THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

:emoji_thinking:

Dare I say he's got a point? They definitely would've been able to sustain the run in the East longer with him but not sure if they'd have gotten over the hump and actually win one

EU5V_crUYAA0cHk
'09 class was ridiculously stacked too but this is def one of the greatest in my lifetime

1’s and 2’s is all we do here. If we don’t do nothing else we got whatever you want on that perimeter. you under 6’5 and you come to NC...you better bring your A game bc 9/10 it’s a guard or guards in there that’s got some real work for you.
AP_18061054614184.jpg

Neither is any argument that says this player is a good defender:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12...-late-defensive-possession-against-cavaliers/

i got articles, too

Bruhs I was rewatching Game 6 of last years finals earlier today and it was actually really sad watching Wardell be so trash with Klay being amazing until the injury and Iggy coming through with another clutch performance. Wardell cost his team the game, mans was bricking damn near everything in the 2nd half including the wide open looks.

• Sad
Reactions: HIM

i got articles, too

Those articles are opinions. My article was a story about a fact - Steph Curry being subbed out on a key defensive possession by his coach. And not for Tony Allen or Bruce Bowen in their primes either. But for Shaun Livingston.

Those articles are opinions. My article was a story about a fact - Steph Curry being subbed out on a key defensive possession by his coach. And not for Tony Allen or Bruce Bowen in their primes either. But for Shaun Livingston.

Facts:

"Here are some stats from the last few years on Stephen Curry:

DFG differential (Ranking amongst guards who guarded equal or more shot attempts per game)

Regular Season

o 2015: -2.8% (1st)
o 2016: -3.2% (1st)
o 2017: -0.1% (17th)

Post-Season

o 2015: -4.5% (11th)
o 2016: -3.4 (13th)
o 2017: -4.5% (9th)

For those who don’t understand what Defensive Field Goal (DFG) differential is; it is the percentage difference from an opponent’s normal field goal percentage and that from when that player is guarded by that specific player. For example, in 2015, those guarded by Curry shot 2.8% worse than their normal FG%, therefore, his DFG differential was -2.8%.

Deflections Per Game (Ranking amongst all players)

· 2017: 3.3 (11th)

Steals (Ranking amongst all players)

· 2015: 163 (1st)
· 2016: 169 (1st)
· 2017: 142 (5th)

Defensive Win Shares (Ranking amongst all players)

· 2015: 4.1 (15th)
· 2016: 4.1 (10th)
· 2017: 3.9 (12th)

Defensive Rating (Ranking amongst all guards)

· 2015: 100.6 (3rd)
· 2016: 102 (5th)
· 2017: 104.7 (6th)"

#NTExtremes really at work when it comes to Steph’s defense. He’s either a total defensively liability who can’t guard a ball-rack or an undercover Joe Dumars... :lol:

Above average on ball defender (due to size limitations). Really good team defender (what actually matters in winning basketball).

That SHOULD be the consensus. But people on here are flat out dumb, when it comes to discussing Steph, and pretend like he’s Trae Young on defense :lol:.

He was special on D, that one year in 2016 tho 😉😉😉😉😉😉.

It’s easier to defend when you’re flanked by 4 versatile elite defenders and you can be hidden on the weakest offensive player on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom