To Double or NOT To Double

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

I double up on my grails... cause I know I'm gonna rock them over and over.. nothing like a polo tee and cargos or Levis and some fresh Jays to casually wear..

That's all you'll see me in.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jsallday

i usually buy two when there are limited releases like XIs the motorsport VIs etc ... I usually sell a pair of sneakers and end up getting a pair of sneakers for free
pimp.gif

ThisAlthough I have been known ro keep some of my doubles.... I usually flip the worn pair for retail or close to it years later n basically have a ds pair to rock

Originally Posted by jsallday

i usually buy two when there are limited releases like XIs the motorsport VIs etc ... I usually sell a pair of sneakers and end up getting a pair of sneakers for free
pimp.gif

ThisAlthough I have been known ro keep some of my doubles.... I usually flip the worn pair for retail or close to it years later n basically have a ds pair to rock

I think people double up for two reasons:
1. liking a CW way too much: I love all the 12s and black cement 3s so I'd probably double up on those depending on the funds and availability.
a white red OG 1 is double up worthy too. I'm also thinking about tripling up on the del sol kobe 6s just because I love balling in them and they
look fantastic.

2. greed and leverage: people usually double up on very limited CWs that release to trade for equally valuable kicks or sell for profit...

I don't see any other reason apart from these 2... Personally I only follow reason number 1. I get kicks that I absolutely love and ensure that I
get to wear them 10 years from now.

I think people double up for two reasons:
1. liking a CW way too much: I love all the 12s and black cement 3s so I'd probably double up on those depending on the funds and availability.
a white red OG 1 is double up worthy too. I'm also thinking about tripling up on the del sol kobe 6s just because I love balling in them and they
look fantastic.

2. greed and leverage: people usually double up on very limited CWs that release to trade for equally valuable kicks or sell for profit...

I don't see any other reason apart from these 2... Personally I only follow reason number 1. I get kicks that I absolutely love and ensure that I
get to wear them 10 years from now.

I find myself doubling up on sneakers I really like even if I have to pay retail. I'm no longer doing that anymore unless it's a very limited release or on a discount. Nike release so many gr pairs that it's no need to double up anymore. Plus they are dropping retro+ like it's going out of style and the retail price is getting bumped up by the yr. Most of the sneakers I doubled up on in past 3 yrs can still find a yr later for just a few dollars over retail being resold. Only GR i regret not buying more of in the past 4 yrs were Aqua 8s.

I find myself doubling up on sneakers I really like even if I have to pay retail. I'm no longer doing that anymore unless it's a very limited release or on a discount. Nike release so many gr pairs that it's no need to double up anymore. Plus they are dropping retro+ like it's going out of style and the retail price is getting bumped up by the yr. Most of the sneakers I doubled up on in past 3 yrs can still find a yr later for just a few dollars over retail being resold. Only GR i regret not buying more of in the past 4 yrs were Aqua 8s.

Depends on funds at the particular moment. But usually its when I don't have to pay retail and when the particular model really gets my juices going.

Depends on funds at the particular moment. But usually its when I don't have to pay retail and when the particular model really gets my juices going.

I'm an old school Air Jordan fan who grew up in the OG era where doubling up and retros weren't even a factor in the game. Everything that dropped was for the first time and the prices were so high to the average consumer that having a pair of Jordans was a luxury in itself and buying 2 pairs would've been insane.
laugh.gif
That being said, I buy one pair and keep 'em clean.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I'm an old school Air Jordan fan who grew up in the OG era where doubling up and retros weren't even a factor in the game. Everything that dropped was for the first time and the prices were so high to the average consumer that having a pair of Jordans was a luxury in itself and buying 2 pairs would've been insane.
laugh.gif
That being said, I buy one pair and keep 'em clean.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

i double on all shoes, except my favorites which i triple up. I got 3 of them cement 3s. I love threes and expect to get 3 tb3s and black cement 3s, but i never flip. I keep all of them. Thinking about getting 5 tb3s so i could trade 2 of them for fire reds + cash...

i double on all shoes, except my favorites which i triple up. I got 3 of them cement 3s. I love threes and expect to get 3 tb3s and black cement 3s, but i never flip. I keep all of them. Thinking about getting 5 tb3s so i could trade 2 of them for fire reds + cash...

i rock my shoes so i never double up because 300 is to much on the same shoes,with that money you can buy a different pair

i rock my shoes so i never double up because 300 is to much on the same shoes,with that money you can buy a different pair

If it is a shoe, that I know I will want another pair once they get beat... then I double up

simple really

Back
Top Bottom