There's a plane in the Hudson River RIGHT NOW

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

witness who saw it land said the ferrys/police boats were at the scene within 30 seconds
eek.gif
, that response would only happen at the hudson god dam!

yeah i just got word from an officer friend of mine, everyone is so far reported to be ok...(thankfully)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

no one was hurt? isnt hitting water almost as bad as hitting dirt?? living out in the desert, thats a scary thought that birds could knock out the planes here and thered be no soft landing in water... wed be hitting dirt

The river seemed to be the only safe place to land, I think they're landing gear would have worked otherwise. A witness did say it was a slow contact..

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

15xohdy.jpg

They should put a filter over those engines.
You mean like a net or grate? It wouldn't matter, the bird would still get sucked in...

And good thing everybody is OK.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

lurkin2long:
there are 40k car accidents every year, plane crashes are no where near that number.

plane>car
How many people do you know that have survived a car wreck?

How many people do you know that have survived a plane wreck?

car > plane

actually a lot of people survive plane accidents... you just don't hear about all the minor stuff, the news only covers the big crashes wherepeople die.

Planes are much safer - and the 2 years thing was commercial flights in the united states without a fatality. And it appears the streak is still in tact.

Flying is safe people - so much safer than driving.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

no one was hurt? isnt hitting water almost as bad as hitting dirt?? living out in the desert, thats a scary thought that birds could knock out the planes here and thered be no soft landing in water... wed be hitting dirt

Someone jumped off the Manhattan Bridge into the East River 10+ yrs ago...people were saying that a jump into water from that altitude is like falling intoconcrete.

it appeared to be a perfect landing rather than a crash landing. to the eyewitnesses it looked very smooth and controlled
smokin.gif

This pilot deserves an award, early retirement and full pension. Props to him for staying calm and saving a lot of lives today. Unbelievable.

Damn, my pops is on a plane right as I type (US Airways) on his way to GA by way of SC, I'm bout to blow his phone up and leave mad messages... s**t likethis makes me think twice about traveling by plane...

Originally Posted by thejoker0077

this is big news because........................ no1 got hurt so ys this such big news???
yes. b/c a plane crashing is such an everyday ho-hum occurrence like buying coffee

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

lurkin2long:
there are 40k car accidents every year, plane crashes are no where near that number.

plane>car
How many people do you know that have survived a car wreck?

How many people do you know that have survived a plane wreck?

car > plane
actually a lot of people survive plane accidents... you just don't hear about all the minor stuff, the news only covers the big crashes where people die.

Planes are much safer - and the 2 years thing was commercial flights in the united states without a fatality. And it appears the streak is still in tact.

Flying is safe people - so much safer than driving.

sorry ska but youre wrong.

This pilot deserves an award, early retirement and full pension. Props to him for staying calm and saving a lot of lives today. Unbelievable.

This is true..My supervisor just said the same thing..we said Keys to the City...

Medal_of_Honor.jpg

gret training as well, landed the plane very safely

on another note...they said they hit a flock of geese which made the plane go down 100 ft

Originally Posted by thejoker0077

this is big news because........................ no1 got hurt so ys this such big news???

man sit down dude, so having all passengers die within impact is worthy of it being big news? Do you not know how close that plane is to NYC's skyline?this is even bigger/better news because the pilot was able to land it so perfectly and everyone is alright.

3bm2g.jpg

This guy they're interviewing that was a passenger is so shook but he's funny too.... just said something like "it was pretty cool"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom