This album is > or = Illmatic...

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by Jules300

all nas albums are classics in my book dude just cant do nothin wrong in my book
33450zl.jpg

roll.gif

What's wrong with Smokin? That song is a CLASSIC. He goes in on that...I'll give you braveheart party....what I'm trying to say is Stillmatic is ona whole 'nother level. From the intro to the outro it's just TOO DAMN POWERFUL. The way Nas was spitting and what he was saying was crazy...like edgarallen poe reborn spitting some crazy poetry... I mean I can't convince you to feel what I feel but you could understand where I'm coming from.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

^

Basically.

Nas spazzed out lyrically on Stillmatic.

I agree illmatic was powerful to it just didnt have depth and growth. It was basically the autobiography of the average comming of age middle lower classafrican american in inner city new york. He touched on many subjects and matters, but it was just the subject and matters of that time in that area. It hit aspecial sweet spot esp for others who where in his shoes and can relate to his life and the living conditions situation. Stillmatic however was the sign ofmaturity his growth and his well roundness. He started touching speaking on matters that ppl can relate to on a larger scheme. He had more topics and he alsohad a broader production.

Illmatic reminds me of outkast 1st attempt. They basically gave the life and times of african americans in atlanta ga and the situations and conditions of thatarea of that time. So esp 2 ppl who lived in that area and was generally around that age at that time it hits them harder then lets say aquemini which was aworldly album.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I can name 5 albums right now > or = to illmatic.. that CD ain't never been the end all be all...
go

yawn...

Aquemini
MMLP
Reasonable Doubt
The Miseducation of L. Boogie
Trap Musik

I'm well aware that most of NT will have something to say but I'm not gonna defend my picks. All 6 albums are classics in their own right. Youcan't rank "GREAT". 5 star is 5 star.

Aquemini
MMLP
Reasonable Doubt
Trap Musik

I'm well aware that most of NT will have something to say but I'm not gonna defend my picks. All 6 albums are classics in their own right. You can't rank "GREAT". 5 star is 5 star.
respectable choices,
except I wouldnt put MMLP or L boogz up there
L boogs is 1/2 RnB, good album tho

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Aquemini
MMLP
Reasonable Doubt
Trap Musik

I'm well aware that most of NT will have something to say but I'm not gonna defend my picks. All 6 albums are classics in their own right. You can't rank "GREAT". 5 star is 5 star.
respectable choices,
except I wouldnt put MMLP or L boogz up there
L boogs is 1/2 RnB, good album tho
Yup, to each his own. That's all there really is. That was the whole point of my original post in this thread
wink.gif

Haze,

I purposely avoided this post upon looking at the title w/o looking to see who made the thread expecting it to be some far out of body comparison but youaren't too far off with this one G
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Never understood all the hate "Braveheart Party" receives. It's not that bad.

man u know your Nas fan when u try to justify that piece of #+%@...

and Stillamtic equal to Illmatic...Negative
Stillmatic wasn't even better than blueprint....

On Larry!!! Nas has been my favorite rapper ever since I saw the "It Aint Hard To Tell" video back in 94' and even I deleted that %#$@ uponuploading the cd
laugh.gif
smh.gif

as far as the 2nd comment... its not better but its definitely not too far off for damn sure

and that 3rd statement... HA! That album is theeee most extra regular compilation of audio I tell you man...To paraphrase Pusha Sure The Production WasWild But Whats The Fuss About?!?!?! outside of 5 songs y'all can miss me with the rest of that %#$@. He didn't say anything different than he saidon his previous 3 albums. But y'all buy the %#$@ caught up in the hype.
smh.gif

I was talking about the Blueprint all the praise it gets is based off hype.

I'll give him Never Change, Heart of The City, Lyrical Exercise, All I Need, Song Cry, and Takeover... The rest he does nothing special on but theproducers all went HAM, minus Tim with that Hola Hovito, thus its considered a "Classic"
eyes.gif
Y'all can miss me with that.

Funny thing now that i think about it, he was coming off 2 extra regular and 1 trash !!% album when he called himself trying to critique Nas's catalog.Hmmph! Yet the public bought that #+%$... Hypocrisy at its finest.
smh.gif

I guess folk. I don't know how to make you hear that album the way I do, and IO'm sure you're cool w/o it, but that CD is TheBlueprint. It's not just called that.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'll give him Never Change, Heart of The City, Lyrical Exercise, All I Need, Song Cry, and Takeover... The rest he does nothing special on but the producers all went HAM, minus Tim with that Hola Hovito, thus its considered a "Classic"
eyes.gif
"U Don't Know" wasn't anything special?
eek.gif

To each his own, I guess.

Rilla it is just titled that, even that wasn't original. Sorry.

But like Dingle said to each his own.
Originally Posted by WE GET LIVE

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'll give him Never Change, Heart of The City, Lyrical Exercise, All I Need, Song Cry, and Takeover... The rest he does nothing special on but the producers all went HAM, minus Tim with that Hola Hovito, thus its considered a "Classic"
eyes.gif
"U Don't Know" wasn't anything special?
eek.gif

To each his own, I guess.

I actually forgot that was on the album Dingle, shows you just how much i listen to it
ohwell.gif

It's cool, you can be Little Dingle...like a son of his or something. I'll call you Dingle-ling for short
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom