Thoughts On Wearing DuRags Out?

So this morning this girl hit me with the "I would have no clue that you'd wear a durag"

Probably because most of the time I'm dressed fairly nice and all that. I just wear the durag to sleep to keep the waves spinnin'

Anyways, do you guys think wearing durags out is a bad look or what?

I don't do it personally because I feel like it causes people to look at you in a negative way. Not that it's right, but that's what happens. Plus,at a certain age you sort of have to look like a grown up.

I wear mines all the time. I really dont care about wat people say or think about me.

I think that there is a function to wearing it in bed. Do you still need that function when you go out?

according to some people its 'dirty and ghetto'
smh.gif

I don't leave the house without one.
hysterical!

if you wanna wear a du rag wear it.....I don't know about just a du rag....but fitteds/beanie combos are straight

Originally Posted by Jules300

I wear mines all the time. I really dont care about wat people say or think about me.

That's the thing.

Job interviews?

You don't think police look at you differently? Maybe it's just me, but at a certain point you have to not look like a __

soooo, did u and ur roomates handle ur internet beef yet?
laugh.gif

but anyway, I dont really wear durags any more, my hair is soft so whenever I wore one for a while it will leave like dents in my hair. I'll wear a wavecap under a fitted every once in a while tho

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

That's the thing.

Job interviews?

You don't think police look at you differently? Maybe it's just me, but at a certain point you have to not look like a n_
nerd.gif

Never really felt the need to conform to others people, im not going to wear one to a job interview though. I wore mine out sometimes when I had waves if Iwas just outta the shower but if its been on all day I go out without it on.

That's the thing.

Job interviews?

You don't think police look at you differently? Maybe it's just me, but at a certain point you have to not look like a n_
nerd.gif

Uh-Oh.jpeg

keeps the fitted clean, unless you got half of a million in the stash and can buy a new fitted everyday

Hell yeah, here's a pic of me, wifey and our bird polly on vacation.
305393.jpg

Originally Posted by iswearimcool

Originally Posted by sifupooh

keeps the fitted clean, unless you got half of a million in the stash and can buy a new fitted everyday
what you got in your hair?
sick.gif

no matter what...fitteds with white headbands get dirty from your head over time...

That's the thing.

Job interviews?

nerd.gif

I wore mines to there then took it off when i got there. As far as cops the stop me all the time when i driving my cars so i dont think a du rag hasanything to do with it( I have 24's and a loud system in the burbs go figure lol). Yes im black i have been followed around stores like imma stealsomething, people crossed to the other side of the street when they seen me, and a old white lady even got up from her seat when i sat next to her on thetrain. That dont bother me i could careless. Peoples opinions about me mean nothin.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Hell yeah, here's a pic of me, wifey and our bird polly on vacation.
305393.jpg

Wow, So that's how you look like, You don't look like a sneaker head but Niketalk is for everyone. You look like Jack Nicholson.

That's the thing.

Job interviews?

nerd.gif

I wore mines to there then took it off when i got there. As far as cops the stop me all the time when i driving my cars so i dont think a du rag has anything to do with it( I have 24's and a loud system in the burbs go figure lol). Yes im black i have been followed around stores like imma steal something, people crossed to the other side of the street when they seen me, and a old white lady even got up from her seat when i sat next to her on the train. That dont bother me i could careless. Peoples opinions about me mean nothin.

That stuff doesn't bother you? I know sometimes us black folks need to have that small intimidation factor, but still ...
grin.gif

Don't wear durags, people judge you on your appearance...that's my thought

This one time I wore a durag for the first time and a damn undercop was questioning me if I knew something about a robbery
indifferent.gif

then he was asking me for my I.D and I showed him my high school schedule (this was in 2002), so then he noticed I was taking Calculus in my senior year ofhigh school and this guy along with ,another undercover cop, was like "hey this guy is smart" ......meanwhile i'm like
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
they pissed me offbecause i was on my way to school trying to take the train but they're harrasing me for no good reason
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I mean I don't consider myself a smart
laugh.gif
I barely eeked a passinggrade of 65 (D) in that class but still it goes to show you that people can be stupid and judgemental without knowing your real business

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

PREM092 wrote:
Pool Party pt. 2
nerd.gif
word. no one cares about your durag dilemma, we're still waiting on tha pool party update
laugh.gif

Eh. It wasn't that crackin'. Had a party last night though. Miiiiiight post pics.
laugh.gif

It's almost the equivalent of a woman wearing hair rollers out, and i feel that neither should be done. I feel where dude is coming from when he says thatit keeps the fitteds clean tho; however in that case it's not fully visible.

Back
Top Bottom