To all the upcoming College students.. LIVE IT UP

Live it up kids. The real world sucks. With summer IB internships, you have college life to look forward to in the fall. Once you start working FT, the finish line is awfully far away.

Live it up kids. The real world sucks. With summer IB internships, you have college life to look forward to in the fall. Once you start working FT, the finish line is awfully far away.

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by hymen man

It's my last semester and all I can say is.. Community college sucked.
frown.gif

can you describe you experience?
nerd.gif

Community college is like a half way housebetween high school and college. On one hand you have people there trying toimprove their grades so they can transfer to a four year, some are trying to savemoney before they go to a four year, and other are going for their AS degree(so they can become a cop or firefighter or an nurse (LN)) or AAS degree. Onthe other hand, you have hood rats that wear their clubbing gear to school, andare looking to be saved or knock up. In addition, you have hoodlums who arethere just to holler females. The hood rats and hoodlum normally drop out orget kick out due to poor grades. Community college is also plague with singlemothers and old people who are students, like 60 and up.
In addition, there is a small college vibe on campus; it disappearsright when you exit the campus.

Bonus: a picture of Bronx community college hood rats' Mass:
sw3g3b.jpg

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by hymen man

It's my last semester and all I can say is.. Community college sucked.
frown.gif

can you describe you experience?
nerd.gif

Community college is like a half way housebetween high school and college. On one hand you have people there trying toimprove their grades so they can transfer to a four year, some are trying to savemoney before they go to a four year, and other are going for their AS degree(so they can become a cop or firefighter or an nurse (LN)) or AAS degree. Onthe other hand, you have hood rats that wear their clubbing gear to school, andare looking to be saved or knock up. In addition, you have hoodlums who arethere just to holler females. The hood rats and hoodlum normally drop out orget kick out due to poor grades. Community college is also plague with singlemothers and old people who are students, like 60 and up.
In addition, there is a small college vibe on campus; it disappearsright when you exit the campus.

Bonus: a picture of Bronx community college hood rats' Mass:
sw3g3b.jpg

Well said Durden7! 

Work hard because this will get your foot in the door somewhere after, but don't forget to have fun too.  Years of college are years you can never re-live or buy back.  Kind of depressing but most will be working a 9-5 or some other 8 hour shift job for a good part if not the rest of their/your lives.

Enjoy college. 

I personally had two years of CC and then transferred away and I thought two years away was perfect.  To the NT'er who is living at home... Stay on campus and join clubs, do activities, join intramurals, and all that jazz.  Good way to meet people.   

Well said Durden7! 

Work hard because this will get your foot in the door somewhere after, but don't forget to have fun too.  Years of college are years you can never re-live or buy back.  Kind of depressing but most will be working a 9-5 or some other 8 hour shift job for a good part if not the rest of their/your lives.

Enjoy college. 

I personally had two years of CC and then transferred away and I thought two years away was perfect.  To the NT'er who is living at home... Stay on campus and join clubs, do activities, join intramurals, and all that jazz.  Good way to meet people.   

I love college, but I hate being broke. I have so many friends doing bigger and better things...traveling to Europe, getting dream jobs, etc...

I know my time will come and I don't want to rush my time in school...twilight zone

I love college, but I hate being broke. I have so many friends doing bigger and better things...traveling to Europe, getting dream jobs, etc...

I know my time will come and I don't want to rush my time in school...twilight zone

Whatever you do, do it to the fullest, just don't do stupid things that can jeopardize your future. Join clubs or pledge or inter murals...just anything other than going to class.

As far as community college is concerned, I went that route. It sucked, but I stayed focus and tried to socialize as much as I could. I ended up becoming good friends with others who I found out that we transferred to the same college later on.

Do you, get the the most out of college.

My biggest regret was not studying abroad...I wish I could have, but I (or my parents) did not have enough money for me study/travel. If you have the opportunity to, do it.

Whatever you do, do it to the fullest, just don't do stupid things that can jeopardize your future. Join clubs or pledge or inter murals...just anything other than going to class.

As far as community college is concerned, I went that route. It sucked, but I stayed focus and tried to socialize as much as I could. I ended up becoming good friends with others who I found out that we transferred to the same college later on.

Do you, get the the most out of college.

My biggest regret was not studying abroad...I wish I could have, but I (or my parents) did not have enough money for me study/travel. If you have the opportunity to, do it.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Those 4 years of my life were the worst, couldnt wait to be done with school, one of the happiest day of my life was graduation day, walkin up and gettin that diploma i could have cried tears of joy, graduated on saturday, on the earliest flight on sunday back home.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Those 4 years of my life were the worst, couldnt wait to be done with school, one of the happiest day of my life was graduation day, walkin up and gettin that diploma i could have cried tears of joy, graduated on saturday, on the earliest flight on sunday back home.
laugh.gif

Work for 4 years, party the rest of your life. Party for 4 years, work for the rest of your life. Don't forget to balance it out.

Work for 4 years, party the rest of your life. Party for 4 years, work for the rest of your life. Don't forget to balance it out.

I think if you get the right job, in the right city, making good money, you can have just as much fun in the real world as you do in college. But most people don't end up in that situation, therefore college ends up being the best time of their life.

Back
Top Bottom