things high speed internet killed , made better

contrary to popular belief there was plenty of internet in the 90's 
laugh.gif

albeit not the fastest 

but for some reason to me atleast .the perfect time was dial up , the information

was all out there but u still had to earn your stripes and make your bones...

30 minutes to download a track 16-39 hours for a movie ...so you would think

twice before you called something wack or trash...

if you wanted to get into some new alternative rock band you could , if you wanted to play fantasy sports you could

download album/movie etc you could....you could check the movie listing online etc...

you just needed patience , 

one of my favorite quotes from before sunrise 1995

"you know what drives me crazy? it's all these people talking about how great technology is , and how it saves all this time . but what good is saved time if nobody uses it? if it just turns into more busy work? you never hear somebody say . "with the time i've save by using my word processor , i'm gonna go to a zen monasery and hang out".i mean , you never hear that"

what are some things high speed internet killed/mad better?

a few 

0.jpg

New-Virgin-Megastore-at-TDM.jpg

ss-130911-carson-daly-2002d.ss_full.jpg

Killed: the fear of being caught looking at fap images cuz they took like 2 minutes each to load

Made Better: Fapping in general

Killed: "Get off the internet! You're tying up the line!!"

Made Better: Research for school

Killed: personal conversations

Made better: personal conversations

Last edited:
killed social life, i knw people that cant go a meal without goin on there phone. :smh:

Killed: Internet tying up the phone (this is a good thing)

Miss Blockbusters . . . used to watch WWE PPV's a month or two later because my parents weren't trying to pay that 50-60 bucks . . . except Wrestlemania
pimp.gif

Made better: it used to be so annoying to take like 5+ minutes to load a page . . . now when it takes more than a few seconds to load a page I catch feels

Poren

The internet and iPhones are making our attention spans shorter

Killed:

--Knowing what a woman really looks like and making an informed decision before dating... (angles, filters, photoshop)
--Newspapers, magazines, print media and soon news (no one who wants news has to wait a month or even til 10 at night for it)
--Arguing from an uninformed position (people can be discredited with the quickness now talking out their *****)
--Privacy (they watching :nerd:)
--Innocence (kids grow up fast now because they have access to more information)
--Encyclopedias

Made Better:

--communication (we are basically cybernetically enhanced telepaths now)
Think about it
--Intelligence (if you want to know, you can find out)
--College (no need to sit through boring classes)

Last edited:
Killed: Internet tying up the phone (this is a good thing)​

Miss Blockbusters . . . used to watch WWE PPV's a month or two later because my parents weren't trying to pay that 50-60 bucks . . . except Wrestlemania :pimp:

Made better: it used to be so annoying to take like 5+ minutes to load a page . . . now when it takes more than a few seconds to load a page I catch feels​

Poren​

The internet and iPhones are making our attention spans shorter​

Aren't you like 17?

Never had to deal with internet tying up the phones.

We had two phone lines so you could use the internet and be on the phone at the same time.

And 
frown.gif
@ that Blockbuster post. Blockbuster and McDonald's were my best friends on saturday.

"Granpa, what was the internet like in the 90s?"
Suddenly Granpa drops to the floor face first.
Several minutes pass and Granpa still has not gotten up.
"Granpa! Granpa! What's wrong?!"
Granpa slowly turns over onto his back and looks at his grandson.
He replies "Nothing, this is what the internet was like back then."

Also think it killed individuality a little too. A lot of people have the same style, or it's very prominent that some dudes just be copying.

Killed:

--Knowing what a woman really looks like and making an informed decision before dating... (angles, filters, photoshop)
--Newspapers, magazines, print media and soon news (no one who wants news has to wait a month or even til 10 at night for it)
--Arguing from an uninformed position (people can be discredited with the quickness now talking out their *****)
--Privacy (they watching
nerd.gif
)
--Innocence (kids grow up fast now because they have access to more information)

--Encyclopedias

Made Better:

--communication (we are basically cybernetically enhanced telepaths now)
Think about it
--Intelligence (if you want to know, you can find out)
--College (no need to sit through boring classes)
Thread bodied at 4:28 PM CST on October 1st, 2013.

RIP

Man Block Buster was heaven on earth. Friday/Saturday night with a new video game and pizza was so clutch
nthat.gif

Worse feeling though was trying to rent that new game and they'd be all out, had to go to the counter to see if somebody returned one so you could rent it...
blockbuster and pizza hut>>>>

Man Block Buster was heaven on earth. Friday/Saturday night with a new video game and pizza was so clutch :nthat:

Worse feeling though was trying to rent that new game and they'd be all out, had to go to the counter to see if somebody returned one so you could rent it...

blockbuster and pizza hut>>>>

Pizza Hut had the game on lock back in the day.

You ever get lucky and your parents copped you some candy from BB?

My personal fave was those Butterfinger bites or little Nestle Crunch clusters :wow:

Last edited:
damn i always remember begging for my dad to let me rent 2 games instead of just one at blockbuster :lol:

Back
Top Bottom