Tipping at the Bar Etiquette

I usually get served right away, so when i do i'll order a round of shots, and a round of drinks for about me and 4 or 5 of my friends...so it'susually about a 10 dollar tip off the first trip, and every round after that it's about a 5 dollar tip for a round of drinks...but it's only due to thefact that right when i step to the bar i am served immediately, even if others have been waiting for 5 or 10 mins...but that's why you tip right? you tipwell, you'll be treated well.

If I know it will benefit the rest of my night, I'll give them a $10 tip with my first drink. Then I can go anywhere from $2-$5 the rest of the night. Ifthey do me right, they'll get another nice tip at the end of the night.

where i work the drinks are pretty expensive
but those people have money, so i'd say the
minimum is like $3...but it all depends where your
at

I'm a server so I always tip good. I remember I went to some club. Brought two beers spent 20 bucks. But when it came time for liqour. Please beleiveshawty had the heavy hand and forgot to charge for a few beers. I LOVE IT

I'm a DJ so I drink for free @ the places that I spin @ so I tip the bartender $20 at the beginning of the night for hooking it up the entire night.

its usually a $1 a drink thats how i do it....but normally i would give $2/$3 for the first two, then its $1 for the rest, the better the drink the better the tip
Word...
-Sun

Originally Posted by ZieGirl

$2 mixed drinks, $1 beer.

Thats a good policy, I just may have to follow it. I usually due $2 to $3 at first and then I just get a waitress, tip here well at the end, if the servicewas good, if not then she can expect from me at least just a $5 dollar tip

As a former bartender, I feel I can speak to this thread with a fair amount of accuracy. Here's my two pennies:
  1. Base your tip on the price of the drink. People who give a dollar every time on $5-6 drinks are not appreciated as much as those who tip $1 on a $3 drink. If my drink is $5, I tip $2. The better the tip, the better the service on the return for another drink.
  2. If you tip well and are drinking mixed drinks, the bartender might mix you a better drink. I know I did.
  3. Bad tippers were always given a weaker drink upon return for another. Screw me? No, screw YOU!
  4. If you order multiple drinks, tip accordingly. A tip is not a set-in-stone amount based on the visit and independent of the bill. If you order $20 worth of drinks or a bunch of shots, tip 40% or better, especially if there is a lot of labor involved in your order (complicated mixed drinks, layered shots, frozen drinks, etc...).

Back
Top Bottom