Things you think a man should know how to do vol. though

Originally Posted by iBlink

Tie a full windsor knot
Tie a bow tie
eyes.gif

I don't have a need to tie a bow tie.  I have done a windsor only with the help of online instructions.  However, it is a tough method.  I just tie it with a simple "Four In Hand" Knot.

I know the Windsor is just one extra step, but my tie usually comes up short when using this method, it's frustrating
laugh.gif

Just to add to the list:

-Change a tire
-Change the oil

I believe in life skills, things that you need to know and would teach your child.
1. Be able to drive various motorized vehicles: car (auto, paddle, manual), boat, bike, motorcycle
2. Be able to tie knots: ties and bow ties, ropes
3. Be able to utilize basic tools: wrench, hammer, screw drivers, etc.  - this enables you to change oil and tires, fix holes, etc.
4. Be able to find and acquire food and to cook it
5. Be able to please a woman
6. Be able to read and understand

1. maintenance to a car
2. DIY home stuff - plumbing, electrical, holes in wall, simple carpentry work, etc.
3. assemble furniture
4. Mount a flat screen on the wall AND hiding the cables correctly. I cant emphasize how horrible it looks to have a flat screen mounted against the wall and having all those cables in plan view.
5. Tie a tie
6. Properly wash/wax a car.

Can't drive a stick since I don't know anybody w/ one to actually practice, can't tie a bow tie since I've never worn one, can barely swim, too lazy, still can't get a nuke on MW2 since I get shot from behind when I'm close to my pave low,etc. Just about everything else. I'm at least 85% in this thread
laugh.gif

My contribution,
be efficient in some form of sport
know how to shoot a gun
think on his feet in the time of a serious situation i.e. house on fire, earthquake, etc.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

I believe in life skills, things that you need to know and would teach your child.
1. Be able to drive various motorized vehicles: car (auto, paddle, manual), boat, bike, motorcycle
2. Be able to tie knots: ties and bow ties, ropes
3. Be able to utilize basic tools: wrench, hammer, screw drivers, etc.  - this enables you to change oil and tires, fix holes, etc.
4. Be able to find and acquire food and to cook it
5. Be able to please a woman
6. Be able to read and understand

this

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I been tying ties for 6-7 years and did not know they were called Windsor knots
laugh.gif
Actually there are different types of knots.

Windsor is not the one you commonly see.

#1 Take care of his responsibilities.
#2 Fend for Himself
#3 Teach others

Honorable Mention: Shoot a Gun

Originally Posted by HigherGround

these expectations make no sense, this is not the 1930s son. A mans duty is to grow a pair and do what he wants, not what is expected of him.

True...

and seeing as how many NTers arent even old enough to drink (or maybe just made 22?), their answers are nullified x 1000.

Be able to do at least one of the following:
  • Throw a decent football pass.
  • Kick a soccer goal from more than 15 yards.
  • Throw a baseball to home from center field.
  • Make a layup on the run.
Know basic maintenance on a car. i.e. change light bulbs, oil, tires, etc.
Cook something edible.
Drive a stick shift.
Drive an automatic well enough to impress anyone else in the car with your skills.
List 5 female supermodels off the top of their head without taking a pause to think.

define his own concept of manhood and self righteousness instead of conforming to these old traditions

Originally Posted by iBlink

Tie a full windsor knot
Tie a bow tie
Cook for himself
Wash his own clothes
Pay his own expenses
I don't know how to do the three that it's in bold..

L

Back
Top Bottom