This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigi Buffon sounds like the overrated hockey goaltender Martin Broduer to me.

Playing with with a great defense in front of him, facing low shot totals in a low scoring league .

he was wack today imo. I don't see the hype.

Last edited:
this RM team would be another level of legendary if they're the only CL side to make this Juve defense look human in a win tomorrow.

Legends

I think a big key for RM will be if Kroos and Modric are influential. If they can dictate the game in the midfield, and give outlets to their teammates while also being accurate in their own passing, it'll be a big factor.

What do I know tho

Knocked out Atleti
Knocked out German Champs Bayern
Emasculated the best defense in recent history, Italian champs Juve

Beat defending Spanish champs Barca in La Liga

Literally beat all the best sides in the world for a historic season. Easily the best season I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing for any of my teams in any sport. Back to back CLs. 3 in 4 seasons. So much young talent rising too to sustain this. I'm a proud fan :pimp:

Last edited:

Playing with with a great defense in front of him, facing low shot totals in a low scoring league .

Harsh

Gigi is one of the greatest keepers in the football history

It totally sucks that he couldn't win a CL title tho

CR7 is the GOAT. Scoring two goals against Gigi. The same keeper Messi struggles scoring a goal against in his entire career include this year's CL

Very wrong. As a GK there are unsaveable shots and there are GK mistakes/errors and bad judgement. Buffon did neither of those. His defense failed him in every aspect. You cant save everything as a GK.

First goal was slightly deflected and the build up play by Real Madrid was just so impressive it was hard to judge. His only mistake was not being taller/wingspan to have that saved.

2nd goal was a deflection. Almost impossible to save that.

3rd goal was the worst defensive lapse of the game. Modric had absolutely nowhere to go and put the ball the only place he could and Ronaldo walks in without anyone covering him.

4th goal was just a disaster. Marcelo was dancing on the byline and drives it in to Asensio.

None of them were Buffon's mistakes. Yeah as a GK your job is to make saves but those were not on Buffon.

your takes have gotten hotter and weirder over time 
laugh.gif

As a man who absolutely hates Real Madrid, it saddens me to see them beat Juventus. Congrats to the Madrid fans in here though, what Zizou has been able to do with this team is impressive 

Knocked out Atleti
Knocked out German Champs Bayern
Emasculated the best defense in recent history, Italian champs Juve

Beat defending Spanish champs Barca in La Liga

Literally beat all the best sides in the world for a historic season. Easily the best season I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing for any of my teams in any sport. Back to back CLs. 3 in 4 seasons. So much young talent rising too to sustain this. I'm a proud fan :pimp:
You can say this could be the greatest team ever. That's how good they've been.

So Buffon is the reason Juventus lost and Navas is the reason Madrid won ?? Tbf

Not even...

Buffon's back line left him out in the cold butt naked, deflected 2 goals into the net that Buffon could have stopped, and had him looking like fried chicken between the sticks.

Juve let their captain down..

Oh yeah, fun stat that the Madrid fans will love and Juve fans will hate

That 10-7 CL aggregate Juve had over Madrid in the CL is now 11-11

Madrid drew even today

#Metrics

I'll take y'all word for it on Buffon. :lol:

I guess soccers goalies have less control than Hokcye goalies,

Last edited:
i just saw a video of the juve watch party where there was a fake bomb scare smh, getting real tired of this stuff

Three in a row next year, let's get it!

On a more serious note, Zizou has won back to back CLs and a Liga this year, in your opinion, should he win NOTHING next season, do you see him getting sacked? Or has he earned a freebie next season based on his current success?

Three in a row next year, let's get it!

On a more serious note, Zizou has won back to back CLs and a Liga this year, in your opinion, should he win NOTHING next season, do you see him getting sacked? Or has he earned a freebie next season based on his current success?

He's special. I really hope he's here for a long time and will only leave for the France position.

The blame lies with Bonucci not gigi.

Just realised muslim dudes like benzema were at a disadvantage because of ramadan

There's certain reasons why Muslim players don't have to fast.

I read, "work" is one of them.

Best believe Benz wasn't out there on an empty stomach.

this RM team would be another level of legendary if they're the only CL side to make this Juve defense look human in a win tomorrow.

Legends

I think a big key for RM will be if Kroos and Modric are influential. If they can dictate the game in the midfield, and give outlets to their teammates while also being accurate in their own passing, it'll be a big factor.

What do I know tho

:lol:

You weren't exactly predicting anything that anyone who watches football wouldn't.

You're out here acting like you predicted a Dani Alves hatrick for the win, or a Keylor Navas winning it with a header in the dying embers of the game from a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom