THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reminded of something Meth said to me when him & I were discussing something completely different than the conversation earlier. Even though what he messaged me is a different topic, it's still relevant to what you just said:

"Our moderation team cannot get into the business of adjudicating when it is and isn't appropriate for someone to take offense to something."

Basically what he & I were taking about was the notion that we can't have people saying certain things because those things are irresponsible at best and just dangerous at worst. Now, anyone who's been on here and paid attention to Meth for a given amount of time knows how he rocks: just because he's making it clear to me and the rest of the moderation team that we can't... well, you read the quote... that doesn't mean he's going to allow people to just be blatantly chauvinist, sexist, racist, or otherwise bigoted. We all know he's just straight up not going to let that rock. But as far as things that toe the line and seem irresponsible and really boil down to the fact that most of us on the entire forum just plain don't like what someone said that we're calling irresponsible and insensitive: It's very important to Meth that we not get in the business of suppressing those things, but it's also very important to him that natural consequences play out among your peers if you're being irresponsible around them or insensitive to them.

(And before anyone gets any funny ideas about me trying to duck him by not tagging him: you guys have no idea how much he gets tagged and messaged every single day. I really try to keep him out of conversations if it's really just a matter of him needing to give a virtual thumbs up.)
Do you know what meth looks like? Or what he does? He such a mystery. So polarizing. But seemingly a real good dude.

Got the key to the city n ****.

cobra-springfield-625x417.0.0.jpg

I wanted to make sure people understood the context of my original statement: it was about each user’s ability to take offense, not make offensive statements.

In buc em’ s case, that would apply to his ill-conceived allegation of “reverse racism” (a self-defeating claim that inherently acknowledges that there exists a normative, prevailing flow of discrimination), but it would neither apply to nor excuse his other toxic comments.
He get the perma ban from NT or is he just banned from this thread?

Wait.... What happened??!!!?!!
@buc em was having discussions about reverse racism and then a topic came up about some chick who alleges that she was gang-raped. He found a tweet from her thirst trapping people and then said that the way she dresses means she wasn't credible. He was subsequently banned. He sunk his own ship.

Last edited:
If you get banned can’t you just create another account?

Doo be doo the Lakers troll must’ve come back 10 times

If you get banned can’t you just create another account?

Doo be doo the Lakers troll must’ve come back 10 times

At least 10. Dude refused to just go away.

And I don‘t exactly know how it works, but I think there’s a way to block someone who’s been banned from coming back under a new SN

At least 10. Dude refused to just go away.

And I don‘t exactly know how it works, but I think there’s a way to block someone who’s been banned from coming back under a new SN
Yea IP can be blocked but then again beach em is dense enough to come back

Came in here just to celebrate Buc Em getting banned :pimp: No idea how he got a pass for saying all the ignorant nonsense he’s been saying for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom