Tinker Hatfield Doesn't Want Classic Jordans on Nike ID

i would say do a special, invite-only ID like they did w/ the forces back in '07. i got an invite for the forces and never used it.

They shouldn't even do a limited run IMO. That would just cause flocks of resellers to create any shoe with hopes of reselling as 1 of 1s. If it comes down to having the signature line for ID customization it should be there for good. Allow everyone the chance to make their pair.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

They shouldn't even do a limited run IMO. That would just cause flocks of resellers to create any shoe with hopes of reselling as 1 of 1s. If it comes down to having the signature line for ID customization it should be there for good. Allow everyone the chance to make their pair.

damn son, should've ask homie about nike air from I-VIs

I'm all for it. I'm tired of these ugly retro+ colorways with the excessive use of patent leather and suede. I'd rather make make my own subtle colorways with the proper use of materials. I don't understand how some of you guys rather just settle for what JB throws your way rather than to make something for yourself to your own personal likings. To hell with all that "rare, exclusive, and special" mumbo jumbo. Y'all acting as if JB hasn't whored out the AJ sig line with a lot of this nonsense that's been put out lately.

Originally Posted by Nikolee

i think it would take away from the brand....

hahaha.... you mean it would take away from the cheap @#$ thin leather, bad shape, terrible stitching, no 3M, no carbon fiber, no nike air, no infared, tech gray, banana toe box, ashy suede, durabuck, glue stains, jumpman logo, midsole paint chipping?
Not to mention abominations like the spizike, dub-zero, fusion, .5...

I aint mad at you Nikolee, just not sure Nike ID could bring JB any lower than it already is

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

hahaha.... you mean it would take away from the cheap @#$ thin leather, bad shape, terrible stitching, no 3M, no carbon fiber, no nike air, no infared, tech gray, banana toe box, ashy suede, durabuck, glue stains, jumpman logo, midsole paint chipping?

I aint mad at you Nikolee, just not sure Nike ID could bring JB any lower than it already is

So there is this thing called supply and demand and puttingthese shoes on NikeId would completely destroy this and would bring prices downon so many J’s and because of this kill all the hype and bring down the companydown. You herd Tinker and you have read what is says on the 11’s “you made itan icon

Putting classic J's on NikeID would help people sell fake kicks. The best way to just write off fake kicks off bat is if that CW never was in Existence. This would allow so many people to sell fake shoes on websites like this and ebay. Allowing people to pretty much be able to lie about the J's they picked up for 30 bucks and could sell on ebay for 200 because these are " Jordan ID 13's"

If we EVER see legacy Jordan's on nikeID, it would mean the brand is suffering and is close to decline. I anticipate they do it in the future when all retro models have been exhausted. Either that or as a test to see what a low caliber model would do in sales. Something like a retro XV, XIX, XXI or XX2 model.

theres no difference between the tacky IDs that would certainly come out and some of the colorways nike is doing anyways.

He maybe a God to us but to nike he's just a payroll expense, so that means he has no saying in what happens to his creation.

Classic Jordans shouldn't be ID'd. It takes away from the mystique of the models in the line and encourages variant like colorways.

Originally Posted by leoman3000

theres no difference between the tacky IDs that would certainly come out and some of the colorways nike is doing anyways.

This

The only one I wouldn't mind them doing was the I, since they already basically bastardized it with the phat, SB, and different colorways

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

QFT. Zephyr speaks the truth.

Even though I would like to customize my own jordans on nike id I do agree that it will take away from the brand

To appeal to the people who want Nike Air so badly, why don't you just have the regular release colorways with Nike Air, and have the customs with the Jumpman.

Try that with Jordans I-VI first and see what happens.

Just a crazy thought.

Back
Top Bottom