Tips on DS a pair?

Originally Posted by green rhino123

there is nothing you can do
by the time your fire reds come out later this year,
the 4's will be yellowed with cracked midsoles & completely unwearable

roll.gif

This is what i normally do, don't knock me NT familia. i pretty much ziplock bag both pairs and place a bag over them (footlocker bag) and i have a metal tin box that's slight bigger place the shoes inside. close the tin lid no air in no air out. then i go to my back yard and dig a hole, don't make it too deep because when you throw it in, you don't want it to go to china. then cover the hole and your done. WHY DO YOU THINK MY COLLEGE BLUE AIR JORDAN xvii ARE STILL FRESH

Originally Posted by calikush

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

buy a bulk order of some silica gel off of ebay and keep them in all of your shoe boxes. prevents moisture buildup & damage to the sneakers. you can get like 50 bags for like $5 or $10 bucks

Silica packs inside shoe box will eventually dry out the midsole and cause crumbling. Try damp rid outside of the box/boxes. I use 3 small cans for my ds pairs, and I double or triple box whatever I don't plan on wearing for a couple of years.

can anyone please confirm or dispel this? I routinely throw in a silica gel packet in all my shoe boxes

buy a bulk order of some silica gel off of ebay and keep them in all of your shoe boxes. prevents moisture buildup & damage to the sneakers. you can get like 50 bags for like $5 or $10 bucks

Silica packs inside shoe box will eventually dry out the midsole and cause crumbling. Try damp rid outside of the box/boxes. I use 3 small cans for my ds pairs, and I double or triple box whatever I don't plan on wearing for a couple of years.

can anyone please confirm or dispel this? I routinely throw in a silica gel packet in all my shoe boxes

dude, everyone is not on the same page with this issue...
i am against the use of silicia packs - but i too use those hanging Damp-Rid bags. They collect a lot of moisture in the summer & basically collect nothing in the winter.
If the Damp-Rid bags collect almost nothing in the winter - then I believe that is an indication that silica packs year round are too strong of a remedy (that is, they are sucking
the life out of your shoes when it is very dry out)

but others do differently

Question does anyone know why some people store their kicks without the laces? Whenever I double up on a pair of J's I always store the 2nd pair the way they came/

Silica can $$%$ your %@%$ up. If you have it in the box drying out all the moisture for years your %@%$ will turn into angel dust when you try to wear them. 
All of these issues are the main reason why I just wear my shoes man. Too much hassle going into it if I want to keep them on ice. 

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

your shoes = your choice, why dont sneakerheads have a brain now days?
Cats don't want to take a risk and use common knowledge. Too afraid to damage their kicks and take take a little trial and error. 

When you have so many people online influencing your decision making, you become dependent. Before NT, I learned how to take care of my kicks my own way, and its worked for me. 

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

This is what i normally do, don't knock me NT familia. i pretty much ziplock bag both pairs and place a bag over them (footlocker bag) and i have a metal tin box that's slight bigger place the shoes inside. close the tin lid no air in no air out. then i go to my back yard and dig a hole, don't make it too deep because when you throw it in, you don't want it to go to china. then cover the hole and your done. WHY DO YOU THINK MY COLLEGE BLUE AIR JORDAN xvii ARE STILL FRESH
The hell? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by ChicagoLDRS

Just wear your joints.

But if I grab the Fire Reds then I'll have two pairs of whites in the same sihouette, which I don't approve of. And the Military blue has a pure white upper this time, not off white (and I might not get it because of that)
And your in the shoe game 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom