Thinking of being a truck driver.

riverxbear

Banned
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

thinking of being a trucker learning the road , and then owning my own truck buisness.

what do yall think of this any one know what da paper look like , and what it takes ?

i love to travel
im single
no kids.

- You'll probably need a class A license.
- Your back will probably start to hurt after awhile.

I know you need a L to drive the trucks

and im just thinking of some stuff i can do when i turn 21 to make good money.

national trucker...lol

but for real, if you dont mind being on the road, go for it. can you stay awake long enough?

The first order of business is to get that CDL,then drive for someone else for a good amount of time to learn the ins and outs of the business, and then determine if it's REALLY something you want to invest in (oh yes.........you will be sacrificing).I'm not a driver,but i've worked around a lot of them and it's no joke!

in the current economy tons of truck drivers are having their pay slashed or laid off completely

if I were you I would get an education so you don't narrow your future career opportunities

I can drive for long hours

i drove from texas to NYC str8 with like 30 mins to rest and i was fine .

thats what i want to do is learn the ins and outs of the biz and see whats qood.

College aint for every body and i just dont wanna be in debt for something i really dont want to do.

my older brother is a truck driver but he doesnt travel far. usually stays within the state.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Pretty sure the job market for truck drivers is really bad right now.

This.  I saw on the news a couple weeks ago that some truck drivers could be making more if they got paid minimum wage.  Reason some drivers don't get paid is because the companies will only pay them per trip, rather than on the clock and they won't reimburse you for gas nor will they pay for your truck maintenance.  So some truck drivers will end up doing one trip a day and just sit around doing nothing for the rest of the day(and not getting paid). This depends on who you work for of course, so make sure you don't get paid just for a trip, and you are not responsible for the maintenance of your vehicle

i know a dude who works for Schneider National and he HATES it...

he said he gained 40 lbs and he always wants to fall asleep at the wheel....meaning boring as hell

cause i was thinking about this to...so he told me sttraight

My tio Beto is a truck driver and he's makin bank!! He's "transferring" a little side product of his own so he's makin it work
pimp.gif
. It's pretty cool to roll with him though when he goes to major cities
pimp.gif

A guy I went to elementary school with was a truck driver for a couple years. Was contracted with K-Mart I believe, then he started doing long trips all along the Pacific Coast. I think he liked it, and he pulled good money.

My uncle was this dead beat dude...didn't do anything with his life. He got into truck driving and drove around the country for a couple years. He saved enough to buy his own truck which he rented out. He then saved enough to get another truck....

At this point, he doesn't even drive anymore and simply monitors his trucks. He close to being a millionaire now.

If youre under 21 you should start looking for jobs driving a bobtail. Once you get older, you can either become an owner operator (you will obviously need $$$ upfront) or work for a company who will both, train you and lease you a trailer (the huge con is that youre looking at $30,000 or so a year) This is a very profitable business if you stay in it for the long run and are savy. I have family members who are semi retired in their mid fortys (theyre not millionaires, but are living very comfortably by either selling their routes, or leasing out their trailers.

Back
Top Bottom