Thinking of making a Spontaneous move To California

Appreciate this.

Job applied for in San Fran pays $40-50/hour. I'm single, no kids. I understand the cost of living there is through the roof. Is that manageable in your opinion.

In Sac, what do you mean by the weather sucking? Humid? Rain?

Sac is just plain boring.

I would recommend to maximize you profits, work in SF live somewhere else in the bay area. As long as you're in the bay you'll love it out there, I moved from seattle to the Bay to go to school in SF when I was 21, best decision of my life. My partying years were in the Bay and there was always something to do any night of the week, weathers is great (warm not too hot except summer) great food, festivals, sights and of course BAD *** WOMEN. Plus being in the bay you could always drive down to LA or hop a quick flight to Vegas. I grew up in Seattle so I can attest to how dope it is to live there, but nothing beats SF/Bay area

move to San Francisco 
nthat.gif

Appreciate this.

Job applied for in San Fran pays $40-50/hour. I'm single, no kids. I understand the cost of living there is through the roof. Is that manageable in your opinion.

It's inland, so it's usually a lot hotter. Not much to do in the surrounding cities, so if you get bored of Sac you will have to drive out 60-90 minutes to hit "The City".

You're looking down the barrell of making $75k to $85k, so you'll be fine in SF.

Appreciate this.

hook it up with a job fam after settling down 
laugh.gif

and SF>>>SAC in terms of everything unless you hate people, then SAC would be better since it's not as populated. 

I had a homie who did that ****.

That ***** came back...

If you ain't got any money homie, I'd suggest you not make that move until you get some.

Lolll

A lot about CA appeals to me. I been wantin to move there like 2 years now myself.

Last edited:
I'm planning to do the same thing, but moving from northern Virginia.

I'm trying to decide between northern and southern California. I am looking into jobs in San Jose, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, and San Diego. I know San Francisco is really expensive, but what about the other areas?

Also, how is public transportation out in CA? I'd rather sell my car than drive my car 2,800k miles...

I'm trying to decide between northern and southern California. I am looking into jobs in San Jose, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, and San Diego. I know San Francisco is really expensive, but what about the other areas?

Also, how is public transportation out in CA? I'd rather sell my car than drive my car 2,800k miles...

A lot of people who work in SF live in neighboring cities like Oakland where rent is less. It is fairly easy to compute to SF and throughout the bay via Bart train, but not right now because workers are on strike. but in SoCal you pretty much need a car to get around.

BART was awesome I always made sure my apartments were near the station

Lake Merritt , Ashby and Mac station FTW.

Last edited:
I had a homie who did that ****.

That ***** came back...

If you ain't got any money homie, I'd suggest you not make that move until you get some.
this happens more often than success stories

Cause man, people don't plan **** out :lol:
They think **** is sweet. But then they get over there and reality smacks them in the face.

Find a job over there first. Then move. Don't think just going over there will pan itself out for you.

Spontaneous move to California = I'm going to be broke and homeless and if **** doesn't work out I can always come back home.

I've seen it first hand. Plan it out first.

Last edited:
Well it sounds like you've got it all planned out, you're gonna make it, OP.

A lot of people who work in SF live in neighboring cities like Oakland where rent is less. It is fairly easy to compute to SF and throughout the bay via Bart train, but not right now because workers are on strike. but in SoCal you pretty much need a car to get around.
i meann they can still take the transbay buses from oakland

yo, honestly. If I have to be a fuggin bum over there for a while then so be it. Sacrifices. Hopefully I can find someone to shack up with . Thanks all for the advice on where to stay if you dont have a car, jobs, transportation, etc. Keep em coming

I've applied to jobs in:

San Fran
Sacramento
Seattle
Scottsdale

Can any NTers speak on these places for a twentysomething male from Boston?
Sacramento has hot summers,100 degree weather,never goes past 110 though, and cold rainy winters. We get all the seasons.

We  have an ok pub transportation system.

Variety of women.

We have 2 rivers going through the city, great for outdoor activities.

Housing is cheap depending on the area. You can get a 1 br apt for 800 in the good part of the city.

Nightlife is small, we have I think like 10+ clubs, in the whole city.

We have 4 malls,  and outlets( counting the 30 min trip to vacaville).

Sac is the Cap of Cali.

But I'd suggest moving here,stack your money up for a yr or two then moving to the Bay.

Bay>Sac for a 20 yr old. Sac is cool if you wanna settle down and start a famb.

been thinking about doing the same :smh:

im mean i was born and raised in LA/LB, but moved out to houston 6 yrs ago. I still been back every year if not more

its about that time, i always said i was going to move back.

and lately I havent been happy here, and been having the worst luck

ive just been wanting to make the "spontaneous move"

i have A LOT of fam out there, friends, and more importantly my big sis

unfortunately shes thinking of moving out here now, so it wont help me much anymore

shes coming out here this month with her husband to check it out and see if they do want to make the move

so ill know for sure by august. I also have one of my close friends out here , he's from echo park originally but also wants to move back

so who knows, maybe ill be back soon...

good luck to you though fam if you make the move! ill say this from living in CA and outside aint no place like Cali :smokin

imma be in LA at the end of this month for almost 3 weeks. ill look more into apts when im out there :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom