THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the poorest deflections I’ve ever seen. Plus anything you’re going to say about the Knicks, he’s probably said worse :lol:
He can’t acknowledge Jordan is the greatest player of all-time even though Jordan abused the Knicks and denied them from winning a ring in the 90s?

Gotta luv the ATL

05640975-D89F-49AB-8F38-B80137C7C515.jpeg

As the best 2 way player ever still.

Don't know how you take away somebody's competitiveness though and have them be the same guy.

Magic and Bird were killers too.
I'm talking about the level of competitiveness that made him a jerk. Every single player who makes it to professional sports has some degree of competitiveness. I mean, we can agree on that, right? And every single player who reaches a point in their sport where they are a marquee player has a very high level of competitiveness. And obviously even more so with players in the GOAT convo. But there's a level of competitiveness that MJ has that made him a jerk. My contention is that Bron doesn't have that level, and… are we holding that against him? He obviously has an extremely high level of competitiveness. There's no way he would even be in the GOAT convo if he were just ho-hum mentally about basketball, just going through the motions. But he's not largely considered so competitive that he's a jerk. MJ was. I'm curious about that conversation.

So what’s the consensus on the 15-16 Warriors, Pre KD?

The greatest team of all time (that lost)...Led by Step/Klay/Dray + Kerr?

All time great regular season team. Them going 7 with OKC and then blowing that lead to the Cavs takes them down a peg. I'd have to go back and look where they rank as far as runners up with some of the other squads like those Celtics and Lakers teams in the 80s.
I'm talking about the level of competitiveness that made him a jerk. Every single player who makes it to professional sports has some degree of competitiveness. I mean, we can agree on that, right? And every single player who reaches a point in their sport where they are a marquee player has a very high level of competitiveness. And obviously even more so with players in the GOAT convo. But there's a level of competitiveness that MJ has that made him a jerk. My contention is that Bron doesn't have that level, and… are we holding that against him? He obviously has an extremely high level of competitiveness. There's no way he would even be in the GOAT convo if he were just ho-hum mentally about basketball, just going through the motions. But he's not largely considered so competitive that he's a jerk. MJ was. I'm curious about that conversation.

I don't know if I agree that he's as competitive as some of the other greats just based on his team hopping and propensity to always try and stack the deck in his favor. Chuck flat out asked on national tv if he wants to compete. Bron's career is largely been elevated because the path of least resistance. Bron's mentality is just not a killer, you don't have to hold it against him but it does explain how something like 2011 happens. Or him refusing to guard the best player on other teams at your same position.

He got his way with AD and was still trying to recruit Kawhi hard as hell. That doesn't scream wanting to compete. You want the easiest ring possible.

Last edited:
Coochie better when it’s dangerous
Social distancing 😷

I have been thinking about how this current state of affairs takes “protection“ to a new level while smashing. Is done out of the question? Are yambs gonna request you wear an N95 but still let you smash raw? These are the issues that need to be addressed during White House briefings.

Game 6 of the '96 Finals is on NBATV if you guys want to watch MJ shoot 5-19 and get outscored by Detlef Schrempf. Pretty good demonstration of the difference between a team sport and an individual sport.

No kIlLer iNstiNct!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom