***THINGS TO DO in PORTLAND, OR???***

NT Fam,

From your experiences/travels/stays, what are your MUST-DO's in Portland? Been to Seattle last year and loved it.

Planning on a trip of early Spring and having a tough time scheduling 3 full days of activities/sights/eats, etc.

So far, I have:

• Multnomah Falls
  • Washington Park (Japanese garden, Pittock Massion, Rose garden)
  • Downtown/Pearl district area
  • Lan Su Chinese Garden / Chinatown
  • Portland Aerial Tram
  • Rose Garden (even though I don't want to see the Blazers for the 3rd time this season)

Suggestions? Any locals know what's good?

Haven't been and don't know how exactly it would work but the Nike headquarters?

apparently Portland has the highest amount of strip clubs per capita, at least according an old roommate who was from there

all nude bars, great ******g dank, great beers...what is there not to do?

What are you in to?

The food scene there is ridiculously awesome. Powell's books is another great place to go, even if you're not into books. And there are also a ton of vintage stores. And it's probably the best place for coffee in the US.

Main objective is to accomplish all the must-do tourist attractions while trying out a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to alcohol.

Def carving out an afternoon (2-3 hrs for Powell's Books).

EDIT: And yes. I'm from the Bay (Oakland) and live a few blocks away from Harborside :pimp:

Last edited:
Main objective is to accomplish all the must-do tourist attractions while trying out a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to alcohol.

EDIT: And yes. I'm from the Bay (Oakland) and live a few blocks away from Harborside :pimp:

OK, that helps. I'm actually going to visit Portland the first week of Dec too.

For coffee, go to any of the Stumptown locations. There's also Coffeehouse Northwest, which is just a few blocks away from Powell's. The caramel latte there (with salted caramel) is the best drink I've ever had.

Voodoo Donuts is also a very prominent tourist destination.

I liked Hawthorne district a lot when I went there---near a lot of the food truck villages and vintage stores. Waffle Window is also near (literally a window in a side street).

Also...check out Pine State Biscuits...google "The Reggie" biscuit...

NT Fam,

From your experiences/travels/stays, what are your MUST-DO's in Portland? Been to Seattle last year and loved it.

Planning on a trip of early Spring and having a tough time scheduling 3 full days of activities/sights/eats, etc.

So far, I have:

• Multnomah Falls
  • Washington Park (Japanese garden, Pittock Massion, Rose garden)
  • Downtown/Pearl district area
  • Lan Su Chinese Garden / Chinatown
  • Portland Aerial Tram
  • Rose Garden (even though I don't want to see the Blazers for the 3rd time this season)

Suggestions? Any locals know what's good?
I'm from Portland.

What kind of stuff are you into OP?

Go to the Nike employee store if you can get a pass.( everything is half off in there)

Voodoo donuts

cross the bridge over to Vancouver Washington and get your smoke on

I use to work at the Pittock mansion. That place is haunted as hell

Rocky Butte is a nice spot for scenic views, especially when lit.. Saltys on marine dr is also a cool seafood spot..

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody! Some real helpful tips.

Voodoo Donuts, Portland City Grill, that view from Rocky Butte, Pine State Biscuits, coffee shops all sound like must-do's.

Funny that even www.time.com even suggests seeing the strip clubs :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody! Some real helpful tips.

Voodoo Donuts, Portland City Grill, that view from Rocky Butte, Pine State Biscuits, coffee shops all sound like must-do's.

Funny that even www.time.com even suggests seeing the strip clubs :lol:

Another food suggestion...Screen Door...amazing!

JM

You black OP? White women if you're into that choose heavy on brothas up there.

I'm from Portland...

There's a ton of strip clubs if that's your thing.

If you chief, grab some of that 971-503 good and head over to Vancouver. Or get some from there.

Once you got the munchies, go to Who Song and Larry's in Vancouver. Good mexican food with a awesome view of the Willamette. They have this salad with shrimp and some green, cilantro-based sauce that is awesome. The corn cakes are great too. They have a buffet/brunch that ends pretty late during the weekdays.

La Sirenita on Alberta St. has good mexican food too. They are inexpensive as well (like $4 for a huge burrito).

Halo Thai on the same street has good Thai food. Their peanut chicken-something (haven't been in a minute) is good. Baan Thai on SW Broadway downtown by PSU has good thai food too.

If you want some fried chicken, Alberta Market (we call it jacks ghetto 9th st chicken) has the best in the city. Cheap too, you can get a gang of wings and some jojo's for $5.

Fire on the Mountain on 57th has a lot of good wet wings. I usually get the spicy peanut sauce but hey have a variety of interesting sauces.

Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery downtown on morrison st has good fish and chips. Last time I went I got the fried salmon and fries but when I was in Portland this past summer they didn't have it anymore. They are a little pricey though, beware. They may or not batter their fish in beer though.

If you want something sweet and are willing to drive a few minutes south, the New Seasons market in Happy Valley has the bomb *** banana cake. The other New Seasons have it too but the one out in Happy Valley seems to be better and fresher. It's about $5 for a huge slice that can satisfy two people. Also like people have said, Voodoo Donuts. I'm not a big fan but its a popular tourist location.

If you want some soul food, your best bet would be Christopher's on MLK Jr since they closed down Yam Yams. They have good ribs and their turkey burgers are good. When I live in Portland their red velvet cake was good but when I got it recently it didn't taste the same.

If you have kids, Oaks Park is pretty fun. The rides are operational during summer and spring so that'd fit your schedule. They have a huge roller rink 
ohwell.gif
 Can't think of "things" to do. They closed down the indoor paintball field in Vancouver and the one that used to be by the Land Rover dealership on Grand Ave but they have a outdoor one in Gresham a few minutes east.

Since your on niketalk I'm going to assume you like shoes. Downtown on 3rd there's are boutique/consignment shop called Index PDX that opened this summer. Try to get a pass to the employee store in Beaverton if you know someone that works at Nike. The Adidas USA HQ is on Greeley in N Portland in you wanna check that out.

If I knew what you liked to do or what you were interested in I'd be able to tell you more places. 

Edit: Saw OP was allergic to alcohol.

Last edited:
never been but from TV i'd tell people to go experience a portland timbers match the atmosphere must be un real in person

I'm from Portland...

There's a ton of strip clubs if that's your thing.

If you chief, grab some of that 971-503 good and head over to Vancouver. Or get some from there.

Once you got the munchies, go to Who Song and Larry's in Vancouver. Good mexican food with a awesome view of the Willamette. They have this salad with shrimp and some green, cilantro-based sauce that is awesome. The corn cakes are great too. They have a buffet/brunch that ends pretty late during the weekdays.

La Sirenita on Alberta St. has good mexican food too. They are inexpensive as well (like $4 for a huge burrito).

Halo Thai on the same street has good Thai food. Their peanut chicken-something (haven't been in a minute) is good. Baan Thai on SW Broadway downtown by PSU has good thai food too.

If you want some fried chicken, Alberta Market (we call it jacks ghetto 9th st chicken) has the best in the city. Cheap too, you can get a gang of wings and some jojo's for $5.

Fire on the Mountain on 57th has a lot of good wet wings. I usually get the spicy peanut sauce but hey have a variety of interesting sauces.

Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery downtown on morrison st has good fish and chips. Last time I went I got the fried salmon and fries but when I was in Portland this past summer they didn't have it anymore. They are a little pricey though, beware. They may or not batter their fish in beer though.

If you want something sweet and are willing to drive a few minutes south, the New Seasons market in Happy Valley has the bomb *** banana cake. The other New Seasons have it too but the one out in Happy Valley seems to be better and fresher. It's about $5 for a huge slice that can satisfy two people. Also like people have said, Voodoo Donuts. I'm not a big fan but its a popular tourist location.

If you want some soul food, your best bet would be Christopher's on MLK Jr since they closed down Yam Yams. They have good ribs and their turkey burgers are good. When I live in Portland their red velvet cake was good but when I got it recently it didn't taste the same.

If you have kids, Oaks Park is pretty fun. The rides are operational during summer and spring so that'd fit your schedule. They have a huge roller rink :\  Can't think of "things" to do. They closed down the indoor paintball field in Vancouver and the one that used to be by the Land Rover dealership on Grand Ave but they have a outdoor one in Gresham a few minutes east.

Since your on niketalk I'm going to assume you like shoes. Downtown on 3rd there's are boutique/consignment shop called Index PDX that opened this summer. Try to get a pass to the employee store in Beaverton if you know someone that works at Nike. The Adidas USA HQ is on Greeley in N Portland in you wanna check that out.

If I knew what you liked to do or what you were interested in I'd be able to tell you more places. 

Edit: Saw OP was allergic to alcohol.

You talking bout Asian jack from back in the days who use to hold credit on the vega's and md 20 20.. Lol.. Only original nep cats know about that.. B4 the yuppies moved in!!

You talking bout Asian jack from back in the days who use to hold credit on the vega's and md 20 20.. Lol.. Only original nep cats know about that.. B4 the yuppies moved in!!
smokin.gif
Alberta market

I went there last week and got some chicken wings

Last edited:
Haha hell yeah Jack know how to make some good *** fried chicken. My family has known him and his family for ages.

Before the gentrification of NE 
mean.gif

Checkout Portland City Grill late night, the view is crazy. I checked out the Pearl District and ate at this Peruvian place. Downtown Portland is really clean.

Back
Top Bottom