had every ounce of condescension you read it with.

What ..

He does have some intelligent and insightful posts but they're so few in number and posted so far apart that he gets zero credit for them.

The Brandon Jennings of efficiency

lolpistons.gif

Physical attraction and height does make sense, that's not so much my issue. I hear bring to the table i'm thinking something sustainable and valuable to the relationship even 30 yrs later. You're still tall, muscular and handsome and she still drools, and you can still throw her around, yeah. I can't see her going "welp, he still light-skinneded"

I agree with that.

But skin color is intertwined with attractiveness for a lot of people

It doesn't make that thought process any less ignorant.

People recognizing that a certain feature is valued in society doesn't mean they're ignorant even if the reason that feature is valued is.

If a poster said "I'm a 6'4 white lawyer from old money" as what he brings to the table I would not be offended or think his thought process is ignorant. He's just cognizant of his advantages.

Y'all taking about a smash and dash or a wife? When it comes to a one night stand it's 100% physical and superficial.

Y'all are overthinking a simple question.

People recognizing that a certain feature is valued in society doesn't mean they're ignorant even if the reason that feature is valued is.

If a poster said "I'm a 6'4 white lawyer from old money" as what he brings to the table I would not be offended or think his thought process is ignorant. He's just cognizant of his advantages.

Its as if we force people to recognize their advantage as it negatively affecting others, but if they recognize it as it positively affecting themselves

6'4 white lawyers have every advantage because they are 6'4 white lawyers.

I'm a 6'4 white lawyer who has an advantage because I'm a 6'4 white lawyer.

You're a a jerk.

Same sentence, different voice = injustice.

I understand where the line of thought can become dangerous, but the thought, in and of itself, is relatively innocuous and, in many instances, should be encouraged, highlight your advantages, promote your good qualities (the qualities society as a whole have deemed to be 'good' whether actually good or superficially good).

Physical attraction and height does make sense, that's not so much my issue. I hear bring to the table i'm thinking something sustainable and valuable to the relationship even 30 yrs later. You're still tall, muscular and handsome and she still drools, and you can still throw her around, yeah. I can't see her going "welp, he still light-skinneded"

I agree with that.

If you agree with the ignorant reason that the feature such as white skin is valued, that does make you ignorant. These responses are worded as if the posters are in agreement with ignorance.

Y'all taking about a smash and dash or a wife? When it comes to a one night stand it's 100% physical and superficial.

Y'all are overthinking a simple question.
This thread had so much potential but became a train wreck since people can't control themselves :smh: :lol: and I think this thread talks about for the long term rather than short term but I could be wrong

I agree with that.

If you agree with the ignorant reason that the feature such as white skin is valued, that does make you ignorant. These responses are worded as if the posters are in agreement with ignorance.

I don't agree with it but still recognize it

i knew it popped off in here when i saw the thread was started yesterday and it was 8 pages lol

Oh OK, that's him. S'all good, I wish you guys the best. My home girl Adele bout to come through anyways.

Back
Top Bottom