Thoughts on the confederate flag

It's basically an American swastika symbol to me, and I don't care how people spin it to mean "southern pride", and if you parade it around, you're a combination of a racist, ignorant and naive.

Last edited:
Really doesn't matter whether the U.S. gets rid of it or not to me. Everytime I see a confederate flag though I assume that person is racist and my alertness goes up 10fold cause I be damned if some stupid stuff happens to me. :lol:

Any person that I see w/ it, first thought is racist.

Those for it always say "it represents our southern traditions that we don't want to forget." What was the 1 tradition that was taken from the south as a result of the civil war? SLAVERY.

-er ..you can find it on youtube

Man, the racist really faking like they mad too. Haha!
Tired of white people trying to tell us if it's appropriate to use just because they can't say it freely in public. Great example of white privilege. But hell, they've replaced it with thug anyway.

Really doesn't matter whether the U.S. gets rid of it or not to me. Everytime I see a confederate flag though I assume that person is racist and my alertness goes up 10fold cause I be damned if some stupid stuff happens to me. :lol:
This.

I'm a white, southern male.

IT'S TIME TO TAKE IT DOWN.
Would you agree that Institutional racism is ingrained in this country?

There needs to be another movement. Civil Rights was for integration into the system. 

The future generations will see its poisonous for most people of color. 

You wanna bring the bigots out of hiding???

Lets go around destroying and burning the Confederate flag starting with the one in Tampa.

Lets see who comes out to confront us with guns and anger and probably screaming the N word.

They are the trash that needs to be taken out...

It's the N word for white people in visual form.

Please elaborate
Well I see it like this. It was obviously the symbol for the pro-slavery South, basically represents viewing people of color as lesser than human. What's a word that we all know is used to degrade black people? The n word. The vast majority of people still clinging onto to it are white Southerners.
ok.. i just wanted to understand where you were going with this..

but i see your point, the flag is a not so subtle way for racist to cling to that belief that we all clearly know they have

Would you agree that Institutional racism is ingrained in this country?

There needs to be another movement. Civil Rights was for integration into the system. 

The future generations will see its poisonous for most people of color. 

oh I absolutely believe institutional racism is so tightly wound into our cultural/societal fabric that a lot of people (mostly white) don't even recognize it.

doesn't make them racist necessarily, but it does cloud their vision about their own white privilege.

You wanna bring the bigots out of hiding???

Lets go around destroying and burning the Confederate flag starting with the one in Tampa.
Lets see who comes out to confront us with guns and anger and probably screaming the N word.

They are the trash that needs to be taken out...
they've tried to take it down to no avail |I the racism is strong here in Florida

Last edited:
oh I absolutely believe institutional racism is so tightly wound into our cultural/societal fabric that a lot of people (mostly white) don't even recognize it.

doesn't make them racist necessarily, but it does cloud their vision about their own white privilege.
This. 

It's an off-duty KKK identifier. It tells me that you don't need to speak to me and I don't care about anything that you stand for. It also tells me you dgaf about anyone but white folks and you lump every black person into a group and love to stereotype. Also tells me you're ignorant af.

I want some pics taken of me burning one in HQ

I just wanna rustle some of the rednecks I grew up around.

People who openly rock the flag are like at the bottom of my concerns as a black man. These are usually poorer whites who have no pull. At worst you might have a white woman that's married to one of them confederate flag toting hicks

I guess I hope it comes down so black people in SC will feel better but the reality is that you're still living in that system regardless.

Last edited:
Ok they get rid of this flag and you still have qualified brothers and sisters who wont get hired, you stll have police officers that will bend the law to lock you up, you have people smiling in your face yet hate you because of your skin color. I would rather have someone be openly racist towards me than to act as if everything is all good.

Let them keep their flag, its easier to distinguish who is who

No one was rolling with that Kanye new slaves bs...he looked like a fool all by himself.

Probably got slapped upside the head by family member and came back to his senses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom