There Is No Greatest Rap Album Of All Time...

..because there is no way you can convince me either of these albums is better than the other.

Wu-Tang%20Clan%20-%20Enter%20The%20Wu-Tang%20%2836%20Chambers%29.jpg
nas-illmatic.jpg

I'm a HUGE Wu-Tang fan, but come on, NOTHING is better than illmatic. 40 minutes of piffery. God knows how any times I've listened to it and it nevergets old.

You can listen to every song from illmatic without skipping....

Can't say the same thing from 36 Chambers.

(36 Chambers is in my top 5 BTW)

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

You can listen to every song from illmatic without skipping....

Can't say the same thing from 36 Chambers.

(36 Chambers is in my top 5 BTW)
So, what you're saying is that there are less than 5 albums in hip-history that you can listen to without skipping?
If so, that's a slap in the face of hip-hop.

And I'm a HUGE fan of 36 Chambers, but honestly OB4CL is better to me than 36 Chambers is.

So, what you're saying is that there are less than 5 albums in hip-history that you can listen to without skipping?
If so, that's a slap in the face of hip-hop.

No that's NOT what I'm saying
laugh.gif

illmatic is the best album of all-time because you can listen to the whole album without skipping... that is what makes it better than 36 Chambers.

^What is skippable on 36?

I've yet to be convinced that Illmatic isn't the best album of all time.

However, imo there is not a definitive GOAT rapper

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

I've yet to be convinced that Illmatic isn't the best album of all time.

However, imo there is not a definitive GOAT rapper

On-point.
I mean you can make a case for almost every single track of Illmatic being the best one on there.

[h3]There Is No Greatest Rap Album Of All Time...[/h3]...because there is no way you can convince me either of these albums is better than the other it all comes down to personal favorites.

FIXED

That's not true.

One of my favorite albums is God's Son.
But I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's better than "Paid in Full" or something, because it's not.

I love both, but i always skip clan in the front on 36. I would definitely say Illmatic is the GOAT though. The beats on illmatic are just masterful, and thesounds on 36
are somewhat simple. I know thats what RZA was going for, and it worked, but the sounds on Illmatic are just
eek.gif
enough that it edges out 36 imo.
And shame on a is not a skipping track.

I agree with OP, I've got some that just can't edge out each other

as for shame being skippable, well the chorus of it explains how I feel about you

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

[h3]There Is No Greatest Rap Album Of All Time...[/h3]...because there is no way you can convince me either of these albums is better than the other it all comes down to personal favorites.

FIXED

100% on point

DOC's 'No One Can Do It Better' is top 3 of the greatest Hip Hop albums I ever heard.

As for those two, I'd chose Illmatic over 36 Chambers. And 36 Chambers is one of my all time favorite as well.

Back
Top Bottom