Tired of cracked midsoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you stripped the Mid-Sole Paint I'm pretty sure you can take them to your local shoe repair place, & they'll re-paint it.

If you stripped the Mid-Sole Paint I'm pretty sure you can take them to your local shoe repair place, & they'll re-paint it.

Nah I'm straight. I'm not looking to repaint them. I had enough of cracked soles. I'd rather take my chances with them turning yellow.

Nah I'm straight. I'm not looking to repaint them. I had enough of cracked soles. I'd rather take my chances with them turning yellow.

if you guys take the white paint off the midsole and decide to keep it that way you guys should look for like a clear sealer or clear coat it so it wont get as dirty just a thought imo

if you guys take the white paint off the midsole and decide to keep it that way you guys should look for like a clear sealer or clear coat it so it wont get as dirty just a thought imo

someone posted a whitening tip for heel tabs on 3's (in the TB 3's thread)...wonder if you do that to the midsoles after peeling...if that would prevent yellowing.

someone posted a whitening tip for heel tabs on 3's (in the TB 3's thread)...wonder if you do that to the midsoles after peeling...if that would prevent yellowing.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by JuKoMy

That how my 03 Cements are , since they didn't use glossy paint back then
yep..problem is da midsole absorbe dirt WILD fast like that....and they yellow eventually..this is why JB started to paint em.
Exactly.  The midsole is already dyed white, but if you don't keep them clean, they will start to show dirt. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by JuKoMy

That how my 03 Cements are , since they didn't use glossy paint back then
yep..problem is da midsole absorbe dirt WILD fast like that....and they yellow eventually..this is why JB started to paint em.
Exactly.  The midsole is already dyed white, but if you don't keep them clean, they will start to show dirt. 

I even had that paint cracking problem
with my 2001 true blues. Though the
Difference is it was the blue paint
As the white part,was not painted.
jb is putting the gloosy paint on its
Retroes, thinking it would look cool.
instead they should have just get the
Midsole dyed or paint with more
Durable paint.
The midsole paint cracking is a
Big shame by jb.

I even had that paint cracking problem
with my 2001 true blues. Though the
Difference is it was the blue paint
As the white part,was not painted.
jb is putting the gloosy paint on its
Retroes, thinking it would look cool.
instead they should have just get the
Midsole dyed or paint with more
Durable paint.
The midsole paint cracking is a
Big shame by jb.

With the title of your thread, I thought that you were going to say "Then stop buying Jordans!"

It's truly sad that JB can't get this paint cracking situation fixed.

A f'n disgrace if you ask me. SMH

I absolutely LOVE the 3's, but haven't purchased the TB's or the Cements b/c of this issue. Just tired dealing with brand new looking shoes with paint chipping off of them.

With the title of your thread, I thought that you were going to say "Then stop buying Jordans!"

It's truly sad that JB can't get this paint cracking situation fixed.

A f'n disgrace if you ask me. SMH

I absolutely LOVE the 3's, but haven't purchased the TB's or the Cements b/c of this issue. Just tired dealing with brand new looking shoes with paint chipping off of them.

^^^Yeah I'm the same way. I got fed up with this issue after the TB's cracked on me so quick. These shoes are classics and one of my all time favorites but this is the last time I buy a pair of 3's or 4's. I don't care if it's the black 3's releasing or cement 4's. They just ain't worth it to me no more.
ohwell.gif

^^^Yeah I'm the same way. I got fed up with this issue after the TB's cracked on me so quick. These shoes are classics and one of my all time favorites but this is the last time I buy a pair of 3's or 4's. I don't care if it's the black 3's releasing or cement 4's. They just ain't worth it to me no more.
ohwell.gif

No. They're the 09 pair. But they've been only used a handful of hours. No excuse for this.

No. They're the 09 pair. But they've been only used a handful of hours. No excuse for this.

I'd put some sort of clear coat as well as UV protectant if I went that route. They still look nice after the paint removal though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom