Those of You Who Have Had A NetFlix Membership For More Than 6 Months

ghenges

Supporter
How many movies do you borrow a month?

Do you find time to watch all the movies that you get?

Do you get movies just because you don't have to pay a per movie price, but end up not watching them?

Do you feel you are watching your money's worth in movies every month?

nah not really.

i used to take the time to make a copy of each movie before I shipped it back, but to be honest having a rapidpass is just way more valuable.

matter of fact i am going to cancel my netflix right now. thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I definitely make it worth it. Over the summer I was on the 3-at-a-time plan for around $19, and one month I watched 27 movies. I usually make sure I get mymoney's worth. I cut down to 2-at-a-time during the school year, but I still watch at least 2 movies a week, if not more.

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

nah not really.

i used to take the time to make a copy of each movie before I shipped it back, but to be honest having a rapidpass is just way more valuable.

matter of fact i am going to cancel my netflix right now. thanks for bringing this to my attention.

What kind of service is Rapid Pass? Do you just watch the movie online?

Mine is suspended for the next few months. During the school year, I find that there isn't even enough time to watch the football/basketball games I wantto watch, less known a movie. I keep the lowest subscription during my off months so I can get whichever movies I can't 'find.'

I get 2 movies at a time and try to watch then w/in a day or two which I usually can do. So I get about 4 movies a week. I rarely keep a movie for an entireweek before sending it back. So it'd def worth the money for me.

ive been with netflix since jan 07. its a great service and its cheap. the instant watch is whats up too.

even if you dont get around to watchin movies that much for 8.99 for what you get and the fast turn around i dont even plan to cancel anytime soon. ive hadsicko for like 3 weeks just watched it last night with my girl. (yea im madd late on that movie)

How many movies can you borrow at once? So if you have your max, does Netflix WAIT until they receive your movies before you can check out more?

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

How many movies can you borrow at once? So if you have your max, does Netflix WAIT until they receive your movies before you can check out more?
The Max depends on how much you want to pay. You can get up to 3 at a time I think per person on your account. For example my family has anaccount so my Mom gets 3, me and my brother get 2 and my dad and sister each get 1. You can change those numbers for yourself as well.

Once you send in a movie Netflix will send out the next movie on your Queue.

We (my fiancee and I) get the 2 movies at a time a time deal and we both work on weekdays so once we get home we rarely go out on weeknights. We just usuallyjust stay home and watch the movies on the weeknights, we usually end up watching 3-4 movies a week. I think we're getting our moneys worth.

Its cheap and very convenient, but after a while, i find myself struggling to find a movie that i actually want to watch. Being a movie enthusiast, i feel likei've seen everything. I am constantly renting crappy stuff. I am about to cancel my plan.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Its cheap and very convenient, but after a while, i find myself struggling to find a movie that i actually want to watch. Being a movie enthusiast, i feel like i've seen everything. I am constantly renting crappy stuff. I am about to cancel my plan.

thats how its been for me as of late, i use to get 2 movies a week an that was on my 1 at a time plan. ive seen i dunno how many movies since i been a member.but i feel like i dont want to cancel/want to cancel.

you know what i mean im sure.

I used to have NetFlix for well over a year. I had the 3 at a time and definitely got my money's worth. I live in San Jose and the main distribution centeris in San Jose so the turn around was quick.

Just recently however, I switched over to Blockbuster Total Access. I'm liking BB so far. My reason for the switch was that Netflix just added a $1increase for Blu Ray movies ($12 a month is nothing), but the Blu Ray availability is horrible. I'm not sure for others, but every blu ray on my list iseither a Short or Long wait. If they upped their availability and made Blu Ray's more easy to receive then I would have stayed with Netflix.

After awhile you know how the system works and know that if you send your movies back on saturday, they receive them on monday, and that next tuesday you getany new releases that come out that tuesday. So you get all new releases on the day of.

With BB you can walk in, exchange, drop off, whatever. Every blu ray in my queue is "available" also.

You can't go wrong with either BB or Netflix imo. If you have a BB near by, I have one less than 1/2 a mile away, then BB is probably better for you. I dothink that Netflix has a bigger library. So if you're all about getting older films, or films no one has ever heard of, then Netflix.

Someone above mentioned about the watch instantly feature on Netflix. I NEVER EVER used this. All they had were indie films or films I had never heard before.BB's watch instantly library is farrrrrrr more bigger.

Hope that helped!

well it varies by weeks...... if Im relaxed I usually have time to watch 3 - 4 flicks a week... I still got 2 joints that I finished but never sent them out...

I think the 2 movie plan is plenty.

Usually I get the 2 movies, during the week, and watch them on the weekend. Mail them back monday, and get the next 2.

When I had membership. I didn't have enough time to watch them so as they came I would burn them and send it back. I would repeat that every time for a fewweeks.

I just go to the library (i'm in NYC). They're free, there's no limit to how many you can borrow, and you can renew over the phone twice (keeping amovie for up to 9 days). The movies are also up to date (there's actually a wait list for Forgetting Sarah Marshall lol). There's a great selection ofolder movies as well, and the international fiIm section is much better than Blockbuster/Netflix.

I used to have Netflix but it was too slow in my area. I switched to Blockbuster, but it wasn't worth the $25 plus tax. I stopped service because Idon't really have time to watch movies anymore. I only borrow around 2 or 3 a month.

I have the 1 movie plan and I used to get a new movie sent to me every two days or so. I would just copy them and send it right back out the same day it camein. I used to get like 10-13 movies per month, but netflix caught on and now send me like 1 movie per week....haha

I just signed up for the 3 month plan 3 days ago. I get a free month, so I'm keeping them comin, while burning them until it expires.

Thanks for the input.

I'm considering signing up but wanted some feedback.

I ned to do Netflix. My wife and I rent about 3 movies per week, and I am sure this would save us a bunch of money in the long run. Do they send movies to POboxes?

Back
Top Bottom