Tips to make your life at home that much easier Vol.1

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Great thread.

- keep a notepad in your bed or on your nightstand...when you wake up in the morning write down goals you want to accomplish for the day...some of which will help you achieve some mid-range goals (months) that will help you achieve long term goals (years). No matter what it is...reading a chapter in a book, doing a certain errand, whatever...it shouldnt be something like brush your teeth because thats a given but def. something that will help you out in the future. never underestimate the power of a simple notepad.
Thanks Grim.. Will be actually try this this summer

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Great thread.

- keep a notepad in your bed or on your nightstand...when you wake up in the morning write down goals you want to accomplish for the day...some of which will help you achieve some mid-range goals (months) that will help you achieve long term goals (years). No matter what it is...reading a chapter in a book, doing a certain errand, whatever...it shouldnt be something like brush your teeth because thats a given but def. something that will help you out in the future. never underestimate the power of a simple notepad.
Thanks Grim.. Will be actually try this this summer

Everytime you use the toilet wipe the rim of the bowl with tp. Keeps your toilet free of pubes and piss splatters.

After you shower or bathe, spray the tub or shower and walls down with a cleaner and wipe down real quick with a hand towel. This will keep your shower or tub free of soap scum.

Keep a folded washcloth on your bathroom sink and wipe down after each use. This will keep from getting dusty and it will be free of water, facial hair and toothpaste.

Also keep a folded washcloth next to your kitchen sink and whenever you do dishes or cook, use the washcloth to clean up spills, crumbs and water splashes from dishes.

If you just take a couple minutes to clean here and there you will never have to spend alot of time cleaning at one time.

Everytime you use the toilet wipe the rim of the bowl with tp. Keeps your toilet free of pubes and piss splatters.

After you shower or bathe, spray the tub or shower and walls down with a cleaner and wipe down real quick with a hand towel. This will keep your shower or tub free of soap scum.

Keep a folded washcloth on your bathroom sink and wipe down after each use. This will keep from getting dusty and it will be free of water, facial hair and toothpaste.

Also keep a folded washcloth next to your kitchen sink and whenever you do dishes or cook, use the washcloth to clean up spills, crumbs and water splashes from dishes.

If you just take a couple minutes to clean here and there you will never have to spend alot of time cleaning at one time.

simple tips to keep your place clean;

1. don't leave clothes on the floor
2. put all dishes in the sink with a spray of water on them at least
3. keep all your shoes together in their pairs so your not looking for them for days
4. have a bowl or buy one for the specific use for dropping your watches, wallets, keys etc. near the front door

simple tips to keep your place clean;

1. don't leave clothes on the floor
2. put all dishes in the sink with a spray of water on them at least
3. keep all your shoes together in their pairs so your not looking for them for days
4. have a bowl or buy one for the specific use for dropping your watches, wallets, keys etc. near the front door

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

wet the toilet paper when you wipe ya *%!.

glasses.gif
cover the vents when smoking in room

most of this is common sense. at least cleaning up after yourself should be...

if you want a lower electric bill...
1. if you live in a deregulated area...shop for a lower rate. it takes a few minutes and can save you money on your bill.
2. (if youre woke) do most of your high-electric using tasks (dishwasher, laundry, charging electronics) between 11p and 7a.

If you have dress shirts that you wash and hang dry, after you wash them and before you hang them,
iron the wrinkles out. Obviously the wrinkles will come out easier and your shirt will dry wrinkle free and faster saving you time if youre in a crunch.

a tray of ice cubes down the dishwasher will sharpen your blades and help loosen any food down there that may have started to smell

use baby wipes after you poop. theyre more enviro friendly, make you cleaner and unless youre a messy ****ter, you should only need one.

put your feet on a step stool (garbage can, laundry basket etc) when you poop. makes the process more efficient and easier on your body.

before you rush and take 13 tylenol for your headache, drink a glass of water and go to a quiet place to chill. more headaches than you think are caused by dehydration.

This one's kinda outside the home but whatev.
when the gas pump stops, dont try to round if off to the next dollar. youre just wasting money; either the gas will never make it out of the hose or it will be recirculated back down the hose.

keep the .cal on you...thats all i got right now

most of this is common sense. at least cleaning up after yourself should be...

if you want a lower electric bill...
1. if you live in a deregulated area...shop for a lower rate. it takes a few minutes and can save you money on your bill.
2. (if youre woke) do most of your high-electric using tasks (dishwasher, laundry, charging electronics) between 11p and 7a.

If you have dress shirts that you wash and hang dry, after you wash them and before you hang them,
iron the wrinkles out. Obviously the wrinkles will come out easier and your shirt will dry wrinkle free and faster saving you time if youre in a crunch.

a tray of ice cubes down the dishwasher will sharpen your blades and help loosen any food down there that may have started to smell

use baby wipes after you poop. theyre more enviro friendly, make you cleaner and unless youre a messy ****ter, you should only need one.

put your feet on a step stool (garbage can, laundry basket etc) when you poop. makes the process more efficient and easier on your body.

before you rush and take 13 tylenol for your headache, drink a glass of water and go to a quiet place to chill. more headaches than you think are caused by dehydration.

This one's kinda outside the home but whatev.
when the gas pump stops, dont try to round if off to the next dollar. youre just wasting money; either the gas will never make it out of the hose or it will be recirculated back down the hose.

keep the .cal on you...thats all i got right now

1. Only clean your fridge the night before trash pick up
2. To get rid of onion smell on your hands, hold a stainless steel utensil and run your hand under cold water
3. To empty pots and pans before washing, instead of wasting paper towels, take one of the plastic bags you
saved from grocery shopping, put it on your hand, wipe out the dish, throw the whole thing in the trash

1. Only clean your fridge the night before trash pick up
2. To get rid of onion smell on your hands, hold a stainless steel utensil and run your hand under cold water
3. To empty pots and pans before washing, instead of wasting paper towels, take one of the plastic bags you
saved from grocery shopping, put it on your hand, wipe out the dish, throw the whole thing in the trash

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

take 10 minutes a day to clean up something. no matter what it is, that way you dont end up with a disaster area that ends up taking you 2 hours to clean up later

ponder-1378.gif

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

take 10 minutes a day to clean up something. no matter what it is, that way you dont end up with a disaster area that ends up taking you 2 hours to clean up later

ponder-1378.gif

1. get a paper towel roll
2. get a rubber-band
3. get a fabric-softner sheet
4. tie the sheet with the rubber band at the end of the paper towel roll
5. blow smoke through it

now you can burn trees in your house without your parents smelling it
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

2. get a rubber-band
5. blow smoke through it

Originally Posted by FullTech

2. get a rubber-band
5. blow smoke through it

lmfao dude came in here and told everyone how to make a sploof..  
roll.gif

My little brother can probably attest that a sploof isn't fool proof.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FullTech

2. get a rubber-band
5. blow smoke through it

lmfao dude came in here and told everyone how to make a sploof..  
roll.gif

My little brother can probably attest that a sploof isn't fool proof.
laugh.gif

Some of ya'll seem to think you can reach Nirvana by washing your %%+ a certain way
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Some of ya'll seem to think you can reach Nirvana by washing your %%+ a certain way
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

cant think of anything really but I know my boy says you cant refrigerate leftover pizza cuz it gets dry. Stack it on a plate and then put a plastic bag over it (upside down) so the weight of the plate holds the top of the bag under it, keeps it 
pimp.gif
Hmm, I really love cold pizza, but I might have to try this next time.
Or you could just spray/sprinkle water on it when you reheat it, in the oven (not the microwave).

Never dry to me.

cant think of anything really but I know my boy says you cant refrigerate leftover pizza cuz it gets dry. Stack it on a plate and then put a plastic bag over it (upside down) so the weight of the plate holds the top of the bag under it, keeps it 
pimp.gif
Or you could just spray/sprinkle water on it when you reheat it, in the oven (not the microwave).

Never dry to me.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif

Never dry to me.
I use the microwave and it works fine though...

a couple more:
if you live somewhere hot like florida gradually increase the temp your ac is set at. Itll save you money and youll get used to hotter temps so you wont be sweatin as much when you go outside, just turn it off during the winter.
If you get gum on clothes throw them in the freezer, the gum will get brittle and can be broken off after its frozen
Always run your dishes under water in the sunk and use a brush to clean em before you throw them in the dishwasher. You wont have no problems with stuck on food and there wont be food in your dishwasher

Back
Top Bottom