THREAD CLOSED

What are you most looking forward to? (Two choices allowed)

• Derek Carr's return

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Amari Cooper's third season

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Khalil Mack in his prime

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Marshawn Lynch where he belongs

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Defensive improvements

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Showdown in Mexico City

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Revenge against Kansas City

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
How many people are going to Thursday Night football? Can the Raiders be terrible this season and play spoiler football in December?

I'm there every game.
But I've officially reverted back to 2014 mode, where I expect a loss every game, and am pleasantly surprised when we don't.
This team sucks.

We don't even know how to use him. I don't trust TD to figure it out.

I hate this OC. This is really bad.
We don’t put our best players in space to get them the ball.

We don’t run motion

We don’t run screens.

It’s pop warner offense with just line up and snap the ball. This roster is 1 of most talented rosters in the league. Todd Downing out here acting like we are the Vallejo Raiders

Who made the choice to get rid of Musgrave Jack or Reggie?

Pretty much everyone on here wanted him gone, and now we all want him back. I hate to say it, but KNJ has been our best coach this year.

I'm there every game.
But I've officially reverted back to 2014 mode, where I expect a loss every game, and am pleasantly surprised when we don't.
This team sucks.

My mood exactly. I knew we were taking the L today. Thought we might pull it out, and start playing like last season after that Crab TD. Nope, we suck again. Can’t get the run going if it’s press coverage on every down bc we’re only attempting 5 yard throws smh.

Raiders are terrible
Overrated
Carr got a fat check and is back to mediocre quarterback
4 yard passes all game long
The way they’ve been playing, chiefs gonna kill them Thursday

Carr looked awesome in his rookie year. He looks like he has regressed.

Greg Olson or Todd Downing?
Hurry and pick lol!

I was fine with having EJ spend a few more games in the huddle.

No wonder we can't run the ball, pass attempts within 5 yards leaves teams not respecting a damn thing.

I wonder if it's Downings playcalling or if DC is just spooked to hold on to the ball after the injury last year.

The more I come back to articles about JDR and his past decision making with coordinators the more I want him gone. He has a poor track history with coordinators dating back to Jacksonville and that has not improved in three years with us. Coordinators have been scapegoats for him there, jettisoned when he's needed to demonstrate "accountability", and it's his politicking that has kept in afloat (playing on being a homegrown Raider definitely helped make him accepted with us). There is no consistency in his decisions on coordinators, and he absolutely benefited last year from having a coordinator who (as NorthOakland said yesterday) was well attuned to our player's strengths and generally positioning them to succeed. That, along with Carr progressing further as a top 10 quarterback in the league, salvaged many awful defensive game-plans last year.

This ship is sunk. For the sake of the argument, let's assume things don't get better (which I frankly think is likely, since we're on the verge of announcing that Conley is done for the year and we're entering a second half that will starve us of winnable games). We can correct this with wholesale changes in the staff and potentially picking in the top ten of the draft. Mark, who might be fat with satisfaction from successfully scheming for a new stadium, must understand that to get the people of Vegas and Southern California to buy in (literally) once the move happens that he will need a competitive team. That should be enough to be aggressive in paying top dollar for the right head coach to come. We have the pieces on hand to entice anyone; it's simply a matter of willingness to demand results.

im jumping on board with JDR getting the boot, I just don't see Mark doing it mid-season. Mark will play it out and see how the season goes.

If JDR wants to avoid the hot seat, he needs to make his changes asap. I expect Downing gone after TNF unless he drops 30+pts on KC.

Back
Top Bottom