Ticket clinics.. do they work? I received a speeding ticket.

Over the weekend I got a ticket for doing 84 in a 45. It was late (11:45pm) and I was tired so to keep alert I admit I was driving faster than I should have to help me stay alert. I saw some cop pull someone over about a quarter mile ahead of me so I slowed down but it was too late, there were 3 other cops on the side that were waiting for speeders. I would never knowingly do anything over 15 miles over the limit. The combination of the road being dark, me looking at the gps and not seeing when the limit change is what caused it to happen. Long story short cop pulls me over and ask was there any reason i was doing 84 in a 45. I told him I thought the limit was 70. Took my info and came back with a 'promise to appear' in court since going 30 miles over the limit is considered criminal in Florida.

I have a court date set for next month. I've been driving since 03. I received one speeding ticket in 07' but it wasnt as bad as this one.

The cop told me to go to court and tell the judge I was "tired". I'm sure that's a bad idea. My main concern is not getting any points on my license because of insurance rates. Has anyone every used a ticket clinic for the situation? Am I better off just catching a flight to Orlando to fight this case?

What about for 87 in a 75? I got a $230 ticket. I really don't want to pay this **** He also wrote on the ticket that I made an improper right turn, turning into the second lane but that's only because (and I am FAR from the only who does this, EVERYBODY has to if they are going on post) your left turn is so soon after you turn right onto that street where he pulled me over

Last edited:
I was doing 90 in a 55 on my R6 trying to avoid a semi merging into my lane ( I assume I was in his blind spot).

Judge gave -0.0001 dambs.

$1000 Georgia super speeder ticket back in August.

I drive the speed limit these days.

I only "speed" in the fast lane on the freeway. 80 in a 45 is insane tho.

I don't know where he got that ticket, but when I was in Florida there was so much wide open interstate where the speed limit was only 45 or 55 and I did not get why.

I think that's reckless driving, which is definitely a point.
edit http://www.dmvflorida.org/traffic-violation-points.shtml
if you are eligible for traffic school, and complete it before your court date you should be fine.

I would have done traffic school but dude already had a court date set for Nov 6, smh.. I thought I would've had at least 30 days to figure it out.

I don't know where he got that ticket, but when I was in Florida there was so much wide open interstate where the speed limit was only 45 or 55 and I did not get why.

I took i95 and got off on state road 520. I'm used to offramps so when he pulled me over I was shocked to see it turned into a city street and the speed decreased drastically. I agree with you on the open roads. No traffic, wide open lanes and you want me to do 35? Smh

I only "speed" in the fast lane on the freeway. 80 in a 45 is insane tho.

I couldn't imagine going that fast intentionally unless there's an emergency.

I was doing 90 in a 55 on my R6 trying to avoid a semi merging into my lane ( I assume I was in his blind spot).
Judge gave -0.0001 dambs.
$1000 Georgia super speeder ticket back in August.
I drive the speed limit these days.
shoulda just taken off if you were on a bike

OP, i'd go talk to the judge. The judge might still let you take traffic school and not get a point on your record. I've seen it happen. I've seen people get a judge to allow traffic school even though they had just gone to traffic school for a prior ticket less than 18 months ago.

do ticket clinics work tho?

In most cases they can garuntee no points. Not in my case :smh:

OP, i'd go talk to the judge. The judge might still let you take traffic school and not get a point on your record. I've seen it happen. I've seen people get a judge to allow traffic school even though they had just gone to traffic school for a prior ticket less than 18 months ago.

Its too late, paid the ticket clinic people. I'm supposed to find out what the fine will be on Dec 12. :frown: |I

pimp.gif
 congrats bro

Back
Top Bottom