THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
04a0ce4d-faa5-44cd-88ea-cc30c5334569-2020-07-30_NBA_kneel.jpg

This championship absolutely is an asterisk chip.

There's no way in good faith that you can say this season is remotely the same as the actual season.

4.5 month layoff is longer than an actual NBA offseason.

Combine that with No homecourt, in a bubble in Orlando with no fans...yeah this is...this is definitely a tough chip to win, but it isn't like a typical NBA championship

Don't mean it's less than though. Couldmean the complete opposite.

For the top seeded teams.... they literally lost the whole reward for being great in the regular season

for reference, over the last 10 years the team with home court advantage has WON THE SERIES 74% OF THE TIME. that's a pretty huge advantage to lose man.

Whoever wins this championship won't be looked at as past championship teams. These are not normal times.

This championship absolutely is an asterisk chip.

There's no way in good faith that you can say this season is remotely the same as the actual season.

4.5 month layoff is longer than an actual NBA offseason.

Combine that with No homecourt, in a bubble in Orlando with no fans...yeah this is...this is definitely a tough chip to win, but it isn't like a typical NBA championship

Don't mean it's less than though. Couldmean the complete opposite.
Even slate for every team. They already played a full season, we know who the best teams are. Now they just need to finish it. No excuses.

Durant got hurt but nobody said Kawhi got an asterisk by his title.

Lakers Winning this will be bitter sweet because it will be the worse of both worlds. Laker haters will try to discredit it & bron stans will try to count it as two rings.

Even slate for every team. They already played a full season, we know who the best teams are. Now they just need to finish it. No excuses.

Injuries tend to be overlooked. i.e. Irving and Love that one year

Lakers winning the chip would literally be the best outcome for the league.

I'm grossly paraphrasing here, but this just happened:

Shaq: "We can see all this stuff, but things have to change."

Chuck: "I wish they treated black citizens the way they treated black athaletes."

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

You're being Obtuse. This isn't someone getting an injury different fam. They're playing in a damn bubble in Orlando with no fans or homecourt after a 4.5 month layoff.

I don't think whomever is hoisting up the trophy at the end of the season is gonna give a damn about any asterisk.

I'm grossly paraphrasing here, but this just happened:

Shaq: "We can see all this stuff, but things have to change."

Chuck: "I wish they treated black citizens the way they treated black athaletes."

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I think I understood what he was saying but I wish it was a bit more clear

He hates how whites support black celebs/athletes/culture but then look at black people in everyday life as less than

You're being Obtuse. This isn't someone getting an injury different fam. They're playing in a damn bubble in Orlando with no fans or homecourt after a 4.5 month layoff.

I think the disconnect is that people use their term asterisk differently. Some people use it in an attempt to diminish the season/championship and others use it to highlight the structural or procedural abnormalities of the season/championship.

One is subjective. The other is objective.

Said this from the beginning in talking with BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE the continuity to me is what throws it all off

There's 2 weeks of games after a 4 month layoff then straight into the playoffs. To me that's just trash

I'm not saying it's an easier chip to win at all, I'm saying the circumstances surrounding the continuation is trash. I can't say the chip is tainted or anything like that but it's definitely not the same caliber as almost all the other modern day titles imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom