THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

https://rockets.clutchfans.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/patrick-beverley-lebron-james.jpg

If the NBA players decide to go the boycotting route, I hope NFL players try to do the same. The impact would be enormous considering the demographic of the NFL’s fanbase. I fear that if football returns as normal during the NBA boycott, football will dominate the headlines.
That concern definitely isn’t a reason to not do it though.

The NFLPA doesn't have the clout. The NBA is a star driven league and the NFL isn't. Being real, most fans only know a couple of players on their favorite teams. Also, NBA players make a lot more money than NFL players do. Average NBA players make more than elite NFL players, the only NFL players making NBA money are quarterbacks.

This is why the NFL players association gets pushed around in CBA negotiations. They're a lot more slices of the pie in the NFL, there are no guaranteed contracts and America is the only country that plays football. When the NBA had a lockout, guys could go to China and other countries and make money, NFL players don't have that option.

Not to mention, the NFL fan base is a lot more conservative and would turn on the players immediately

So we not gonna call out the obvious agendas that are shining through right now? This is what I was talking about lol

Some white guy hosting a show on ESPN radio an hour ago said , I would think the league coming back would give a spotlight on black lives matter".

Funny ish , the players are already famous now.

Some white guy hosting a show on ESPN radio an hour ago said , I would think the league coming back would give a spotlight on black lives matter".

Funny ish , the players are already famous now.

I heard Jason Jackson and Amin El Hassan say the same on NBA Radio this morning. They showed respect to the other side of the discussion, but still came down in favor of playing ASAP.

Maybe that’s genuinely how they feel, but the fact is that all sports media people, especially those tied directly to the NBA, stand to benefit from sports starting again sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

And they think this surge is related to Memorial Day gatherings. If that’s true, just stands to reason that a protest-related surge is coming too:frown:

Man I’m already seeing the narratives flowing on social media.
Not many people are understanding neither side is wrong :smh: .

I heard Jason Jackson and Amin El Hassan say the same on NBA Radio this morning. They showed respect to the other side of the discussion, but still came down in favor of playing ASAP.

Maybe that’s genuinely how they feel, but the fact is that all sports media people, especially those tied directly to the NBA, stand to benefit from sports starting again sooner rather than later.

Framing the argument as athletes who don't want to resume are woke and trying to fix things and those who want to play are selfish ****s is oversimplifying things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom