THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, where's your mustache and glasses?' -- Bobby V on the 20th ...

Sad.

All your life you work your *** for this moment then you piss it all away your first couple of years because of a drug.

Some of the top G League or international players who have been stuck in the US the past few months could make big impacts as potential replacement players.

Come on, Malik. When some people were saying that players today should be more like guys who played in the 80s, this is not what they had in mind.

Sad.

Boogie will need to find a niche and become a current Dwight type of player. But that also depends on how well he recovers.
Even with the bad back, Dwight still moves and jumps better than Boogie...Boogie really is an old man out there now and no team gon give him the touches he used to get to be effective, so dont know what kinda impact he can have except just taking up space

Also the fact that transgender women were involved makes it less believable. Its become an en vogue buzzword to falsely create intrigue around things.

Not saying I don't agree with that but it's very believable that a good portion of these NBA dudes are hitting transgenders.

Everyone seems to forget when KD's brother got caught up a couple years ago. He got the plug from somewhere

Even with the bad back, Dwight still moves and jumps better than Boogie...Boogie really is an old man out there now and no team gon give him the touches he used to get to be effective, so dont know what kinda impact he can have except just taking up space

Yeah, Dwight showed this season that he can be a defensive and rebounding force in limited minute stints. That’s valuable. Don’t think Boogie can offer anything like that.

Not saying I don't agree with that but it's very believable that a good portion of these NBA dudes are hitting transgenders.

Everyone seems to forget when KD's brother got caught up a couple years ago. He got the plug from somewhere
See, that's where I am not rolling. "Very believable" and "Good portion" just make it seem too widespread.

People should be able to do whatever they want without it being something looked at with contempt, but IMO the whole transgender attraction thing just seems to be reported in way too high of a volume amongst famous people and their associates to where it just doesnt seem to make sense.

derrick rose is forever a chicago legend

Everyone likes to act like we’re progressing in America, we’re great. How can that be great? How can you be great when you can’t confront your truth? The truth is you mistreat people. The truth is you tell people if you work hard and get a diploma you’re gonna be gifted this opportunity of a lifetime, but a lot of people don’t get the opportunity no matter what. They don’t get the chance to even put a foot in that door.

People don’t understand that living where I lived, there are a bunch of traps that you can get caught up in. This place traps a lot of people. People are locked up—more people are locked up than in slavery.

You look at the schools. Where do they close the schools? All over the South Side. And then they give money to help private schools for people who already have money. Look at the books we have, the labs, the prep for exams. It’s not like other places in Chicago. And then they say people don’t want to work, they just want free money. F**k that. My mom worked two, three jobs, worked all the time. I’d ditch school sometimes, because she’d leave before me. But she was always calling to make sure I went. She’d get home after basketball practice, working all kinds of jobs, secretary, everything you could think of, but there still wasn’t enough money because of how little these jobs paid. But she was always trying to work.

Look at all the stuff the Daleys did when they ran Chicago. You think there’s no reason why the Dan Ryan Expressway was built where it was? They cut off the South Side neighborhoods to protect the Bridgeport area and the Daleys. The police were all over there protecting those streets in Bridgeport. Then the buildings come up—public housing, they called it—and it was like prison, high-rise buildings for people to live in like jails.

Don’t tell me about Chicago and it’s gangs with all the drugs. What was Chicago known for? Al Capone and Italian gangsters, right? Shooting up everything, what all the movies were about. You read about that 1893 World’s Fair? All those women going missing. Nobody talks about that and they try to act like Chicago got crazy all of a sudden. They try to act like it’s just blacks acting crazy. They try to act like it’s these crazy negroes. Hey, Mayor Daley’s family was doing the bootlegging. They had gangs back in the day going to neighborhoods beating up black guys. We’re the problem?

It is a crisis now, but don’t try to act like this suddenly just got here. Even in Chicago, how much opportunity do you have if you are African American? Chicago is low-key segregated. Here’s what I mean. You can have money in Chicago, but then try to get a building or get property in certain places if you’re African American. I’ve been turned down trying to buy property downtown. I tried to get a shop for my girl at the time to have a salon near Michigan Avenue. They turned me away. You know, I’ve got capital. They thought it was gonna be an “urban” crowd. You know what I mean? Coming down to their Michigan Avenue.

So not only are there not so many shops and companies in our neighborhood, and so not enough jobs, but then when you try to open something, they tell you no. And when they tell you no, somehow it’s our fault? How are we supposed to grow as a community? So people end up selling drugs. Nothing big, my brothers did that. It’s just for the family to live. This is no drug gang.

And how come with our drugs, we go to jail? Isn’t alcohol a drug? Tobacco? But too many

white businesses make money on that, so that’s okay. So you think more people

are getting killed driving with drugs or driving drunk? But it’s the African American community that’s the problem? That’s why I wore the “I Can’t Breathe” T-shirt after Eric Garner was killed in New York.

I know these kids and I know they really want to change. They want to have a chance at

the same things everyone else does. That’s why I try to keep asking if there really is enough opportunity where I’m from. Because I have money there and I’m still having a hard time finding someone who’s gonna help my people prosper. It seems like we’re in a system where you get cut off every angle that you go.

See, that's where I am not rolling. "Very believable" and "Good portion" just make it seem too widespread.

People should be able to do whatever they want without it being something looked at with contempt, but IMO the whole transgender attraction thing just seems to be reported in way too high of a volume amongst famous people and their associates to where it just doesnt seem to make sense.

And what’s the logic behind famous people being more into it than non-famous people? They have such easy access to regular P that they get bored and need to try something new? Doesn’t add up to me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom