tj maxx has cashmere ralph lauren sweaters for 99.99.......good cop?? 0_o

edword

Banned
i saw some cashmere sweaters at tj maxx on clearance for 99.99 the retail tags said 449.99 ....obvious steal..............right
nerd.gif
????

and since we are on a role here...has anyone ever had any luck switching clearance stickers in tj maxx
smile.gif

I think it's a good deal, if you were looking into buying one, not just get one cause of the price. Make sure you try it on and take a close look for any imperfections, cause sometimes not all clothing there may fit the way they're suppose to.

As far as tag switching, it can be done but i wouldn't recommend it the stickers tend to rip easily, more trouble than its worth unless you can maneuver the entire tag off of one piece and put it on another without making it obvious lol

TJ Maxx & Marshalls around my way stay having decent amount of Ralph Lauren.

Nothing spectacular, but the prices are
pimp.gif

Most regular polos are around $24.99.

Sweaters 34.99.

Originally Posted by el cuco

I think it's a good deal, if you were looking into buying one, not just get one cause of the price. Make sure you try it on and take a close look for any imperfections, cause sometimes not all clothing there may fit the way they're suppose to.

As far as tag switching, it can be done but i wouldn't recommend it the stickers tend to rip easily, more trouble than its worth unless you can maneuver the entire tag off of one piece and put it on another without making it obvious lol

yeah i dont make a habbit of it but the cashiers there dont really pay much attention , i just make sure its a sweater tag with a sweater tag and get the colors right cause thats usually all that shows..and yeah havent tried it on but will make sure i do

Wow a sweater for $100 being a good deal? I would never. So I say hell no.

Name brand matters that much?

Originally Posted by EdWord

and since we are on a role here...has anyone ever had any luck switching clearance stickers in tj maxx
smile.gif
I do it all the time at Rugged Wearhouse
nerd.gif
Paid $29.99 for my white/red Hyperdunks
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by el cuco

yeah i dont make a habbit of it but the cashiers there dont really pay much attention , i just make sure its a sweater tag with a sweater tag and get the colors right cause thats usually all that shows..and yeah havent tried it on but will make sure i do
I worked at a Marshalls years ago...trust me, they know.  They may just not care, or feel like dealing w/ telling the person that the tag is switched.
So many people would come in and try that...would get annoying.
You would be surprised the type of people that come in those places trying to steal stuff  
laugh.gif

I know one time i tried to buy a pair a pants that were on clearance, they cashier wouldn't sell it to me cause she said someone switched the price...i just looked at her
indifferent.gif
and told her i didn't want anything then.

I hate when employees act like it's hurting their profit... it's like how are you suppose to know if someone changed the price cause usually they keep putting clearance stickers on top of other clearance stickers...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Haha, exactly.  But, but, it retails for almost 3 times that!!  Can't you see the "savings!?!"
That's the problem with places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross.  You go in there looking for good deals on expensive brands, not with any purpose, just to see what you can find.  I hardly ever go in there with purpose.  Back in December I went there and picked up a pair of Ralph Lauren slacks for $30.  It's actually a purchase I don't regret because it was a really cheap price for nice slacks, but I certainly didn't go in there saying, "I need new slacks today."  I was just browsing.

But you even stated yourself, you pride yourself on finding gems at a low price, $100 in this case just happens to be a fraction of the original cost.  I'm not sure if my numbers are correct, but it looks like Ralph Lauren cashmeres retail for nearly $300-$400 (quick internet search).

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

whats with the obsession with RL on this board
bandwagon mostly

i wont front image and the brand plays a decent part on what i buy but ralph lauren makes quality stuff

bandwagon mostly

i wont front image and the brand plays a decent part on what i buy but ralph lauren makes quality stuff
Yea, RL is a good brand but a lot of lames wear it now, sucks for us who have always wore it. My mom still has toddler size polos that were mine from back in the day
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

bandwagon mostly

Yea, RL is a good brand but a lot of lames wear it now, sucks for us who have always wore it. My mom still has toddler size polos that were mine from back in the day
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
That just means you grew up rich, it doesn't make you better than anyone else wearing it now because your mom got it for you as a kid.

i find the fits are meh.........for older people

but theres is a RL purple label sale on Gilt right now...till jan30th

pretty expensive 300 bones for a sweater?!?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Haha, exactly.  But, but, it retails for almost 3 times that!!  Can't you see the "savings!?!"
That's the problem with places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross.  You go in there looking for good deals on expensive brands, not with any purpose, just to see what you can find.  I hardly ever go in there with purpose.  Back in December I went there and picked up a pair of Ralph Lauren slacks for $30.  It's actually a purchase I don't regret because it was a really cheap price for nice slacks, but I certainly didn't go in there saying, "I need new slacks today."  I was just browsing.

But you even stated yourself, you pride yourself on finding gems at a low price, $100 in this case just happens to be a fraction of the original cost.  I'm not sure if my numbers are correct, but it looks like Ralph Lauren cashmeres retail for nearly $300-$400 (quick internet search).
you bums must have never worn any cashmere. feels like youre wearing a baby.

its not my fault u can only afford AAA tshirts and 503 levis from jc pennys.

Originally Posted by The Takeover

bandwagon mostly

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
That just means you grew up rich, it doesn't make you better than anyone else wearing it now because your mom got it for you as a kid.
cosign, plus people have BEEN wearing Polo for decades, dudes acting like its some exclusive @#$%
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
you dont even have to be rich to afford RL, polo.com has sales throughout the year and is selling polos and sweaters for 40-60 right now.

Back
Top Bottom