"There were too many black players" [In the NBA] Video now up

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Kobe Wan Kenobi is going to go crazy when he reads this. He might go outside and punch the first white person he sees.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's Russ Granik. You may remember him from manning the podium during the NBA's 2nd round draft selection announcements. He recently retired from theNBA after 30 years with the league.

EDIT: I can't believe Russ Granik said that.

Has that perception changed?

I mean the NBA is so diluted now its not even funny. It needs to go back to 24-26 team league, bring back hand checking, take away the zone and crack down onflopping. If the NBA were to go back to this we would have more talented teams with more heart. Personally i'd rather watch that, but thats just me...

Originally Posted by Ocks

I mean the NBA is so diluted now its not even funny. It needs to go back to 24-26 team league, bring back hand checking, take away the zone and crack down on flopping. If the NBA were to go back to this we would have more talented teams with more heart. Personally i'd rather watch that, but thats just me...

He's not saying that was his opinion, he's saying people had the perception that the league was drug infested and that it was a bunch of thugs.He's pointing out why many people, ignorant/bigoted though they may have been, shied away from the NBA at the time.

He's not saying that was his opinion, he's saying people had the perception that the league was drug infested and that it was a bunch of thugs. He's pointing out why many people, ignorant/bigoted though they may have been, shied away from the NBA at the time.
You would think people would be able to grasp that concept. I guess not............
Besides, comprehension spoils all the fun of overreacting to a racial issue.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

He's not saying that was his opinion, he's saying people had the perception that the league was drug infested and that it was a bunch of thugs. He's pointing out why many people, ignorant/bigoted though they may have been, shied away from the NBA at the time.

You're correct. I listened again for a third time and caught the "at the time the perception was...". That portion is critical tounderstanding Granik's statement.

Back
Top Bottom