Timberwolves quietly putting together...

a very good team
eek.gif

Rubio
Roy
maybe Batum
Love
Pekovic

Darko
Budinger
Ridnour
Barea
Williams

they were playing great last season til Rubio went down. Depending on if they get Batum and if Roy is half the player he was. where i know for a fact he will still be very good minus playing starter minutes every game. He will contribute greatly to this team.

i liked this team last season but they are looking good
pimp.gif

Not lookling like Batum will be on the team.

They need Derrick Williams to transform into a legit SF.

And Rubio will be gone for almost half a year, right?

But I expect big things in 13-14

I was reading somewhere that Adelman's offense had to be adjusted so much for screens with Ricky's play and that with them having to add more to help Brandon, it won't be the same good offense that Adelman has had in the past. Too many dribblers.

I hope that's wrong, team has a good amount of players I like.

Not a T-Wolves fan by any means, but I really would like to see Roy healthy and back on his A game, hopefully this is a legit comeback 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As long as Rubio stays healthy.. They'll be right in the playoff hunt

Mad they got rid of Beas BUT that team looks like an exciting squad to watch
nerd.gif

Sorry, don't mean to be rude or anything but there's an NBA off season thread for stuff like this.

On another note, JPZ would love this thread
laugh.gif

That's definitely a good group of guys. Love still a @$!#! though, but Rubio, Bud, and Pekovic will keep me watching.

Roy at his best is an iso player. Hell, he complained a ton when POR acquired Dre Miller because he would have to give up the ball more.

So they're certainly not an ideal fit

Not a really a fan of the wolves but definitely a fan of BRoy...if he is healthy could be one of the best moves of free agency

This will be an exciting team to watch. I hope Rubio makes a full recovery and BRoy makes any necessary adjustments to mesh with this team.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I was reading somewhere that Adelman's offense had to be adjusted so much for screens with Ricky's play and that with them having to add more to help Brandon, it won't be the same good offense that Adelman has had in the past. Too many dribblers.

An offense should cater to the team's strengths, not the other way around. The TWolves have one of the better pick and roll players in the world, the best pick and pop player in the world, and another couple good pick and roll options. 
I just hope Brandon Roy isn't a diva this time around. 

I'll be rooting for Roy, but he's a question mark at best. And Portland is certain to match the offer sheet for Batum. So really their starters could be Budinger (I'm a fan) and Johnson.
laugh.gif

hope Roy can put together a couple of nice seasons with the wolves. Got a strong team when everyone is healthy

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by Proshares

An offense should cater to the team's strengths, not the other way around. The TWolves have one of the better pick and roll players in the world, the best pick and pop player in the world, and another couple good pick and roll options. 
I just hope Brandon Roy isn't a diva this time around. 

Didn't they hire Adelman for the offense that he runs?  The guy coached the most offensively efficient team in Houston before the lockout.  Not saying you're wrong or I'm right, just saying that it seems like an odd pick up of BRoy.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Wouldn't Wes Johnson be their starting SG

he sucks, really sucks
laugh.gif
He really does..
30t6p3b.gif
I thought we were getting a solid player coming out of Syracuse but I should have known.. wasted high picks on him and Flynn
30t6p3b.gif

Batum really wants to come to Minnesota, though... Them giving Hibbert that max deal, can Portland afford matching and giving Batum that much??

Hopefully they grant his wishes.

I'll be tuned in to more T-Wolves games than before just to see B-Roy. Hopefully the team is good so its fun to watch. I agree with OP, they are putting a nice team together and have a real good shot of making the playoffs next year.

They really should have went after Kevin Martin more.

Rubio
Martin
Williams
Love
Pekovic

with: Budinger, Barea, Ridnour, Roy, and Darko (And im excluding Johnson cause he's terrible)

That's a squad with upside.

Back
Top Bottom