Thinking about a going to Europe for my senior trip next year... Help wanted

giantsytigers

Banned
I need to start planning out where I am gonna go and stuff like that. Any places that I must see. Right now we are thinking about going to amsterdam, france,london, and Barcelona but we wanna go to a lot more places. What do you suggest?

you need to go to france and italy before you go to amsterdam.

it's a great city but don't be fooled by the legality of weed and the infamous red light district, it's not some party capital and it'sdefinitely not a, say, top 5 city in europe to visit imo.

a lot depends on what time of the year you're going. summer vs. winter changes things a lot.

What exactly are you trying to do? Just party or mainly sightsee with a side of partying?

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

it's a great city but don't be fooled by the legality of weed and the infamous red light district, it's not some party capital and it's definitely not a, say, top 5 city in europe to visit imo.

a lot depends on what time of the year you're going. summer vs. winter changes things a lot.

QFT. I capped off a Euro trip in Amsterdam. Wasn't the best time (I smoke on the street in NYC like it's legal so it wasn't that big of a deal) butin terms of capping the trip off it was pretty good. Definitely overrated IMO.

it's a great city but don't be fooled by the legality of weed and the infamous red light district, it's not some party capital and it's definitely not a, say, top 5 city in europe to visit imo.

i gotta respectfully disagree. i try and hit up europe once or twice a year as iv got family there..only in england actually. anyways since 2006iv been repeatedly hitting up amsterdam. went on my 5th trip there in january. i absolutely love it. given if your not a smoker or interested in smoking itwont be AS cool but its def worth a visit. def not overated imo. paris on the otherhand IMHO is def overated. i love the art and history but the res is eh.food is overated. people arent that hospitibable( but not as rude as people say), stuff seems expensive. if your trying to hit france hit paris up for a day ortwo but def hit up the south of france..nice,cannes,marseille, and the principality of monaco/monte carlo. besides that

london
barcelona
malaga
munich
prague
st petersberg
rome
florence
brussels
athens

if your really into the hardcore party scene..drinking,waking up in strange places..etc hit up ibiza iv heard its cool. big with the euro crowd. i gotta warnyou though if you dont like techno you may wanna stay clear.

stay away from hostels
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

i gotta respectfully disagree. i try and hit up europe once or twice a year as iv got family there..only in england actually. anyways since 2006 iv been repeatedly hitting up amsterdam. went on my 5th trip there in january. i absolutely love it. given if your not a smoker or interested in smoking it wont be AS cool but its def worth a visit. def not overated imo. paris on the otherhand IMHO is def overated. i love the art and history but the res is eh. food is overated. people arent that hospitibable( but not as rude as people say), stuff seems expensive. if your trying to hit france hit paris up for a day or two but def hit up the south of france..nice,cannes,marseille, and the principality of monaco/monte carlo. besides that

london
barcelona
malaga
munich
prague
st petersberg
rome
florence
brussels
athens

if your really into the hardcore party scene..drinking,waking up in strange places..etc hit up ibiza iv heard its cool. big with the euro crowd. i gotta warn you though if you dont like techno you may wanna stay clear.
yeah i mean everyone's got different tastes, i can dig this. i always say its a nice city regardless of those things, ive gone and smoked andive gone and not smoked. its fine either way.

i didn't like paris the first few times i went (i was young ,thought it was dirty and overrated) but now i really like it

off the top of my head id say these are all cities ive enjoyed-

london
barcelona
paris (if you havent gone you have to at least once)
rome
florence
monaco
munich
budapest (underrated city)
monte carlo
stockholm
geneva

but yeha that's why i said it matters winter vs. summer

summer you gotta hit up south of france, italy, greece, ibiza , etc.

winter obviously not

also croatia is beautiful in the summer

Originally Posted by AJ fanatic

www.ryanair.com or www.easyjet.com ... use them. It's cheaper (and faster) to take flights around Europe than it is to hop on the Eurorail. You can also book last minute flights easily. No frills just gets you to your destination.
beware of ryanair. TONS of hidden fees. they advertise things like 10 fairs but with the fees before you know it its up to normal price.

also i forgot to add zurich and geneva in switzerland and dubrovnic in croatia. the later being beautiful im told. milan is also supposed to be dope. take in aeuropean football match if its in may or early august.

Back
Top Bottom