i got rim in grade 9

grade 10 i could put down some weak dunks

grade 11 got injured but came with some 2 foot 2 handers

grade 12 putting down tomahawks and windmills in warmups
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

6'3 btw

if i was your height id be going dumb on rims all over the city. im only 5'11 and i can grab rim all day long, but i have small hands for my size, no point in trying to dunk. if i trained hard in HS i probably would be throwing down, but all i did was slack off in the weight room during practice. after grade 12 season stopped playing as often and started smoking
ohwell.gif
. but u shud see what kind of ******ed stuff i can do on a 9 foot rim. that dont count, does it?

Don't say if i were your height, cause you would weigh more and you wouldn't have the same vert.

I grabbed rim in eighth grade and dunked it first right after freshman year. I got to where i could easily dunk two handed off 1 foot but then gained somefootball weight but im getting back to that point. I can still dunk easily but not as great as i would like.

im 6'3 225

The slam-jam is something I've been doing for a while now.

First dunk was two days before my fifteenth birthday. I'm nineteen in April.
This is my advice for getting over the hump, from getting rim to putting it down:

(off one foot, btw)
Do your regular approach, y'know, one, two, up. But really bend over on the approach, exaggerating it, even, and use as much of your stomach's musclesas you can. Also, when you gather, get two hands on early, but just use your one hand to get under the ball and guide it up, straight towards the rim.
Another thing I see guys doing when they don't quite 'have it' is that they'll try and throw the ball, and get back-rimmed.
Let the rim come to you. During the jump your hand and the ball will wind up above the rim, so as the arc of your jump starts to descend, your wrist will windup hitting the rim. At that point you pop the ball down with your fingers, and then you'll wind up grabbing/snapping the rim.

I started off a one-footed jumper, but this season (first season of university ball) I've really started yacking off of two feet.

My advice for two-footers:
I found that going fast and hard at the rim helps, but more importantly, you want to turn your gather into a leap as fast as possible. You'vegotta come down, crouch, gather and explode as quickly as you can. You lose elevation if you take too long. So offa two feet work on getting in the air as fastand as powerfully as you can. And again, until you can cram it hard, just wait for the rim to get to you.��
EDIT: added a dunk from Dec. 2006, my senior year of high school.

Originally Posted by sw33nskill

Originally Posted by beeniemon

i got rim in grade 9

grade 10 i could put down some weak dunks

grade 11 got injured but came with some 2 foot 2 handers

grade 12 putting down tomahawks and windmills in warmups
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

6'3 btw

if i was your height id be going dumb on rims all over the city. im only 5'11 and i can grab rim all day long, but i have small hands for my size, no point in trying to dunk. if i trained hard in HS i probably would be throwing down, but all i did was slack off in the weight room during practice. after grade 12 season stopped playing as often and started smoking
ohwell.gif
. but u shud see what kind of ******ed stuff i can do on a 9 foot rim. that dont count, does it?

Don't say if i were your height, cause you would weigh more and you wouldn't have the same vert.

I grabbed rim in eighth grade and dunked it first right after freshman year. I got to where i could easily dunk two handed off 1 foot but then gained some football weight but im getting back to that point. I can still dunk easily but not as great as i would like.

im 6'3 225

Thank you. I'm 6'7" and people tell me all the time how if they were my height they'd be pro. It doesn't work like that.

If I was your height i'd be pro. I already have the weight of a pro. j/k

maybe

Anyway back in HS ( Freshman year) I was 5'8 180lbs and dunking a volleyball with no prob.

Blew our my ACL and PCL (seperate Knees) and was never near able to even get as high as before. probaly added .3 of a sec to my 40 time.

Wish I never played football, who knows where I would have been.

If I was your height i'd be pro. I already have the weight of a pro. j/k

maybe

Anyway back in HS ( Freshman year) I was 5'8 180lbs and dunking a volleyball with no prob.

Blew our my ACL and PCL (seperate Knees) and was never near able to even get as high as before. probaly added .3 of a sec to my 40 time.

Wish I never played football, who knows where I would have been.

Stop complaining, I dunked bottles when I was in 9th Grade. I'm in college now and 5'7.
If you got the height, appreciate it.
Of course advantage of being able to dunk is good, but the game is not all about dunking.
I'm having fun with crossover too.

In seventh grade i could get rim

I'm in 8th grade now and i can dunk but it's really sloppy. Hopefully i can cleanly dunk when i'm a freshman. btw i'm 5'10 now.

Back
Top Bottom