Time Warner vs. Dish Network/Direct TV vs. FIOS/U-Verse - Which do you prefer?

Had TW all my life and I hate them. I just ordered Direct TV for the NFL package and it's amazing. Call in with a referral and you and your friend get $10 credit for 10 months. Plus order on Costco.com and you get a $180 cash card. The DVR box is amazing because it has a huge hard drive plus they have this service where you can watch recorded shows on any TV with a HD box.

FIOS wasn't an option to me because they don't service my area

Had TW all my life and I hate them. I just ordered Direct TV for the NFL package and it's amazing. Call in with a referral and you and your friend get $10 credit for 10 months. Plus order on Costco.com and you get a $180 cash card. The DVR box is amazing because it has a huge hard drive plus they have this service where you can watch recorded shows on any TV with a HD box.

FIOS wasn't an option to me because they don't service my area

I had Comcast, FML. Switched over to Directv with the NFL package and haven't looked back. I lost reception twice but neither was over 30 mins at a time, so I'm not too upset about that. We'll see what happens in the winter and I wanna catch a football or basketball game....price is cheap, plus there are alot of add on discounts and whatnot if you know how to work the system. Like someone else said, switching channels is a little slow but thats because the box reads the signal to see what resolution the program is broadcasted at. Plus if I forget to record programs I can do it on my phone, they have an app to do that....(I know you've seen the commercial)

I had Comcast, FML. Switched over to Directv with the NFL package and haven't looked back. I lost reception twice but neither was over 30 mins at a time, so I'm not too upset about that. We'll see what happens in the winter and I wanna catch a football or basketball game....price is cheap, plus there are alot of add on discounts and whatnot if you know how to work the system. Like someone else said, switching channels is a little slow but thats because the box reads the signal to see what resolution the program is broadcasted at. Plus if I forget to record programs I can do it on my phone, they have an app to do that....(I know you've seen the commercial)

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

there is a reason fios is rated the #1 tv and #1 internet service every year.
Going on about 2 years now with no issues nor complaints.  Good channel selection, fast internet.  I think we just upgraded to 30/15 for the internet.  I average like 1 MB/sec downloads from MU, RS, etc.
eek.gif
  Also everyone I know with FiOS loves it.

You cannot go wrong with FiOS

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

there is a reason fios is rated the #1 tv and #1 internet service every year.
Going on about 2 years now with no issues nor complaints.  Good channel selection, fast internet.  I think we just upgraded to 30/15 for the internet.  I average like 1 MB/sec downloads from MU, RS, etc.
eek.gif
  Also everyone I know with FiOS loves it.

You cannot go wrong with FiOS

Had Time Warner, no issues...

Direct TV now, only thing I miss about Time Warner is On Demand

Had Time Warner, no issues...

Direct TV now, only thing I miss about Time Warner is On Demand

Get FiOS. Had cable all my life, no problems, but FiOS is a hell of a lot better and cheaper than what I was originally paying.
Also, the internet speed is the fastest I've ever had and faster than anyone I know, so it'll help you with the lag so you won't be Harlem shaking and walking through walls NCtwin
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Get FiOS. Had cable all my life, no problems, but FiOS is a hell of a lot better and cheaper than what I was originally paying.
Also, the internet speed is the fastest I've ever had and faster than anyone I know, so it'll help you with the lag so you won't be Harlem shaking and walking through walls NCtwin
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

To me Dish Network/Direct Tv is superior to cable in general, but depending on where and how your dish is installed, it may be worse.

I got Dish Network and it falls out all the time, but I know my installer did a terrible job. It took him 3 hours to install the thing even though the dish was already on the roof. I can't do anything about it unless I want to pay a $40 service charge. It's not that big of a deal so I'll just wait on my contract to end and switch to Direct TV. The options and picture are dope, though.

To me Dish Network/Direct Tv is superior to cable in general, but depending on where and how your dish is installed, it may be worse.

I got Dish Network and it falls out all the time, but I know my installer did a terrible job. It took him 3 hours to install the thing even though the dish was already on the roof. I can't do anything about it unless I want to pay a $40 service charge. It's not that big of a deal so I'll just wait on my contract to end and switch to Direct TV. The options and picture are dope, though.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

That only happened once!!!
laugh.gif

Ok so FIOS is not offered in my area.
frown.gif

I'm leaning toward Direct TV, but I wish they had a 12 month agreement and not just 24...

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

That only happened once!!!
laugh.gif

Ok so FIOS is not offered in my area.
frown.gif

I'm leaning toward Direct TV, but I wish they had a 12 month agreement and not just 24...

Back
Top Bottom